JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Omega will come along and probably omega 2

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

12 minutes ago, Hope said:

This one's next! 🤓  

"The Andromeda Strain - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Andromeda_Strain

I have that movie.  :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 hours ago, molnarj said:

Maybe the world should embrace this new variant. If this variant should replace the Delta variant the people who get ill only have minor complaints and the Delta will eventually go away.

Serious question for anyone ( @Sofia).  

What is the difference between a mutation and a variant? I thought variants were just mutations but these articles of late have been pointing out they are actually different.  There are multiple mutations of Delta, for example, and there are also variants like Delta, Lambda, Omicron, etc

6 hours ago, Hope said:

This one's next! 🤓  

"The Andromeda Strain - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Andromeda_Strain

It would have to travel 2.5 Million or more light years to get here. The Andromeda Galaxy is 2.5 Million years away from us and the it's virus would have to travel very fast.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

What is the difference between a mutation and a variant?

Omicron is a variant. It has about 50 mutations..an example of a mutation...Let us say you have a small finishing nail, and you take a pair of pliers and bend the nail..that could be considered a mutation of that nail. Now, suppose each spike protein on Omicron is "bent" like the nail, it is now a mutated spike. Suppose the antibodies you have in your bloodstream try to fit into the spike of the virus to inactivate it and now the spike is a different shape..the antibody may not fit! Thus a concern. An example..suppose the blue antibody tries to fit into the red spike protein..it won't fit!!

Screenshot_2021-11-27-10-59-54-1-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Serious question for anyone ( @Sofia).  

What is the difference between a mutation and a variant? I thought variants were just mutations but these articles of late have been pointing out they are actually different.  There are multiple mutations of Delta, for example, and there are also variants like Delta, Lambda, Omicron, etc

When a specific virus has several mutations it’s called a variant.

Because it has some significant changes in its genome.

but it’s still the same virus

like… we have the dog species 

and we may have certain breeds

like the spitz

well the breeds are like variants

and inside each variant we may have suptypes (like the Delta plus)

like in the Spitz we have the mini medium and giant Spitz 

it’s easier like this? 🤗

omicron has many mutations 

is like a different breed 

but same species 

it’s still a “dog” 😂

it looks like a “companion breed “ not a mastiff, because so far scientists say that causes mild symptoms 

let’s wait and see

we have 13 cases of omicron identified now in Portugal 

All soccer players… the trainer is my cousin and he s fine. All have mild symptoms 

BELENENSES team 

just for curiosity we used to have our regional conventions at their stadium before the pandemic 🤗🤗🤗

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

16 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

The Omicron variant has a constellation of new variants!

correction: a constelation of mutations :) and some of these mutations are common to other variants like beta and delta. Some are totally new. 

Many mutations usually weakens the virus, doesn't not make it stronger... or more dangerous.

this is what´s expected: a weaker more transmissible virus. But ... we must wait and see.

The major issue is if the mutations make the spike sequences look different from vaccines information from previous spike proteins. The whole spike info IS not in the vaccine... so it´s a matter of wait if the vaccine protection is still on or if new formula is required for the next vaccine batches.

the remaining parts of the coronavirus didnt change that much, so anyone who had covid can expect to be protected at least for now, no worries...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Just now, Sofia said:

correção: uma constelação de mutações :) e algumas dessas mutações são comuns a outras variantes como beta e delta. Alguns são totalmente novos. 

Muitas mutações geralmente enfraquecem o vírus, não o tornam mais forte ... ou mais perigoso.

isso é o que se espera: um vírus mais fraco e transmissível. Mas ... devemos esperar para ver.

O principal problema é se as mutações fazem as sequências de pico parecerem diferentes das informações de vacinas de proteínas de pico anteriores. Toda a informação do pico não ESTÁ na vacina ... então é questão de esperar se a proteção da vacina ainda estiver ativa ou se uma nova fórmula for necessária para os próximos lotes de vacina.

as partes restantes do coronavírus não mudaram muito, então qualquer um que fez a cobiça pode esperar ser protegido pelo menos por agora, não se preocupe ...

Exatamente o que queria dizer 😂 obrigado. 

Exactly what I wanted to say 😂 Thank you.

1 hour ago, Jonadab said:

Representation shows differences in mutations between delta and omicron variant of coronavirus

imagem-omicron-.jpg

Yes Mano 🙏 obrigada 

But still the same virus.

and the rest of the virus has less mutations in a whole (20)

the spike has more mutations (30+/-)

There are numerous documented cases of COVID-19 reinfection. What does this mean for potential vaccination? What reason do we have to believe that immunity through vaccination will be long-lasting?

A few hundreds of cases of reinfection means nothing considering almost 37 million recovered. They are a statistical deviation, nothing more. Immunity works in the vast majority of cases and so will vaccination.

For how long is a different question. We simply don’t know that yet. The estimations go from a few months to many years. The fact that we practically have no reinfections however means that we will probably have immunity at least for several months. The end result will probably be that we will get an updated covid vaccine together with our flu shots every year until we have reliable data on how long immunity lasts.

SARAH RAHAL | THE DETROIT NEWS | 13 hours ago

Michigan reached a new record of adults hospitalized with COVID-19 on Monday with 4,181 hospitalized with confirmed cases of the virus, the most since the panemic began.

I had to bring my husband to the Veteran's Hospital yesterday, which is a 200 mile round trip for us.

In spite of record high Covid cases in our state, my hubby and I were two of the only handful of people who were wearing masks.  

No one was social distancing, either.

People are behaving as though the pandemic is a thing of the past, instead of the present. 

The result?  Record level of Covid hospitalizations in Michigan.  

:(

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/11/29/michigan-hits-new-record-adult-covid-19-hospitalizations-80-beds-full/8786165002/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

56 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I had to bring my husband to the Veteran's Hospital yesterday, which is a 200 mile round trip for us.

In spite of record high Covid cases in our state, my hubby and I were two of the only handful of people who were wearing masks.  

No one was social distancing, either.

People are behaving as though the pandemic is a thing of the past, instead of the present. 

The result?  Record level of Covid hospitalizations in Michigan.  

:(

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/11/29/michigan-hits-new-record-adult-covid-19-hospitalizations-80-beds-full/8786165002/

In our area in MI, the hospitals are over loaded.

Edited by Dustparticle

Interesting hypothesis:

Plasma transfusion accelerates creation of new variants.

Earlier this year, Gupta published a paper that showed that this process could occur in severely ill patients who had been administered convalescent plasma laden with virus-killing antibodies. Because their immune system still couldn’t clear the virus, it learned to mutate around those antibodies. It has been speculated that the widespread use of convalescent plasma early in the pandemic was responsible for driving the emergence of variants.

“We don’t know for sure, but a lot of plasma was used and it was potentially one of the drivers for the variants,” he says. “It was used very widely in Brazil, India, the UK and the US, all of whom developed their own sets of variants.”

Notice the countries.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/is-delta-the-last-covid-super-variant?fbclid=IwAR2CFaw6C3zsMfpnpq_l4_UdZvw0iaDR6c0YZGNa4L8VU1cwdbZJ9ehTSO0

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 11/30/2021 at 1:28 AM, Sofia said:

omicron has many mutations 

is like a different breed 

but same species 

it’s still a “dog”

I don't want anything to "bark" inside my body LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

29 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

No, you'll only feel the tail wagging inside you body, going thump, thump. Good doggie, sit. 

I'll like a toy Manchester/chihuahua if you don't mind. Alright I can't be picky?  OK, just give me a thorough bred then. I can live with any variant.

I had the first of all the full genome virus. It was not nice, it could cause at least 6 different types of COVID. Now after so many mutations the sars cov 2 seems to have changed from a Rottweiler to a pincher...