JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

3 hours ago, On the huh said:

The August announcements and reminders says that Bethel and special full time servants are still in lockdown until November 1st.  No mention of restrictions lifted for those vaccinated. Rather we should keep them in our prayers.

This may be just for the Britain branch.

We received the same announcement, which said all branch offices. 

I think we're misunderstanding each other.  Yes, Bethel locations are still closed to the public.  However, as we have seen in the most recent announcements and updates, restrictions have loosened.  Fully vaccinated special full time servants have a little more freedom.  For example, we saw that the Governing Body are now meeting together in-person, the dining facilities are open at least at WHQ and US Bethel and those Bethelites are now taking meals together again.  Vaccinated special full-time servants in the United States at least are no longer required to stay completely in their home isolated from the entire rest of the world.

We even had 2 special full time servants come back home this last week and visit her elderly mother for a week.  

When you combine the wording in the announcement to the US Branch dated June 4, 2021 with the most recent GB update on JW Broadcasting, we see that some restrictions have relaxed.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

We even had 2 special full time servants come back home this last week and visit her elderly mother for a week.  

This seems like the announcement that my local elder made to the morning fsg meeting 2 Tuesdays ago that this was permitted. He has some whq /USA bethel connections. 

Nice for them to see in person some family.

Edited by AH173

Correction

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

This is the announcement in full

Recently, the Governing Body directed all branch offices and special full-time servants to maintain various safety precautions. In many cases, this means that Bethel facilities will remain on lockdown and special full-time servants will continue to shelter in place until at least November 1, 2021. Where local circumstances permit, some restrictions may be eased before November 1, 2021. These precautions reflect the sanctity of life, protect the Kingdom work, and ensure adequate support of brothers worldwide. We appreciate the sacrifices that special full-time servants and their families are making to support these arrangements. Please continue to keep these loyal ones in your prayers.

Key phase here seems to be "where local circumstances permit ... "  US Branches have one circumstance, other branches have another.  But in general, all branches are in lockdown.

I heard if someone had to leave the Britain branch bethel for any reason, when they return they had to isolated for 2 weeks.

I heard the us branch encouraged bethalites to take their vacation time now and visit family and friends in case of another lockdown coming. A friends family in Florida is hosting several who are going down to visit.  

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I heard the us branch encouraged bethalites to take their vacation time now and visit family and friends in case of another lockdown coming. A friends family in Florida is hosting several who are going down to visit.  

Oh yes, another lockdown is DEFINITELY coming.....September 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

“The next variant is just around the corner, if we do not all get vaccinated,”

“I just beg the American people to understand that to defeat this virus, we have to get everybody’s level of immunity up, and that’s just the way it is,” he added.

Currently, only about 49.8% of the population is fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And with so many still lacking adequate protection, cases are on the rise.

In the coming weeks, surges will likely reach all across the US, not just areas with low vaccination rates, former CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden said Wednesday. The outbreaks, however, will not be as explosive in areas with higher vaccination coverage, Frieden added.

Just now, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

“The next variant is just around the corner, if we do not all get vaccinated,”

“I just beg the American people to understand that to defeat this virus, we have to get everybody’s level of immunity up, and that’s just the way it is,” he added.

Currently, only about 49.8% of the population is fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And with so many still lacking adequate protection, cases are on the rise.

In the coming weeks, surges will likely reach all across the US, not just areas with low vaccination rates, former CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden said Wednesday. The outbreaks, however, will not be as explosive in areas with higher vaccination coverage, Frieden added.

I hear the same thing. Sad.

How do I find information about the vaccine and children? I have a 15 year old son and I'm wondering whether he should get it?

The only option he would have is the Pfizer one I think. Are there any reported side effects that are especially bad in young males? I remember reading something about that but can't find it. 

I'll Google it and try to find information, but I thought maybe someone already knows where to point me. 

3 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

How do I find information about the vaccine and children? I have a 15 year old son and I'm wondering whether he should get it?

The only option he would have is the Pfizer one I think. Are there any reported side effects that are especially bad in young males? I remember reading something about that but can't find it. 

I'll Google it and try to find information, but I thought maybe someone already knows where to point me. 

You may want to start at:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/adolescents.html

Edited by Bob

54 minutes ago, Bob said:

Thank you. 

Making the decision for my kids is so much harder than making it for myself. I'm ok with living with the consequences of my decision. But making the wrong decision for my kids and them suffering for it is a horrible thought!

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/13-year-old-brampton-ont-girl-who-died-of-covid-19-passed-away-same-day-she-was-taken-to-hospital-1.5402183

The woman who had a 13 year old that died probably wished that she would have acted sooner, of course the girl did have a pre existing condition,

34 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

Thank you. 

Making the decision for my kids is so much harder than making it for myself. I'm ok with living with the consequences of my decision. But making the wrong decision for my kids and them suffering for it is a horrible thought!

Oh I surely understand that. You’re very welcome!

Edited by Bob

6 hours ago, blue-jay said:

Here is an article by Singapore's ministry of health.

By Aug 9 (Singapore's national day) there should be 300,000 school children to university students fully vaccinated. By now all 300,000 would have gotten their 1st shot.

Hope this helps you in your decision.:D

Regarding the delta strain spreading in Sydney:

109,547 tests done yesterday

291 new cases, so one in 376 people tested had covid

Currently there are 304 patients in hospital

50 in intensive care

22 on ventilators

Out of these 44 not vaccinated at all, 4 have first dose of AZ, 2 have first dose of Pfizer.

Three states are now in lockdown - the whole of the east coast bar Tasmania, with Victoria going into its 6th lockdown 😩 (@new world explorer and others in Victoria stay safe!)

So far 22 people have died, the youngest in his 20s.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-06/nsw-records-291-new-covid-19-cases/100355100

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Why worry in advance…🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Mat.6:34

Good point and good scripture too. Yet, there is nothing wrong to know it is going to rain the next day or not. We have brains to determine what might happen the nest day or further in order to prepare. Scary times sis.

9 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Why worry in advance…🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Mat.6:34

Ha. 

As governing body members have said in the past :

Cheer up, it's going to get worse. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible