JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Interesting reading:

" (...) religious exemptions have been experiencing a moment in the spotlight as a way of dodging vaccination mandates during this pandemic. Religious exemptions have emerged as a dangerous and easily exploited loophole in vaccination policy. It’s time to ban them."

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-10-07/religious-objections-vaccines

"The Christian legal aid group Liberty Counsel offers a templates of letters to send to employers or others mandating vaccination to claim a religious exemption."

"Some Catholics say their objection to the COVID-19 vaccines derives from the use of abortion-derived cell lines in their development or production. The Colorado Catholic Conference, the policy arm of that state’s bishops, even produced a sample letter making that very point, which adherents can present to their local pastor to sign."

Good to know the views of GB, placed sometimes at the frontpage of jw.org

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Apparently my community is having an issue with covid again. There's a solar powered sign set up on each end of the town to mask, distance and sanitize. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On the Wednesday count of numbers, for just 2 days, Alger county had 20 confirmed cases.

As a whole, just the U P of Michigan had 335 cases for Tuesday-Wednesday.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Singapore has revised its protocols for covid-19 cases in favor of ART testing and a simple set of 3 rules.

It was mentioned that because of the delta variants high viral load the use of ART (antigen rapid test) testing is now viable.

What's interesting is that close contacts of the infected need not quarantine for a long period but for only 1 day.

711614392_Covidtestprotocols.thumb.jpeg.05d1b2e307446ab223af452263d305cc.jpeg

COVID-19 deaths at lowest level in nearly a year, WHO reports

“Deaths are declining in every region except Europe, where several countries are facing fresh waves of cases and deaths.  And of course, deaths are highest in the countries and populations with the least access to vaccines.” 

Three countries - Burundi, Eritrea and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea - have yet to start vaccinations. 

Source: https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/10/1102952

image.png.72b90361735956c91d4c10ef1ce9102f.png

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

COVID-19 deaths at lowest level in nearly a year, WHO reports

“Deaths are declining in every region except Europe, where several countries are facing fresh waves of cases and deaths.  And of course, deaths are highest in the countries and populations with the least access to vaccines.” 

Three countries - Burundi, Eritrea and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea - have yet to start vaccinations. 

Source: https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/10/1102952

image.png.72b90361735956c91d4c10ef1ce9102f.png

I’m sure most people know it’s north korea.. which ain’t democratic at all , however you look at it lol

19 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I’m sure most people know it’s north korea.. which ain’t democratic at all , however you look at it lol

well said. I just quoted the official website :shrugs:

For a nation who likes to show off in first they come in last in a matter of covid vaccinations 😕 

...and...when all indicated a major drop, the worldwide cases are rising again. seems like a new wave is comming? or just a "plateau" being formed?  Time will tell. Keeping on the watch. Portugal is ahead in vaccinations but experiencing everyday new cases among elderly VACCINATED people :( :( 

image.png.2e36f7d6b3ebb918a87c1241372817b2.png

Edited by Sofia

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

...and...when all indicated a major drop, the worldwide cases are rising again. seems like a new wave is comming? or just a "plateau" being formed?  Time will tell. Keeping on the watch. Portugal is ahead in vaccinations but experiencing everyday new cases among elderly VACCINATED people :( :( 

image.png.2e36f7d6b3ebb918a87c1241372817b2.png

I noticed it too for the last couple of months. It is like a roller coaster. It goes up and down all the time. That is why it will be hard to open the halls now. 

On 10/7/2021 at 3:33 PM, Sofia said:

Interesting reading:

" (...) religious exemptions have been experiencing a moment in the spotlight as a way of dodging vaccination mandates during this pandemic. Religious exemptions have emerged as a dangerous and easily exploited loophole in vaccination policy. It’s time to ban them."

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-10-07/religious-objections-vaccines

"The Christian legal aid group Liberty Counsel offers a templates of letters to send to employers or others mandating vaccination to claim a religious exemption."

"Some Catholics say their objection to the COVID-19 vaccines derives from the use of abortion-derived cell lines in their development or production. The Colorado Catholic Conference, the policy arm of that state’s bishops, even produced a sample letter making that very point, which adherents can present to their local pastor to sign."

Good to know the views of GB, placed sometimes at the frontpage of jw.org

It is good to note that no vaccine contains fetal tissue or cells but fetal cells from a few abortions that happened decades ago have been used to develop some vaccines.

Vaccine Ingredients – Fetal Cells | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (chop.edu)

Edited by JW2017

Yes Washington state quickly followed Oregon. I'm a state and federal worker and vaccinating is required. Then they tell us not to carry our card but store it in a safe place but be ready to show it 🙄🤔

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I got this and put it in my Apple wallet 

https://gogetdoc.com/vaxyes

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

23 hours ago, Dages said:

I just took a picture of my QR code and saved it in Google Photos. Then I simply show the picture to the scanning people in shops, malls and so on.

We have government-developed health app that stores QR code (and other info). 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

34 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Here is some more grim news: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58973697

The Covid pandemic will "go on for a year longer than it needs to" because poorer countries are not getting the vaccines they need, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

Dr Bruce Aylward, senior leader at the WHO, said it meant the Covid crisis could "easily drag on deep into 2022".

Less than 5% of Africa's population have been vaccinated, compared to 40% on most other continents.

It's like we need one world government to handle this stuff, eh?  :wink:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

37 minutes ago, trottigy said:

It's like we need one world government to handle this stuff, eh?  :wink:

Definatly so.

Meanwhile it gives us more time to preach the good news, make disciples, to find the last wandering sheep in this World. Today one of my Bible students said "oh boy, there´s still so much to do, so many people to teach, so many disciples to make yet" and she´s only on lesson 19th ...

Wise students make us wonder right? We gotta do our best to teach before it´s too late for them. 

Edited by Sofia