JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Additionally, I just viewed a report from MSNBC about the Texan democrats who went (or fled) to Washington DC on either planes or buses, a few of them had covid-19 although they say the whole group was fully vaccinated.

More breakthrough cases.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

13 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-57830617.amp

Has this been posted yet? 

HMS QE ship has covid among its vaccinated personnel. 

7 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Additionally, I just viewed a report from MSNBC about the Texan democrats who went (or fled) to Washington DC on either planes or buses, a few of them had covid-19 although they say the whole group was fully vaccinated.

More breakthrough cases.

Is this big news ?

We have known from the very first that some who have been vacinated will still get covid.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Is this big news ?

We have known from the very first that some who have been vacinated will still get covid.

I don't or wouldn't call it big news. Just a recent report. Probably the delta or delta plus variant.

MSNBC report said that 3 among the 50 were tested positive from what I just seen.

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Now the PM and chancellor are self-isolating.  Quote from the BBC News website

The political symbolism is also highly significant. Three senior government ministers will be in isolation on the day almost all legal restrictions are lifted in England.

Can't help but laugh at rule by man.  Bring on Kingdom Rule.

he 1918 flu pandemic was so deadly as a direct result of the appalling living conditions at this tragic time. The trenches would have been the perfect breeding grounds for infections among the World War One soldiers. Patrick Saunders-Hastings at Carleton University in Ottawa says  “The virus emerged when populations, which previously had little contact with each other, were brought together on the battlefield,”   “And on a lot of cases they were dealing with other injuries and they were under-nourished.” Vitamin B deficiencies, in particular, have been noted to increase mortality rates in later pandemics, he says.

Those left at home were still living in closed, crowded conditions that led to greater exposure to the virus. This not only accelerated transmission, increasing the chances that people would become infected; it also increased the severity of the symptoms.   It is well understood that improved sanitation and hygiene, associated with industrialisation and general reductions in poverty, have contributed significantly to overall reductions in infectious disease mortality in the 20th Century.

Analysing records from Chicago during the 1918 pandemic shows factors such as population density and unemployment directly influenced someone’s chance of catching the disease.

1 hour ago, Naturale said:

he 1918 flu pandemic was so deadly as a direct result of the appalling living conditions at this tragic time. The trenches would have been the perfect breeding grounds for infections among the World War One soldiers. Patrick Saunders-Hastings at Carleton University in Ottawa says  “The virus emerged when populations, which previously had little contact with each other, were brought together on the battlefield,”   “And on a lot of cases they were dealing with other injuries and they were under-nourished.” Vitamin B deficiencies, in particular, have been noted to increase mortality rates in later pandemics, he says.

Those left at home were still living in closed, crowded conditions that led to greater exposure to the virus. This not only accelerated transmission, increasing the chances that people would become infected; it also increased the severity of the symptoms.   It is well understood that improved sanitation and hygiene, associated with industrialisation and general reductions in poverty, have contributed significantly to overall reductions in infectious disease mortality in the 20th Century.

Analysing records from Chicago during the 1918 pandemic shows factors such as population density and unemployment directly influenced someone’s chance of catching the disease.

I can't help but agree with you history summation but, sorry, but I don't get your point. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

16 minutes ago, Old said:

I can't help but agree with you history summation but, sorry, but I don't get your point. 

It was with regard to this, explaining it further. 

Vaccines don’t end pandemics.

The Spanish flu epidemic, which stretched over four years, didn’t end with a vaccine. (At the time most health officials had no idea even what a virus was.) Instead, that pandemic only petered out when the virus evolved from a novel killer to just another benign flu-maker.
Pandemics end when the pathogen or its environment changes or when people successfully change their behaviours or immune systems.

Andrew Nikiforuk 
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/11/26/Putting-Vaccine-Buzz-Perspective/

A young sister from Michigan (mother is in our congregation) went Myanmar a little over 2 years ago. She was at our meeting this morning. She explained that the virus is on the rampage there because they don’t have any vaccine there. 

also of course the violence there is unrelenting. 

It was great having someone who could give an update from the other side of the world. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

A young sister from Michigan (mother is in our congregation) went Myanmar a little over 2 years ago. She was at our meeting this morning. She explained that the virus is on the rampage there because they don’t have any vaccine there. 

also of course the violence there is unrelenting. 

It was great having someone who could give an update from the other side of the world. 

Yes my sister lives in Myanmar and she told me the same. They are in full lockdown again and many are dying as they’ve ran out of oxygen! 
My brother in law said two of his Bible students have died due to no oxygen in any hospitals. 😟 very sad. 

Just now, Jothob said:

Yes my sister lives in Myanmar and she told me the same. They are in full lockdown again and many are dying as they’ve ran out of oxygen! 
My brother in law said two of his Bible students have died due to no oxygen in any hospitals. 😟 very sad. 

She also said they are not giving the vaccine to any foreigners right now. The few vaccines they have are going to the locals first! 
The branch out there is doing all they can to get the vaccine to our brothers and sisters over there.

3 hours ago, Naturale said:

The Spanish flu epidemic, which stretched over four years, didn’t end with a vaccine. (At the time most health officials had no idea even what a virus was.) Instead, that pandemic only petered out when the virus evolved from a novel killer to just another benign flu-maker.
Pandemics end when the pathogen or its environment changes or when people successfully change their behaviours or immune systems.

Andrew Nikiforuk 

To echo Jerry, I don't get your point.  As we already discussed, there was no vaccine available to end the Spanish Flu.  

Today's situation is totally different.  There is a vaccine available.  We are seeing how effective this vaccine is in combating this virus.  

So, what is the point you are attempting to make?

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

To echo Jerry, I don't get your point.  As we already discussed, there was no vaccine available to end the Spanish Flu.  

Today's situation is totally different.  There is a vaccine available.  We are seeing how effective this vaccine is in combating this virus.  

So, what is the point you are attempting to make?

Through the years I come to find out regarding ones background, they express things differently and can be easy misunderstood. It will always be like this even a billion years from now too. Thank Jehovah we are all different. 

45 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Yes vaccines do not end the pandemic , but vaccines do not let you die because of the pandemic , we know that what will end the pandemic is the Kingdom of God 

While I understand your sentiment, pandemics do end without divine intervention.  Otherwise we all would still be dying of the Black Death. 

6 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Embora eu entenda seu sentimento, as pandemias acabam sem intervenção divina. Caso contrário, todos nós ainda estaríamos morrendo da Peste Negra. 

but this one from covid19 will only end with the Kingdom of God 

8 hours ago, Naturale said:

Andrew Nikiforuk 

I believe that vaccines often do successfully change our immune systems, by helping us build antibodies to fight against or lessen the effects of germs & viruses. 

1 hour ago, Jonadab said:

but this one from covid19 will only end with the Kingdom of God 

Oh Daniel, I'm sorry but I don't agree. If it does then I'll be happy to be wrong but I don't believe that covid is the end. It may contribute to the end but hey, let's just wait on Jehovah. He's the only one who really knows. Until then let's just keep busy with letters and calls, waiting till Jehovah says it's time.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

12 minutos atrás, bagwell1987 disse:

Ai Daniel, sinto muito, mas não concordo. Se isso acontecer, ficarei feliz em estar errado, mas não acredito que a cobiça seja o fim. Pode contribuir para o fim, mas vamos esperar em Jeová. Ele é o único que realmente sabe. Até lá, vamos nos manter ocupados com cartas e telefonemas, esperando até que Jeová diga que é a hora.

I understand but I prefer to believe that it is the last pandemic , I have lost many dear ones , friends , brothers , family members . what keeps us on our feet is looking with faith, that what we expect will arrive! I know they are signs , but hopefully it 's the last I mean the pandemic with all this killing . 

10 hours ago, Naturale said:

he 1918 flu pandemic was so deadly as a direct result of the appalling living conditions at this tragic time.

Yes the Spanish flu went away, so did the black plague, so what is the point you are making?

3 hours ago, Jonadab said:

Yes vaccines do not end the pandemic , but vaccines do not let you die because of the pandemic , we know that what will end the pandemic is the Kingdom of God 

So you know that vaccines will not end the pandemic?

You have a good source for this point of view?