JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

The question is, why has this become a problem now, when it wasn’t before? The knowledge was there.

The knowledge might have been there, but it wasn't publicized. Since nobody made an issue about it, nobody took notice. But now the knowledge is being politicized and used to sew contention. 

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

The knowledge might have been there, but it wasn't publicized. Since nobody made an issue about it, nobody took notice. But now the knowledge is being politicized and used to sew contention. 

Yes, that’s exactly what my news post above was saying. These remote Aboriginal communities are Christian and believe the way out and malevolent messaging coming from faith based groups regarding vaccination. This has spread from the US white supremacy groups via social media. 

There is very low uptake of this vaccination, but previously there was no issue with other childhood vaccination. Already the virus has gone through remote communities in Northern Territory, and now we are seeing deaths in this vulnerable part of our population. 

So yeah, political and demonic propaganda. 

40 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Yes, that’s exactly what my news post above was saying. These remote Aboriginal communities are Christian and believe the way out and malevolent messaging coming from faith based groups regarding vaccination. This has spread from the US white supremacy groups via social media. 

There is very low uptake of this vaccination, but previously there was no issue with other childhood vaccination. Already the virus has gone through remote communities in Northern Territory, and now we are seeing deaths in this vulnerable part of our population. 

So yeah, political and demonic propaganda. 

There's blood on their hands. 

15 hours ago, Thesauron said:

True. And it also has to be weighed against the requirement to do what you can to keep others safe and healthy.

It's a pity that line of reasoning doesn't work on the thousands of protestors who are not only protesting against manadatory vaccinations but against the vaccine itself.

I have just found out that my ex-husband and his daughter (not my daughter) have been among the protestors and is very anti-vax, and my neighbour doesn't even believe that covid exists and he also joins all the protests. With people displaying this level of selfish stupidity the future of covid and related deaths, will continue for a long time to come.

If people don't want the vaccine where it's freely available, and they want to put their lives at risk, that's entirely their choice. But maybe the option for having the vaccine should be taken away from them, and their vaccine shipped to some of the ones in developing countries who would readily take it in a heartbeat!

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

It's a pity that line of reasoning doesn't work on the thousands of protestors who are not only protesting against manadatory vaccinations but against the vaccine itself.

I have just found out that my ex-husband and his daughter (not my daughter) have been among the protestors and is very anti-vax, and my neighbour doesn't even believe that covid exists and he also joins all the protests. With people displaying this level of selfish stupidity the future of covid and related deaths, will continue for a long time to come.

If people don't want the vaccine where it's freely available, and they want to put their lives at risk, that's entirely their choice. But maybe the option for having the vaccine should be taken away from them, and their vaccine shipped to some of the ones in developing countries who would readily take it in a heartbeat!

They did not come to these conclusions by reason, and cannot be mended by reason.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Pfizer and Moderna used another immortal cell line, HEK-293, derived from the kidney of a fetus aborted in the 1970s. The cells were used during development to confirm that the genetic instructions for making the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein worked in human cells. This was like a proof-of-concept test, Speidel says, and the fetal cells were not used to produce either of these mRNA vaccines.

So, mRNA vaccines use HEK-293 (immortal cell line from a dead fetus) to test the vaccine (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/here-are-the-facts-about-fetal-cell-lines-and-covid-19-vaccines)

why that child died as a fetus? We don’t know exactly:

"Moral Guidance on Using COVID-19 Vaccines Developed with Human Fetal Cell Lines". Public Discourse. Witherspoon Institute. Retrieved December 23, 2020. I received an e-mail a few months ago from Professor Frank Graham, who established this cell line. He tells me that to the best of his knowledge, the exact origin of the HEK293 fetal cells is unclear. They could have come from either a spontaneous miscarriage or an elective abortion.

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

They did not come to these conclusions by reason, and cannot be mended by reason.

Romans 12:17,18.

17. Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men.  18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.

Matthew 22:37-39

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’  38 This is the greatest and first commandment.  39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’  40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

Love is our superpower ❤️
Whatever our PERSONAL choices.

Persecution can come in many forms. Please only let it be from the authorities if necessary and not internally from each other.

Romans 12:17,18.
17. Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men.  18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.

Matthew 22:37-39
You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’  38 This is the greatest and first commandment.  39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’  40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

Love is our superpower
Whatever our PERSONAL choices.
Persecution can come in many forms. Please only let it be from the authorities if necessary and not internally from each other.

Regarding love: These people who take to the streets and protest have nothing to do with us. Personal choices can be stupid and anti-society as well as anti-facts. We do not engage in that and work towards informed choices instead. Urging people to listen to facts and reason is not persecution. We do it because we love people and want them to lead good lives.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, Michał said:

So, mRNA vaccines use HEK-293 (immortal cell line from a dead fetus) to test the vaccine (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/here-are-the-facts-about-fetal-cell-lines-and-covid-19-vaccines)

why that child died as a fetus? We don’t know exactly:

"Moral Guidance on Using COVID-19 Vaccines Developed with Human Fetal Cell Lines". Public Discourse. Witherspoon Institute. Retrieved December 23, 2020. I received an e-mail a few months ago from Professor Frank Graham, who established this cell line. He tells me that to the best of his knowledge, the exact origin of the HEK293 fetal cells is unclear. They could have come from either a spontaneous miscarriage or an elective abortion.

Just a note: they also use cells derived from HEK293 to test flavors for a great many of the foods we all eat. Using these cells to test something is NOT the same thing as saying they are IN that something.

This was an interesting article regarding that.  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/oct/23/facebook-posts/no-food-companies-are-not-selling-products-contain/

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

Regarding love: These people who take to the streets and protest have nothing to do with us. Personal choices can be stupid and anti-society as well as anti-facts. We do not engage in that and work towards informed choices instead. Urging people to listen to facts and reason is not persecution. We do it because we love people and want them to lead good lives.

Nowhere do I endorse people going out on the streets to protest. And I never would -as this would rebellious to the authorities.

But are you saying these are NOT worthy of our love? Ae these ones not searching for answers / solutions too?
In addition, do you love me? Just for clarification. 
My personal choice (sounds like) is different to yours, and I am confident I am not stupid, or have wrong facts. I like to reason aswell as listen to all sides.

However it seems (correct me where I go wrong here) you are saying that Christian love is conditional on people making reasonable choices that we agree with? 
Verse 39 of Matthew 22 seems pretty simple to me. 

In fact do we not go one step further in Matthew 5:44 “However I say to you : Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you”

3 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

My personal choice (sounds like) is different to yours, and I am confident I am not stupid, or have wrong facts. I like to reason aswell as listen to all sides.

Josephine, I think you are misunderstanding the discussion. Johan and Terry are speaking about people in their neighborhood who violently protest against covid restrictions and how unreasonable they are.

Yet you keep applying those comments to the friends who have decided not to take the vaccine, and mention things like being attacked from inside.

Those comments are not about JWs, no matter what their choice is. Because no JWs would deny (I hope) that covid exists or participate in riots against the government.

My anti-vax neighbors are very vocal and cry out loud about paying taxes for people landing in the hospital due to vaccine injury, but yet take no steps to keep themselves out of harms way and meet up with others, go to huge outdoor events in the winter, carneval, etc. You do get a sense that these ones who protest are somehow indestructible or feel invinsible, but at the same time exuding recklessness for gathering outside for celebratory events or protests with hundreds, maybe thousands of people. What a difference to the friends in the organization who recognize the value of keeping safe and taking precautions, regardless of being vaccinated or not.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Nowhere do I endorse people going out on the streets to protest. And I never would -as this would rebellious to the authorities.
But are you saying these are NOT worthy of our love? Ae these ones not searching for answers / solutions too?
In addition, do you love me? Just for clarification. 
However it seems (correct me where I go wrong here) you are saying that Christian love is conditional on people making reasonable choices that we agree with? 
Verse 39 of Matthew 22 seems pretty simple to me. 

In fact do we not go one step further in Matthew 5:44 “However I say to you : Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you”

I have never once said that they are unworthy of love. But their actions are stupid, confused, and not based in fact. I believe they can change, but not with facts. Facts mean nothing to them. They live in a post-truth society, one might say.

Where did I say that Christian love is conditional on people making reasonable choices we can agree with? I think you are reading something into my posts that isn’t there.

We do pray that our “enemies” might change at some point. But these people are not our enemies. They are just lost and confused. They can be reached and can also change, but not with facts. Emotions, perhaps.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

My anti-vax neighbors are very vocal and cry out loud about paying taxes for people landing in the hospital due to vaccine injury, but yet take no steps to keep themselves out of harms way and meet up with others, go to huge outdoor events in the winter, carneval, etc. You do get a sense that these ones who protest are somehow indestructible or feel invinsible, but at the same time exuding recklessness for gathering outside for celebratory events or protests with hundreds, maybe thousands of people. What a difference to the friends in the organization who recognize the value of keeping safe and taking precautions, regardless of being vaccinated or not.

Exactly. And should someone become infected anyway, we do not blame God or any government. We obey what the government recommends or demands, and even go further. Keeping our friends, family and neighbours safe is very important. And if we remain unvaccinated for whatever reason, even more so. We stay safe, and protect others.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Their actions are also deliberately targeting vulnerable indigenous communities, which is really not something we can ever support. They reflect the growing unrest and protest culture (whatever the cause), and the protests are becoming violent and hateful. We are seeing prophecy fulfilled before our eyes. And we stay right away from all of that. Like has been stated, we aren’t seeing protesters (any protestors BLM, indigenous rights women’s rights etc) as our enemies, because that is not being neutral. Only our loving father can fix this mess. 

We remain united in service to Jehovah. Accusing our forum friends here of not showing love is overreaching. We trust each other to do what’s loving  towards all -    
1 Cor 13:7.

We had an interesting comment from our CO in his last talk concerning vaccinations. His talk was like a review of bro. Splane's talk in the RC on, do you listen to friends or strangers. Speaking of those working under the Branch of which would include CO. He ask, why do you suppose 99% got the covid-19 vaccine. He said, "we take a vow not only of poverty but also of obedience." Now thinking of that, there was still a choice, obey the direction or not. No direct command to get vaccinated but they had the same direction we received. So the question is, do you listen to friend or stranger.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25