JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

After the pandemic surge Ag.2:7 had to be fullfilled. Our recent understanding. 

Many sheep are entering Jehovah´s organization!

GB is very on the watch!

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, happiness IS said:

Ag 2: 7 is Haggai?

(Haggai 2:7)  “‘And I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in; and I will fill this house with glory,’ says Jehovah of armies.

Yes

sorry I’m Portuguese 🙄🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Dr John Campbell reports that the politicians are very cautious about omicron and rightly so. However, he presents good news from South Africa.:thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/XzrG3Odgf28?t=226

We are in the 4th week. There's no reason you can't trust us when we say to you we have mild disease. Everyone was afraid of severe disease 3 weeks later but in primary healthcare we've passed that 3 weeks and we haven't seen it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/omicron-is-spreading-fast-thats-alarming-even-if-its-mild/ar-AARMwtM

Omicron is spreading fast. That's alarming even if it's mild

"What we now know about Omicron is that ... it's spreading at a phenomenal rate, something that we've never seen before. It's doubling every two to three days in infections," UK Health Secretary  told Britain's Sky News Monday. "That means we're facing a tidal wave of infection. We're once again in a race between the vaccine and the virus."

A new study out Monday from researchers at Oxford University adds to evidence that two of the main vaccines deployed against Covid-19 -- the AZ vaccine used widely in Britain and around the world but not in the US,and the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine used widely in the US, Europe and elsewhere -- won't protect people as well against the Omicron variant.

Yikes, I better not delay in getting my booster. I can't afford to get covid while battling inner ear infection. Double whammy that's what it will be. 

But I think if we follow SOP diligently it would help fend off the virus. No end to the house confinement. 

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

So it only came to the worlds attention 21 days ago… and yet here we are expected to believe that they *know* your booster will only last 3 months…  🤔😵💫

You mentioned booster but the article you posted says second dose of the vaccine.  The second dose was part of the initial vaccination.  It's not considered a booster. 

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

So it only came to the worlds attention 21 days ago… and yet here we are expected to believe that they *know* your booster will only last 3 months…  🤔😵💫 image.thumb.png.0b167b81f021536a74950bb0b591223c.png

No, you are misunderstanding what is being said. The article is not talking about the Booster of which is the 3 shot. It was published back in July that the Phizer vaccine wanes after 6 months after the third shot. So this is no surprise that with a variant like Omicron that one would need a third shot Booster to get back the lost protection.

August 2021, Moderna on the other hand is said to not wane after 6 months from the second shot. Booster still recommended.

edit: Update: Phizer begins to wane after 2 month

.....................  Moderna wanes 36% after 12 months

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Ah well. Let’s hope it really is a safer variant or else there is going to be some serious trouble ahead. 

News flash just now. 

My wife has just told me that they have to start work from home most of the week. 

UK reports its highest number of daily coronavirus cases since pandemic began, with 78,610 people testing positive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59673150

Edited by Mykyl

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

Ah well. Let’s hope it really is a safer variant or else there is going to be some serious trouble ahead. 

News flash just now. 

My wife has just told me that they have to start work from home most of the week. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59673150

Death toll is going down worldwide, so it's ok I guess

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/know-omicron-covid-19-variant-135300256.html?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation

The runny nose, congestion, and cough sounds a lot like a cold, so how can you tell that from symptoms of Omicron? Unfortunately, you really can’t. “If you’ve been vaccinated and/or had an infection before, you should have heightened concern that what feels trivial could be COVID,” Dr. Russo, professor and chief of infectious disease at the University at Buffalo in New York says.

Dr. Adalja a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, agrees. “With infection with any COVID variant, it is difficult to distinguish it from a cold,” he says. “Therefore, testing is important.”

“I know, America, you’re really tired of hearing about those things,” Francis Collins, M.D., director of the National Institutes of Health says, “but the virus is not tired of us.”

Here in the province of Quebec, Canada, the number of new infections used to be maybe 200 to 300 per day. Today it was announced we have had more than 2,300, the highest in 11 months. Because of that, the Quebec government is considering tightening the rules on how many will be able to gather at groups, and is not leaving out any possibilities for restrictions. Also it was announced that four people died in the last 24 hours.

For my city of Montreal, the number of new cases doubled during the last day; we had 844. Of those four deaths in the province, three of them were in Montreal.

Furthermore, my second vaccine is dwindling in its efficacy. It's been six months now (Pfizer), so in early January I'll be able to book a booster (third).

Omicron is so different from sars cov 2… looks like an intirely new thing

im sorry

it looks like man made 

not natural at all… it’s a new virus

ok

it displaces Delta

but also dodges vacinnes

fortunatly it doesn’t seem very dangerous

lets see how elderly deal with it

will symptoms differ? 

8 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

So it only came to the worlds attention 21 days ago… and yet here we are expected to believe that they *know* your booster will only last 3 months…  🤔😵💫 image.thumb.png.0b167b81f021536a74950bb0b591223c.png

On Amazon if you type in Omicron - the list of books written about it is quite lengthy. 
Wow those scientist are quick on the ball werent they? It’s amazing.

feel like I’m in the twilight zone 

Edited by Honeybarrel

10 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Wow! The Omicron variant really IS incredibly contagious!  

One thing about any surge is that whether you get mildly sick or not, or hospitalised or not - it’s going to affect you. 

increase in cases of this magnitude will mean many people having to isolate at once. So if one person at your workplace gets it, the place will shut down for 10-14 days, or be severely disrupted in some way. 

And it’s mainly in service industries that we will feel it. The video mentioned the postman, the supermarket worker, the bus driver, the truck driver etc who can’t work from home. Our delivery systems will backlog again and supermarkets will run out (of toilet paper! 😱). 

So, mild or not, we are going to feel this disruption for a while - a rocky road ahead. 

8 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

We have to make up our own mind. If you do not trust “them” (scientists? politicians? who exactly?), I know we can trust the GB. They have consistently told us how they view the vaccine rollouts and we know that they wouldn’t have taken something that would affect them taking the lead in doing Jehovah’s will. 

If boosters are not your thing, I respect your choice and hope you can also respect the rest of us who have made up our minds. 

25 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

On Amazon if you type in Omicron - the list of books written about it is quite lengthy. 
Wow those scientist are quick on the ball werent they? It’s amazing.

feel like I’m in the twilight zone 

Full of self published folks on a money grab it looks like. Might have to go write myself one. Clearly a market for it. 😊😉

5 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

We have to make up our own mind. If you do not trust “them” (scientists? politicians? who exactly?), I know we can trust the GB. They have consistently told us how they view the vaccine rollouts and we know that they wouldn’t have taken something that would affect them taking the lead in doing Jehovah’s will. 

If boosters are not your thing, I respect your choice and hope you can also respect the rest of us who have made up our minds. 

You saying a lot of words there that I have not,

all I pointed out is that we’ve only known about this for literally DAYS and yet the experts are already concluding all sorts about it.

But yes - I am finding it hard to believe this entire thing is above board. 
Am I not allowed to have this opinion?

By keep saying the same thing about the GB to me I don’t know what your point is. It has nothing to do with my post. 
I’ve been censored plenty already and told I am not allowed to be ‘anti’ covid vaccine. that’s not even close to what this post is. 
you mention above that you respect my choice. Thankyou. As I respect yours and the many many people who have the same opinion as you, I know I’m swimming against the stream / majority.