JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

17 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What make more sense is that if I want stay home and overload on chocolate, I just stay home and listen to the meeting on zoom.

Nice put brother Glen! stay safe and eat lots of chocolate! I like the way you think :D

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Really? 45% of the population?  That's a lot better than I expected. That's about the total average for the US. 

Still not that 70% they are shooting for, but it's a start 

Now with delta variant dominant it’s necessary about 90% people imune 😳 to stop pandemic 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Really? 45% of the population? 

It's only the first shot though. 

From what's happening here in Australia, we mostly have the Astra Zeneca vaccinations, with Pfizer only just beginning to be administered to under 60s.  AstraZeneca vaccine reduces the risk of infection against the Delta variant by just 30 percent.  In comparison, two doses give significantly stronger protection, reducing the risk of infection by 67 percent and the risk of hospitalisation by 92 percent. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/atagi-urges-residents-in-covid-19-outbreak-areas-to-bring-forward-astrazeneca-shots 

Statistics have to be taken into context.

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Really? 45% of the population? 

It's only the first shot though. 

Yes

I tell you what! I’m kind of over it, everything, social distancing, mask, vaccines.

As of the present moment I live in NSW Australia, and the there’s a delta variant outbreak in Sydney the premier has announced a stay at home lockdown which means you are only aloud to travel in 10 km radius. I’m finding this lockdown most annoying because we always like to take our kids to a certain area that’s 17 km to go for bike rides, walks along the beaches and nice scenery, but now it’s forbidden by law to travel outside 10k. There is no COVID cases in my area, The Covid cases are 80km away. Yet I’m finding it so hard to stay neutral. I’m mean why doesn’t the government just block off a certain area instead of making everyone lose work, income, and business.

But this is where I need to stay neutral instead of getting annoyed at the ineptness of the government.

Just my small world problems in a global  pandemic, so insignificant compared to everyone else. Soo over it, please let the kingdom come sooner then later. 

1 hour ago, Godskingdomrules said:

why doesn’t the government just block off a certain area instead of making everyone lose work, income, and business.

Because not everyone who is a carrier stays in those areas. Small town Ontario just north of us has one of the worst rate of delta infections in the province - a hot zone, whereas a few weeks ago they were among the lowest.

Grey-Bruce county and Kitchener-Waterloo have higher rates than Toronto and TO has 25% of population for province.

Edited by pnutts

added point.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

3 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

why doesn’t the government just block off a certain area instead of making everyone lose work, income, and business.

My friend in Nova Scotia told me that there was around 3 folks with Covid in his area. Then some folks from elsewhere in Canada decided to ignore instructions and went to visit family in his area. Within a couple of weeks there was near 100 cases all due to that couple ignoring the instructions. 
Crazy. 

This is where we are being tested.  Because of inconvenience to us our family and friends we want what we want now.  The drama of Noah was done for our instruction.

We are all tired and fatigued but, I rather be indoors and alive then go out and just for a moment of pleasure lose my life or those of family and friends.

We are all in this together.  If this be the only test then bring it on.  We could be along side our brothers in Russia.  We could be in Venezuela where the friends not only are going through the pandemic but there is famine going on. 

We can be in Africa fleeing for our lives because of strife AND Covid.

We could be in Cuba.  The island is in an uproar.  Many will die.  But, I know that our Cuban friends are humble and obedient.

This might be our "inner chambers" that Isaiah was prophesied to write. 

It might come down to this until the NW.  We just don't know.  Let's just obey for the sake of our lives and those of our friends and neighbors.

One of my bosses made a mandatory meeting next Friday, all staff, for 3 hours. You should have seen the comments in the group text. People were livid and most opted out. They don't learn.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, cme said:

This might be our "inner chambers" that Isaiah was prophesied to write. 

It might come down to this until the NW.  We just don't know.  Let's just obey for the sake of our lives and those of our friends and neighbors

Exactly!

we must obey GB instructions

and follow their example

they follow the government rules and sanitary authorities

because lives are at stake

Because this may only end at GT

because we can only SURVIVE if we are obedient  

Edited by Sofia

9 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

I tell you what! I’m kind of over it, everything, social distancing, mask, vaccines.

As of the present moment I live in NSW Australia, and the there’s a delta variant outbreak in Sydney the premier has announced a stay at home lockdown which means you are only aloud to travel in 10 km radius. I’m finding this lockdown most annoying because we always like to take our kids to a certain area that’s 17 km to go for bike rides, walks along the beaches and nice scenery, but now it’s forbidden by law to travel outside 10k. There is no COVID cases in my area, The Covid cases are 80km away. Yet I’m finding it so hard to stay neutral. I’m mean why doesn’t the government just block off a certain area instead of making everyone lose work, income, and business.

But this is where I need to stay neutral instead of getting annoyed at the ineptness of the government.

Just my small world problems in a global  pandemic, so insignificant compared to everyone else. Soo over it, please let the kingdom come sooner then later. 

I totally understand how it’s such an inconvenience. Our lockdown in Perth had a 5 km radius, so not really that much you can do. In any case, this time the delta strain has spread to regional areas because that painter from the red zone went to Goulburn, and looks like a few other towns along the way. He ended up being positive. 

The virus has also spread to Melbourne, again copping it. They’ve been in lockdown 4 times now. Just a removalist doing his job, but again from Sydney hotspot. And spreading the virus because he wasn’t wearing a mask in the apartment building(!!!).

Keep enduring, please stay safe. Hoping it turns the corner soon 🌹

10 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Exactly!

we must obey GB instructions

and follow their example

they follow the government rules and sanitary authorities

because lives are at stake

Because this may only end at GT

because we can only SURVIVE if we are obedient  

I think we have to understand that many of friends died, yet they follow GB instructions. We need to look at the circumstances that our friends goes through as individual, family, and local wise. I do not think interior rooms or inner chambers has anything to do with this. We need to understand what our friends are going through as individuals. Their circumstance ore different than ours and they are serving Jehovah like all of us.

Edited by Dustparticle

Most friends died at the beginning of the Pandemic.  We did not yet know of it and some were caught in the midst of it.   Others were not sure how it was being transmitted until we heard it on the news and the GB gave us clear directions on how to handle it.

One brother went to put gas in his car and he touched the pump and it was contaminated already by someone that had it.  He caught the Corona Virus just by touching the pump.

This was all in the beginning stages.  It swept through swiftly and quickly catching most  people off guard.

The Isrealites in Egypt were indoors when the plagues struck.

Right now our homes is our protection.  We don't know how Jehovah will save us but, save us he will!  As long as we are obedient and loyal.

My daughter caught it in early March of 2020 at the beginning stages when the pandemic started here in New York.  She caught it at her job.  Almost lost her, but she was able to surpassed it and survived.

At the current rate, we will be locked down indefinitely. COVID is not going away, and there is no guarantee these vaccines are going to work like they claim. I'm hearing more and more about breakthrough cases. I don't know what people expect, but I surely hope this either ends or the new world comes very very soon. This is miserable way to exist. I can see it even on the friends faces. They're tired. 

MIS-C is something to watch as it effects children.

CDC is investigating multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children and adults, a rare but serious condition associated with COVID-19.

https://www.cdc.gov/mis/index.html

If there is a shortage of antibiotics this could prove deadly.

Edited by sunshine

5 hours ago, runner92 said:

At the current rate, we will be locked down indefinitely. COVID is not going away, and there is no guarantee these vaccines are going to work like they claim. I'm hearing more and more about breakthrough cases. I don't know what people expect, but I surely hope this either ends or the new world comes very very soon. This is miserable way to exist. I can see it even on the friends faces. They're tired. 

My feeling too

thank you for your opinion

i agree

its quite a possibility 

4 hours ago, sunshine said:

MIS-C is something to watch as it effects children.

CDC is investigating multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children and adults, a rare but serious condition associated with COVID-19.

https://www.cdc.gov/mis/index.html

If there is a shortage of antibiotics this could prove deadly.

The unique furin cleavage at the spike protein has homology to the streptococcus beta+ toxin

therefore it mimics its effect

thats the reason behind MIS -C

this coronavirus is dangerous

and that furin cleavage site doesn’t exist in nature nor at the previous sars

its origin is a mistery

but it helps the virus to adjust the cell better and destroy it

19 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

As of the present moment I live in NSW Australia, and the there’s a delta variant outbreak in Sydney the premier has announced a stay at home lockdown which means you are only aloud to travel in 10 km radius. I’m finding this lockdown most annoying because we always like to take our kids to a certain area that’s 17 km to go for bike rides, walks along the beaches and nice scenery, but now it’s forbidden by law to travel outside 10k.

Just think about it, Melbourne is entering snap 5 day lockdown today with 5km limit, and our cases are nothing of your huge numbers. 

Also it's better to be "annoyed" and put up with restrictions.. with the smile on our face, then seeing someone dying in the hospital due to Covid. 

I view restrictions and lockdowns as opportunity to do phone witnessing, and giving others hope that they desperately need at the moment. :) The bigger picture of the Kingdom arrangement gives me strength to carry on. 

Critical times indeed. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, runner92 said:

Before cdc claimed vaccines couldn’t stop transmission 

now they don’t say that anymore according to the latest data regarding the mass vaccination around the world 

im confident knowing coronavirus as I do for years that vaccines will continue to work

lets be patient and do our best to prevent being ill

2CAA8AD6-C46D-46FD-BC34-D91E18894531.jpeg

10 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

view restrictions and lockdowns as opportunity to do phone witnessing, and giving others hope that they desperately need at the moment

Of course!! I can see that too