JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Dr John Campbell has some good news. He explains why some experts feel we will all get the omicron variant but will likely have mild disease. We will know if its true in 3 weeks time.

Omicron good news

05:24 pretty inevitable that you are going to be exposed Now the symptoms so far from what we know from south africa tiredness headache body aches  scratchy throat and dry cough

09:35 we kind of know now almost for certain that this is in europe and has been in europe for some time and has been circulating for for some time

13:58 very unlikely that a virus is going to be good at everything. So this virus can either probably use its mutations to make you sick or use its mutations to provide immune escape or use its mutations to make it more transmissible.

And and it looks like the omicron variant has used all of its mutations up as it were to make it more transmissible. Therefore with it being so transmissible it's less likely that's going to make people very sick and it's less likely there's going to be a lot of vaccine escape.

Now of course we don't know this for sure yet but there is precedent for this actually because if we think about if we think about the beta variant from south africa that had good immune escape. That was actually out competed by the delta variant which didn't have such good immune escape but did have very high transmissibility.

So what what might happen is this omicron variant might just take over the world giving everyone really mild disease making the whole world's population immune and making this problem basically go away. So that's kind of the best case scenario that could actually happen.

50 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

So what what might happen is this omicron variant might just take over the world giving everyone really mild disease making the whole world's population immune and making this problem basically go away. So that's kind of the best case scenario that could actually happen.

Well, I study coronaviruses for years... and this is my opinion as well. But... lets wait and see. we need more time :) Thanks for sharing this!!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

18 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Well, I study coronaviruses for years... and this is my opinion as well. But... lets wait and see. we need more time :) Thanks for sharing this!!

I have agreed on this previously on thread #8137 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, happiness IS said:

toy Manchester/chihuahua

I had a toy Manchester terrier/ chihuahua looks a lot like toy miniature pinscher. I don't care for the covid kind. Had my precious for 17 years. Loved her to death. Planning to have tons in the new system. 101 to be exact. RIP the divine Miss M 😭 Can't mention her without crying. My immortal beloved dog-hter Flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone. We're joined at the hips.

image.png.37b1e89eb8e463228cb9f0452cc59475.png

Stock photo. An exact representation of my beloved except that she had a white spot on the chest. (A defect, I'm told) But I only want the defective ones. She was a dainty miss. Could jump from sofa to couch in 1 quick sprint. She didn't like Aspie husband at all. I don't use her as my avatar because it would be dead giveaway to my identity. 

Having such a dog is no picnic. Really feisty type of dog. The Covid variant would be just as daunting. 

Edited by happiness IS

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

I had the first of all the full genome virus. It was not nice, it could cause at least 6 different types of COVID. Now after so many mutations the sars cov 2 seems to have changed from a Rottweiler to a pincher...

I had the pinscher delta in october and it was the worst thing I had ever experienced.😰 

My husband developed diabetes post covid too. I work in the pharmacy and Im hearing a lot of people suffering all sorts of side effects from having had covid. It may be too early to tell but certainly some life changing effects I see and hear, hence never going to let my guard down while the virus' still around.

9 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

So okay so Omicron variant that's less weak but more contagious could possibly infect everyone living on Earth.. making them immune..right?  

No.  We need to get "immunity" out of our heads. Nothing is absolute.  However, the greater our antibody count, the easier our bodies can fight infection. 

There is no 100% immunity 

http://frontiersmag.wustl.edu/2021/04/01/swedens-herd-immunity-success-or-failure/

APRIL 1, 2021

At the very beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Sweden’s public health agency,  (FHM), opted for a “de-facto herd immunity approach, allowing community transmission to occur relatively unchecked”. While the agency did recommend limiting gatherings to 50 people or less on March 29, 2020, there were no mandatory measures taken to limit crowds on transport, in malls, schools, and other crowded places. The government acknowledged the fatal risk of such a strategy; on April 3, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said, “[Sweden] will have to count the dead in thousands. It is just as well that we prepare for it”.

In August 2020, a study by the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine stated that herd immunity was still “nowhere in sight” . However, even as the death toll in the country climbed, the government reaffirmed its faith in the strategy, despite the fact that herd immunity against an infectious disease has never been achieved without the aid of a vaccine [4].

40 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

http://frontiersmag.wustl.edu/2021/04/01/swedens-herd-immunity-success-or-failure/

APRIL 1, 2021

At the very beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Sweden’s public health agency,  (FHM), opted for a “de-facto herd immunity approach, allowing community transmission to occur relatively unchecked”. While the agency did recommend limiting gatherings to 50 people or less on March 29, 2020, there were no mandatory measures taken to limit crowds on transport, in malls, schools, and other crowded places. The government acknowledged the fatal risk of such a strategy; on April 3, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said, “[Sweden] will have to count the dead in thousands. It is just as well that we prepare for it”.

In August 2020, a study by the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine stated that herd immunity was still “nowhere in sight” . However, even as the death toll in the country climbed, the government reaffirmed its faith in the strategy, despite the fact that herd immunity against an infectious disease has never been achieved without the aid of a vaccine [4].

And talking of Sweden, today I saw news there that people are putting chips into their hands for payment systems and now they are able to add on the vaccine pass! 

no it’s not compulsory but folk are choosing to do it if they want.

how super clever maybe other countries will adopt this

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

And talking of Sweden, today I saw news there that people are putting chips into their hands for payment systems and now they are able to add on the vaccine pass! 

Wouldn't that make things simpler. I'm going to have to see if that can be done in the US.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

This type of thing is EXACTLY what the world leaders want to implement! Your medical information, financial information and credit information will all be on this chip.....that way, they can turn it on or off at will.

This will be implemented WORLDWIDE after the total collapse of the economy, and a New World currency is rolled out. The world will be BEGGING for a solution to the economic mess.

It is coming soon.

2 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

This type of thing is EXACTLY what the world leaders want to implement! Your medical information, financial information and credit information will all be on this chip.....that way, they can turn it on or off at will.

This will be implemented WORLDWIDE after the total collapse of the economy, and a New World currency is rolled out. The world will be BEGGING for a solution to the economic mess.

It is coming soon.

Interesting.  Could you please provide a link to this on/off chip article?

Thanks. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

Ahh but do those chips come with fish 😆

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

11 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Maybe some world leaders want to do something like this (or maybe not). But this Swedish thing is just a trend that appeared among young hackers (they call themselves biohackers) between 2015 and 2016. Then it went quickly out of fashion. There are only around 6000 people in Sweden with this chip. But of course newspapers try to make it seem something much bigger, as if the government were massively making people take an implant. :)

There is some info here:

https://eufactcheck.eu/factcheck/true-microchips-are-getting-under-the-skin-of-thousands-in-sweden/

3 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

Maybe we could turn our field service report in this way??

I FINALLY found a video on-line that explains what I ve been saying for more than a year:

natural infection protects you BETTER than a vaccine.

You had covid 19? then you must surely are protected, maybe for years.

You had covid and dont want to have the jab? your choice. You may not need it. If you take it you will face more side effects than people who never had covid.

You never had covid? you should be vaccinated to be protected.

Omicron rapidly dominating in South Africa; U.S. reports first case

• Three-quarters of S.African samples are now Omicron
  • U.S. reports first case, in traveler from South Africa
  • The first known U.S. case was a fully vaccinated person in California who returned to the United States from South Africa on Nov. 22 and tested positive seven days later.

The person had mild symptoms and was in self-quarantine

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-tightens-covid-19-travel-rules-countries-race-quell-omicron-threat-2021-12-01/

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

Ursula von der Lyon European Commissioner has said its time to talk covid vaccine mandate for the entire EU (27 countries I think).

This IS going to be an eventuality worldwide. 
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-01/eu-should-discuss-mandatory-vaccinations-von-der-leyen-says

Yea, that would save a lot of lives.

I see another False Prophet Anti-vaxer has died of Covid-19.  No surprise there but the Blood guilt from his misinformation broadcast (among other things) I'm afraid might put his heavenly hope into question.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

5 minutes ago, rocket said:

Yea, that would save a lot of lives.

I see another False Prophet Anti-vaxer has died of Covid-19.  No surprise there but the Blood guilt from his misinformation broadcast (among other things) I'm afraid might put his heavenly hope into question.

This chap was diabetic(one of the most common comorbidities) and died with pneumonia and covid19.

I never heard of him, but Every death is sad. Every human is precious to Jehovah and his Son who died for us all.

I know you’ll agree with me that we should pray for his family.