JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

Thanks for the link. Its encouraging that 1/3 had improved symptoms.

MCCAMMON: In a survey of long-haulers, about a third reported that symptoms lessened after they received the vaccine.

About a fifth said they got worse, and about half were about the same.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Michigan is becoming a vortex and getting real bad.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:56 PM, Sofia said:

this is a coronavirus

it messes with imune systems

most people don’t develop antibodies and yet are protected

people who got covid should not be vaccinated

on the other hand I ve told by long haulers that after taking Pfizer vaccine their symptoms pós covid have improved

You say people who got COVID should not be vaccinated, but the article you posted says those who’ve had COVID should get vaccinated. I’m confused!

CDC says:

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

While more detail of why is explained here in a Time article:

In a study published April 1 in Nature Medicine, researchers led by a team at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center report that people who recovered from COVID-19 generated the same level of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 after one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as people who have never been infected and receive the recommended two doses of the shot.

In some ways, the results aren’t surprising, since immunity generally works on a what scientists in the field call a “prime-boost model”: immune cells need to be primed, or exposed to a virus—in this case with a first dose of a vaccine—in order to later on recognize it as foreign and design the right antibodies and other defenses dedicated to blocking or destroying it. Once these forces are marshaled, a boost—a second dose—activates the system and puts the immune response into motion. Natural infection, some experts thought, might serve as an effective prime, and a dose of vaccine as a boost for adequate protection from COVID-19. And the latest data seem to support that theory.

https://time.com/5951898/do-i-need-two-vaccine-doses/

I see, even among brothers, that people who have had the virus , or been vaccinated, begin to disregard the principles to stay apart, and wear face masks when applicable. It shows that they do not understand that they can still carry and infect others with the virus. And that, even if they had antibodies/immunity, nobody knows exactly how long that lasts. Regarding antibodies, the medical community, I believe, says up to 6 months.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 hours ago, califlorican said:

You say people who got COVID should not be vaccinated, but the article you posted says those who’ve had COVID should get vaccinated. I’m confused!

I know from my studies and experience that who got COVID is probably protected for a long time unless the coronavirus changes a LOT

the articles state the uncertainty that scientists have

they state that it’s best to vaccinate EVERYONE

In a few more months / years they will discover that natural infection protects the person

People who had the first SARS back in 2003 tested positive for antibodies is 2020

17 years after their body still had antibodies 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

17 hours ago, califlorican said:

Hello my dear sister.

In my opinion, the infection is good to give protection, unless the virus changes GREATLY

( I have tested my imunity and I have protection after 15 months pos covid infection!)

I have found an answer from a scientist: 

B. Sc, M. Sc from Uppsala University

The latest word (an extremely well-made scientific study here in Sweden) says that you have a better than 95% immunity for at least 9 months after infection. This is quite on par with the best vaccines. They looked at S antibodies (against the spike protein), in contrast with other studies that have primarily looked at N antibodies (against the “nucleus” of the virus)—N antibodies tend to fade after 3–4 months, but the S antibodies lasted longer, and that’s the antibodies that the vaccines will coax the body into producing, so the results are directly comparable. In addition, you have a Covid-19-specific T cell response after going through the infection.

The conclusion from that study was that yes, if you have gone through a Covid-19 infection you should still get vaccinated as a booster, but there’s no rush. You are protected to some extent, and even if you do get re-infected, you are less likely to spread the virus.

Meanwhile, a French study indicates that it’s possible that one shot is enough for boosting the immune response after Covid-19 infection.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

Hello my dear sister.

In my opinion, the infection is good to give protection, unless the virus changes GREATLY

( I have tested my imunity and I have protection after 15 months pos covid infection!)

I have found an answer from a scientist: 

B. Sc, M. Sc from Uppsala University

The latest word (an extremely well-made scientific study here in Sweden) says that you have a better than 95% immunity for at least 9 months after infection. This is quite on par with the best vaccines. They looked at S antibodies (against the spike protein), in contrast with other studies that have primarily looked at N antibodies (against the “nucleus” of the virus)—N antibodies tend to fade after 3–4 months, but the S antibodies lasted longer, and that’s the antibodies that the vaccines will coax the body into producing, so the results are directly comparable. In addition, you have a Covid-19-specific T cell response after going through the infection.

The conclusion from that study was that yes, if you have gone through a Covid-19 infection you should still get vaccinated as a booster, but there’s no rush. You are protected to some extent, and even if you do get re-infected, you are less likely to spread the virus.

Meanwhile, a French study indicates that it’s possible that one shot is enough for boosting the immune response after Covid-19 infection.

I trust your expertise! Just wasn’t sure why the suggestion is different. But it makes sense, and it would’ve been nice if they prioritized people who don’t have antibodies yet. But I guess that is too hard to track quickly? 

My wife (not a jw) made a comment yesterday that really hit me.  Im not a conspiracy theorist, or political of course.  She and her family are definitely pro Trump types, anti vaccine, "covid is just the flu", the whole line.  

Recently there is talk of a childrens vaccine and trials.  Well we had the news playing most of the day yesterday, and they were talking about a new variant that is affecting younger people.  It is supposedly more contagious and more deadly.  My wife makes the comment "Great, just in time for the childrens vaccine, how convenient...".  

That kinda hit me, wow, that is pretty convenient.   For what though?  Im just not gonna waste my time worrying about it.  And i had my first shot last week.  And so did she btw (HCW)!

Edited by rolypoly

My wife (not a jw) made a comment yesterday that really hit me.  Im not a conspiracy theorist, or political of course.  She and her family are definitely pro Trump types, anti vaccine, "covid is just the flu", the whole line.  

Recently there is talk of a childrens vaccine and trials.  Well we had the news playing most of the day yesterday, and they were talking about a new variant that is affecting younger people.  It is supposedly more contagious and more deadly.  My wife makes the comment "Great, just in time for the childrens vaccine, how convenient...".  

That kinda hit me, wow, that is pretty convenient.   For what though?  Im just not gonna waste my time worrying about it.  And i had my first shot last week.  And so did she btw (HCW)!

The virus came first. If it affects children, they might need to be vaccinated. There is no conspiracy.

What is more, new variants will pop up. Hopefully, the medical field will be able to keep up.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

My mother just received her one-jab Johnson & Johnson vaccine today.  I'll let you know of any ill effects.  I'm very happy for her - she will be 85 next month and has had respiratory issues for several years.  I hope this will keep her a bit more safe and healthy. ❤️ 

21 minutes ago, Hope said:

My mother just received her one-jab Johnson & Johnson vaccine today.  I'll let you know of any ill effects.  I'm very happy for her - she will be 85 next month and has had respiratory issues for several years.  I hope this will keep her a bit more safe and healthy. ❤️ 

Hi, I know you are a regular poster, please keep us posted how your mum is doing.  Ive not been following the various vaccines, is the J&J only one shot.  When do they recommend the autumn booster?

Edited by sunshine

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

The virus came first. If it affects children, they might need to be vaccinated. There is no conspiracy.

What is more, new variants will pop up. Hopefully, the medical field will be able to keep up.

The US drug company Moderna has begun studying its Covid-19 vaccine in children aged six months to 11 years old.  Moderna is the first US manufacturer to test its vaccine on infants.

READ more

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56422415

I get my second round of moderna this Friday the 9th.

Also, looking at the confirmed cases for the U P of Michigan, Alger county, Ross’ and my county is UP to 291 cases. 😳

From a few weeks of leveling off it seems, Michigan’s numbers have been really increasing. 

For our county, it isn’t even terrorist, er, I mean tourist season yet. 😳

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The US drug company Moderna has begun studying its Covid-19 vaccine in children aged six months to 11 years old.  Moderna is the first US manufacturer to test its vaccine on infants.

READ more
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56422415

True, but what I’m saying is that the virus came first. We know that the virus does infect children. They carry it, and s9me have become seriously ill. It is the nature of this type of viruses to find new ways to infect people. The medical community must try to stay on top.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

True, but what I’m saying is that the virus came first. We know that the virus does infect children. They carry it, and some have become seriously ill. It is the nature of this type of viruses to find new ways to infect people. The medical community must try to stay on top.

I believe the UK is already preparing for the autumn booster.  It seems reasonable to conclude that everyone (every man woman, child and baby on earth) will be dependent on medication from now on;  with us all having to have at least 2 series of jabs a year (like the flu vaccines) "forever" meaning: until Jehovah calls the whole thing to an end

I think we can be confident the pharmaceutical industry will stay ahead of things and be up to the task.  The world leaders have formally pledged billions in this regard and promised noone will be left behind . From what we have seen so far ("operation moonshot" and the like) big pharma can (and intends to)  inject us all regardless of whether we have antibodies or not   every 6 months.  I dont think we need fear they will run out of money, change their minds or back down.

I cannot help but feel they will declare "peace and security" when their declared the war on this  pandemic is finally pronounced "over".  By that time life will have been reset in the "new normal" and the world will be free to get back to eating  drinking and marrying.  On this, time will tell...

Edited by sunshine

On 4/5/2021 at 6:12 AM, rolypoly said:

There was always going to be a vaccine for children at some point, with or without another variant. If anything it is a coincidence in good timing. 

Just wanted to mention some breaking news:

The Grand Chamber of ECHR , on a 16 to 1 vote, has ruled that a democratic society (ie; those with civil liberties) can compel vaccinations of minors against childhood diseases.

This was their ruling on a case originating in Czechoslovakia a few years ago. The ruling was just released and is thought to be enforceable in the current pandemic situation. 

In other words, Europe's highest court may have given the go-ahead for compulsory covid vaccinations.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:23 AM, sunshine said:

I cannot help but feel they will declare "peace and security" when their declared the war on this  pandemic is finally pronounced "over".  By that time life will have been reset in the "new normal" and the world will be free to get back to eating  drinking and marrying.  On this, time will tell...

yep, my feelings too... but time will tell.

Im positive that as long as pandemic goes on, there will be no peace and security, and no BTG down.

On 4/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, califlorican said:

There was always going to be a vaccine for children at some point, with or without another variant. If anything it is a coincidence in good timing. 

Yes i understand that.  What i mean is, now that the childrens vaccine is on the way, all of sudden, the sky is falling, kids are catching it easier and its worse.   Yeah i realize it can be coincidence or just natural, but to someone like her, its a good time to start hyping it up....

On 4/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, Doug said:

In other words, Europe's highest court may have given the go-ahead for compulsory covid vaccinations.

Vaccinations will be compulsory, of that I have been confianced from the go get, its just a matter of time.   The YELLOW card, VEARS reports are horrific, the thousands that have already been reported to have died following taking the various vaccines are of course the tip of the iceberg (10% they say).  The reports are absoluletly harrowing...

May Jehovah help us all!

Edited by sunshine