JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

John 13:35

“by this all will know that you are my disciples- if you have LOVE among yourselves”

Love is/will be a defining characteristic of being Jesus follower.

(Whether I’m vaccinated or not / you are vaccinated or not has no bearing on my love for you.)

me and you are not the “solution”.

JESUS Is the solution.

this issue is becoming rather unfortunately more political now - let’s “back up the truck” so to speak, and agree that since God is not partial, then neither are we 😃

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext#coronavirus-linkback-header

an interesting article pertaining to vaccinated and unvaccinated. From the lancet. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

The hypocrisy of thought is so interesting.

They are making unvaccinated test weekly for corona virus... We all call covid....  But the vaccinated who also have corona virus don.t have too...

There.s not even lip service to natural immunity... If they truely were worried about accuracy of effort....

Not easy….

Germans will be 'vaccinated, cured or dead' in a few months, health minister warns as country mulls compulsory jabs and Austria wakes up to life in lockdown amid Europe's Covid crisis 

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10229445/amp/Europes-Covid-crisis-Austria-wakes-life-lockdown-Germany-debates-compulsory-jab.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 11/21/2021 at 11:18 AM, Jonadab said:

So I'm not saying this for myself, but what doctors here in the country reported on the news, that the unvaccinated represent the greatest threat of new variants!

But that's simply not logical. How can it only be the unvaccinated when the vaccinated also can carry the virus. Just because you're not feeling symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it. Viruses mutate regardless. 

The doctors are saying this simply as a tactic to get more people to take the vaccine. Regardless of viewpoint on the shots, let's at least just acknowledge what that talking point is for. 

54 minutes ago, runner92 said:

But that's simply not logical. How can it only be the unvaccinated when the vaccinated also can carry the virus. Just because you're not feeling symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it. Viruses mutate regardless. 

The doctors are saying this simply as a tactic to get more people to take the vaccine. Regardless of viewpoint on the shots, let's at least just acknowledge what that talking point is for. 

We need to keep in mind also that variants will actually decrease the strength of the virus. The virus wants to keep its host alive thus the longer it remains (and herd immunity) the weaker it gets so as to preserve its own existence.

2 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

We need to keep in mind also that variants will actually decrease the strength of the virus. The virus wants to keep its host alive thus the longer it remains (and herd immunity) the weaker it gets so as to preserve its own existence.

True. It's the nature of viruses. 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:18 AM, Jonadab said:

So I'm not saying this for myself, but what doctors here in the country reported on the news, that the unvaccinated represent the greatest threat of new variants!

That is not so, we where all unvaccinated when this virus was unleashed on  us, it is each individual own mindset as to what is best for them, I am not vaccinated because I feel that it has not been thoroughly tested.  When a new variant come out will there be a new vaccine?  That is my hold out but I am truly listening to Jehovah as well but it is each individuals own decision, we did not cause this.

5 hours ago, sis little said:

When a new variant come out will there be a new vaccine? 

They may modify it like the flu shot. Each year the annual flu shot is formulated more toward the specific flu variant they think will be most prevalent that season. 

Perhaps an annual covid booster might be similar with the specific year's booster designed for that year's expected most common variant. 

10 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

They may modify it like the flu shot. Each year the annual flu shot is formulated more toward the specific flu variant they think will be most prevalent that season. 

Perhaps an annual covid booster might be similar with the specific year's booster designed for that year's expected most common variant. 

exactly :)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

To show how polarizing this Vax, no Vax is.

Chapman's Ice Cream in rural Ontario does not have a Vax, no Vax mandate, however the province does.

About 85 workers were not vaccinated last week and company spends about $40 per week per employee for fast testing. Required for unvaxed employees .

Thus they decided to give the vaccinated the $1 hour raise to match what it costs them for unvaxed, too level the playing field.

An unvaxed employee took pictures of notices and sent them to an anti-vax group who is now boycotting Chapman's.  Plus lots of vile threats.

Most of Canada supports Chapman's. Has been on the news past 2 days.

Edited by pnutts

correct auto correct

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Well, this is what it´s true and so far what I can say about the new variant B1.1.529 (OMICRON):

This new variant is called Omicron and it has more than 50 mutations. There have been many examples of variants that have seemed scary on paper, but came to nothing. The Beta variant was at the top of people's concerns at the beginning of the year because it was the best at escaping the immune system. But in the end it was the faster-spreading Delta that took over the world. This level of mutation (piled up mutations) has most likely come from a single patient who was unable to beat the virus (perhaps a long hauler, an HIV person - in SA HIV is endemic :( )

source: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59418127

This variant has many similarities with the Lambda and the Beta variants which in the end came up to NOT become dominant. The Delta variant which was less dangerous but more transmissible ended up becoming the most ordinary form of SARS CoV 2 circulationg in the World.

For the time being, it should be closely monitored and analysed, but there is no reason to get overly concerned, unless it starts going up in frequency in the near future

so far... We dont know whether it spreads faster than Delta, is any more severe or to what extent it can evade the immune protection that comes from vaccination.

We also dont know how well the variant will spread in countries with much higher vaccination rates than the 24% of South Africa that is fully vaccinated.

The Omicron variant contains multiple mutations associated with increased antibody resistance, which may reduce the effectiveness of vaccines, along with mutations that generally make it more contagious. Other mutations in the new variant haven’t been seen until now, so scientists don’t yet know whether they are significant or will change how the virus behaves.

One good thing: The variant harbours a spike mutation that allows it to be detected by genotyping tests that deliver results much more rapidly than genome sequencing (PCR).

It is difficult to know what to make of the carriage of both mutations - P681H and N679K. It is a combination we see only exceptionally rarely. I suspect it is generally not ‘stable’, but it might be so, in combination with other mutations/deletions. For the time being, it should be closely monitored and analysed, but there is no reason to get overly concerned, unless it starts going up in frequency in the near future. This variant omicron if it´s unstable enough can "simply vanish".

Never forget that deleterious mutations are not necessary advantages for the virus. Without enough genes, after some replications, it may no longer be able to reassemble them-self. 

Seeing these mutations, it seems PROBABLE that some vaccinated people may not be protected against this variant. If WHO decides, then the vaccines formula can be easily reformulated to be aplyed at the already known vaccines. It doesnt last too long to do so. Let´s wait and see.

About people already recovered from Covid, the T memory cells are able to cope with this variant because not only the spike protein is recognized in the "memory bank" but also other parts of the virus, which seem not to be mutated in the Omicron variant. So there´s enough memory to protect the person against this variant.

I would say that people recovered from COVID may/can have protection, but vaccinated people may not be so well protected. We know that not all parts of the spike protein are included in the vaccine. If the parts included have changed in the OMICRON variant, so the vaccine may elicit a no-efficient response to this variant. This is what is concerning WHO.

Any questions about corona ask me. Please dont panic. If this variant is not more transmissible as Delta, it may not spread so much. Time will tell...