JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I have ME aka CFS that horrid US term. If you have ME you will develop heart problems plus maybe diabetes.

Before I had the heart showing up my blood pressure was 100/60 but since my 1st heart attack it has been slightly high.125 to 135 over 75 to 85.

ME has a lot of muscle pain which keeps blood sugar higher.

Lower blood volume isn't good either leads to blockages.

I am stage 4 which mostly look fine, just can't do much.

Just waiting on Jehovah. Same as everyone else.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

19 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Has such low O2 levels and low pulse rate been normal all your life? Or is it due to some illness.

Due to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis aka CFS in the US caused low blood volumes and low blood pressure which in turn caused heart problem ( blockages leading to several heart attacks - 1st was a total arrest ).

After 1st heart attack I noticed my at rest heart rate was below 60 quite often below 50. Blood pressure actually went up some to mid range after 1st heart attack.

I have had this illness manifesting itself since Thursday Feb 12/04. Yes you do know the day.

Here is link for Official 2003 Canadian ME/CFS Diagnostic/Treatment protocol. Needs updating.

http://www.mefmaction.com/index.php?view=article&catid=66%3Aconsensus&id=215%3Aconsensus-documents&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=262

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

On 9/25/2021 at 10:57 PM, WilliamChew said:

Could this be due to a persons oxygen levels dropping below normal without even being short of breath?

That could be why every household in Singapore was given an oximeter to make sure our oxygen levels do not drop below 95%.

Yes, I think it’s been the case.  

Across Sydney and Melbourne, 38 people with COVID have died at home 

In both cities, the victims were largely from non-English speaking and migrant backgrounds

Just over half of those who died at home in Sydney were only diagnosed with COVID-19 post-mortem

One doctor said:

“A lot of people wanted to stay home because they knew if they go to hospital they will be on their own, they wouldn't have any support persons," 

"In the best of times, hospitals are a scary place. And in the COVID time, it's even scarier, it's lonely. And people don't want to go through that on their own.

"And maybe [another reason is] because they underestimate the degree of sickness."

He said patients can deteriorate quickly at home and it was a "tragedy" so many died before making it to the hospital.

"They transformed from one day that they are managing OK, but they're a little bit tired and have a bit of a cough, slight headache, sweating," he said. 

"And within hours, that level of oxygen drops."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-27/australians-dying-at-home-with-covid-19-sydney-melbourne/100482978

What happens when you're hospitalised with COVID-19 in Australia.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/what-happens-when-you-re-hospitalised-with-covid-19-in-australia/66fcfe64-68da-4c6c-98bf-24890214aa7e

I think it’s handy to know what to expect for us in Australia who are facing this virus really for the first time unrestrained in the community. Best to be prepared. 

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

What happens when you're hospitalised with COVID-19 in Australia.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/what-happens-when-you-re-hospitalised-with-covid-19-in-australia/66fcfe64-68da-4c6c-98bf-24890214aa7e

I think it’s handy to know what to expect for us in Australia who are facing this virus really for the first time unrestrained in the community. Best to be prepared. 

Interesting to see the treatment given::thumbsup:

"Within the first five days of having symptoms, people who don’t require oxygen but have important risk factors for developing severe disease may receive a drug called sotrovimab.

Sotrovimab is administered by an infusion into a vein, usually during a brief visit to hospital. Studies suggest that in people at high risk of developing severe symptoms, sotrovimab probably reduces the risk of needing to stay in hospital.

What happens if my symptoms get worse?
If the clinical staff detect effects of the infection in your lungs, low oxygen levels or other signs of severe infection, you’ll stay in hospital and probably be given oxygen.

If this is the case, you’ll also be given dexamethasone, an anti-inflammatory medicine which reduces the risk of dying from COVID.

But some patients develop more severe disease.

In these patients one of two medicines — tocilizumab or bariticinib — which dampen the inflammation and decrease the risk of dying may be prescribed.

An antiviral medicine called remdesivir may also be offered.

21 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Possibly why the JW.org homepage changed to our vaccination stance! emoji15.png

maybe i misunderstand your comment, but the stance as regards to vaccination has not changed since the beginning of the pandemie:

"Jehovah’s Witnesses are not opposed to vaccination. We view vaccination as a personal decision for each Christian to make."

1 hour ago, Katina Gupta said:

maybe i misunderstand your comment, but the stance as regards to vaccination has not changed since the beginning of the pandemie:

"Jehovah’s Witnesses are not opposed to vaccination. We view vaccination as a personal decision for each Christian to make."

I believe you misunderstood. He was saying that,possibly in response to the NY Post article, JW.org front page was changed to highlight the article that explains our vaccine stance. 

This whole issue of vaccinations will eventually come down to our stand before Caesar .. if Caesar demands then we cannot use religious convictions as a reason for non-compliance.

We will just have to take whatever the repercussions come from that coarse of action… and not view it as religious persecution.
That is of coarse, depending on whatever the Caesar in our local, demands of us.. 

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

From the mayor of NYC:

De Blasio said Thursday that only Christian Scientists and Jehovah’s Witnesses have any prayer for a religious exemption based on their established opposition to vaccines.

The mayor is incorrect thus it was timely the branch updated the website over the weekend.

Agape

From the mayor of NYC:

De Blasio said Thursday that only Christian Scientists and Jehovah’s Witnesses have any prayer for a religious exemption based on their established opposition to vaccines.

The mayor is incorrect thus it was timely the branch updated the website over the weekend.

Agape

Righting the wrong

De Blasio corrects vaccination stance of JWs9f1c70671888896cd053d231f7fd27de.png

Will try to load video clip outside Tapatalk

Agape

5 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

^ that's awesome that he corrects himself and states the facts that Jehovah's Witnesses are in fact in favor of the vaccines.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

From media:

1444C85C-D539-4D71-97AD-1D81A2914E3D.jpeg

Which wouldn't be all that abnormal. We already get annual flu vaccines.

I could see annual coronavirus vaccines for several years, but then I think the need for them in general will end. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

2 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I could see annual coronavirus vaccines for several years,

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-19-pill-developers-aim-top-merck-pfizer-efforts-2021-09-28/

Yes, but maybe in a pill form - 

COVID-19 pill developers aim to top Merck, Pfizer efforts

I have always hoped that this is verified by scientists. 

My allergy Dr has always wanted me to take fluticasone to manage my situation for more than half my life. It also stops the slight ringing in my ears - I think it's called tinnitus. 

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/cleveland-clinic-studying-if-steroid-nasal-sprays-could-further-protect-against-covid/

I was given some hope with this article I saved a while ago about dexamethasone. 

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/inhaled-corticosteroids-a-rapid-review-of-the-evidence-for-treatment-or-prevention-of-covid-19/

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It all goes back to adam, eve and Satan. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 9/28/2021 at 8:57 PM, Lee49 said:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-19-pill-developers-aim-top-merck-pfizer-efforts-2021-09-28/

Yes, but maybe in a pill form - 

COVID-19 pill developers aim to top Merck, Pfizer efforts

This is more of something you take once you contract COVID. At least that's what I thought. 

25 minutes ago, runner92 said:

It's going to be quarterly shots. Just watch. 

Is it? I’ve not read anything like that. Some have felt it’s a conspiracy for pharmaceutical companies who are producing the vaccines to make money. But logically, we use the products of pharmaceutical companies everywhere. Would you have an operation without anaesthesia? Have you had a filling at the dentist? Maybe bought processed food from the supermarket or fast food place?

Pharmaceutical companies are part of the commercial system we live in. Keeping this thought in balance (neither wrong or right, because though they’ve been failures, they also make life easier and safer) will help us to “keep calm”.