JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

huh... so actually MORE deaths in the year WITH vaccines, than the previous year WITHOUT vaccines....

There was no Covid in 19.  Vaccines were not available until 21.  Jerry's post was about 2020, the year in between.  I must be lost because I don't understand what you mean.  It sounds like you are trying to compare deaths in 2020 to 2019 yet, somehow, trying to make a negative comment about vaccines which did not even exist until 2021.  Do I have that correct? 

Edited by Shawnster

Regarding co-morbidities and covid, I think we need to see that had there been no pandemic, this person had more life to live.  Would the little old grandma in a nursing home have lived just that little bit longer had she not caught covid?  Quite possibly, even if it would have been only months.

What is starkingly obvious though, is when younger people die with co-morbidities and covid, they probably would have had a few years left had they not caught covid.  Covid accelarates the co-morbidities and is therefore a contributory cause, perfectly acceptable to state on a death certificate.

Is there really any gain from us saying anything more about covid being a killer?  Our brothers (over 26,000) and millions around the world have lost their lives primarily because covid in some way caused them to have diminished care (hospital capacity full), or it accelerated their pre-existing disease and affected their life expectancy, or just plain killed them.  The results are the same - they wouldn't have died so soon if they didn't have covid.

And interestingly, the information provided by the link https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfromcovid19withnootherunderlyingcauses?s=08

shows that in 2021, once the vaccination program kicked in, the numbers had decreased for deaths by a large percentage. 

2021 Q1: 6483 (0-64: 1560/ 65 and over: 4923)

2021 Q2: 346 (0-64: 153/ 65 and over: 193)

2021 Q3: 1142 (0-64: 512/ 65 and over: 630)  ---> this was most likely the delta wave https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/delta-wave-sweeps-from-west-to-east-uk

I just am gobsmacked we are still discussing this.... Update after update after update....🤔

From NY Times:
A higher death rate
In the initial stages of the Omicron surge, American health officials looked at how other countries were withstanding the worst effects of the new variant and were reassured. But as the Omicron wave begins to subside, we’re getting a fuller picture of how the U.S. fared during the latest surge — and the data is sobering.

Compared with other wealthy countries, the coronavirus in the U.S. is killing people at much higher rates. Since Dec. 1, when the first Omicron case was detected in the U.S., the share of Americans who have been killed by the coronavirus has been at least 63 percent higher than in any other large, wealthy nation, according to a Times analysis of mortality figures.

Read more:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/02/01/science/covid-deaths-united-states.html?campaign_id=154&emc=edit_cb_20220202&instance_id=52014&nl=coronavirus-briefing&regi_id=83729275&segment_id=81489&te=1&user_id=1e518bbbdae79eaae8caa3f078cbb8f2

Old (Downunder) Tone

Screenshot_20220203-175154_Gmail.png

Screenshot_20220203-175208_Gmail.png

Screenshot_20220203-175229_Gmail.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

Good news :)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/02/health/covid-vaccine-nasal.html

People who gain immunity because of an infection with the virus — rather than from an injected vaccine — tend to have strong mucosal immunity, at least for a while. That may help explain why they seemed to fare better against the Delta variant than those who had been vaccinated, Dr. Tal said.But she warned that trying to obtain mucosal immunity by getting infected was dangerous. “The way to get people that kind of mucosal protection really, really, really should be with a nasal vaccine,” she said.

no one yet knows how powerful immunity might be from a mucosal Covid vaccine, and how long it might last, Dr. Gommerman said.

But mRNA vaccines likewise were a gamble at the start of the pandemic, she noted: “I don’t think that’s a good enough reason to not try.”

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

25 minutes ago, carlos said:

Hey Sofia, you're famous! :lol:

Do you have a recording of the interview?

Yes, you can say Im relatively famous in certain media in Portugal. I will have the link later or tomorrow on-line available. Sorry... in portuguese. But a famous spanish doctor was present as well by video conference :)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Yes, you can say Im relatively famous in certain media in Portugal. I will have the link later or tomorrow on-line available. Sorry... in portuguese. But a famous spanish doctor was present as well by video conference :)

I will love to watch the interview. Portuguese is fine. :)

On 2/4/2022 at 7:19 PM, carlos said:

I will love to watch the interview. Portuguese is fine. :)

Aqui tienes: https://collieclubedeportugal.pt/cmtv-covid.mp4 Bad quality sorry, original had 1,5 GB . 25 minutes discussion on vaccines and immunity. 

1 minute ago, Woanders said:

You seem very calm and controlled. 👌👏🌷

teocratic school teach us the great methods! 

19 minutes ago, Dages said:

You could upload it on YouTube with a private (non public) link?

I don’t think so 

you tube blocks it because it’s from a tv station 

I have tried to uploaded in facebook and also blocked

i vê used the collie club website because I’m the administrator and the link is not visible. Sorry it’s in Portuguese

4 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

Not able to access article without a subscription

Try this site instead

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Omicron-forces-S-Korea-to-end-GPS-monitoring-16837346.php

The speed of transmissions has made it impossible to maintain a tight and proactive medical response, Jeong Eun-kyeong, the country’s top infectious disease expert, said Monday.

The Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency reported 38,691 new cases of the virus, a nine-fold increase from the levels seen in mid-January, when omicron became the country’s dominant strain. Jeong said the country may see daily jumps of 130,000 or 170,000 by late February.

That MWM part in May shows we can expect more of this unrest. If it’s not vaccine mandates and restrictions, it’ll be something else.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/may-june-2022-mwb/Life-and-Ministry-Meeting-Schedule-for-May-23-29-2022/Are-You-Prepared-to-Face-Civil-Unrest/

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

That MWM part in May shows we can expect more of this unrest. If it’s not vaccine mandates and restrictions, it’ll be something else.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/may-june-2022-mwb/Life-and-Ministry-Meeting-Schedule-for-May-23-29-2022/Are-You-Prepared-to-Face-Civil-Unrest/

You thought about the same as I ! Thank you

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This is what I was talking about posting

https://jwtalk.net/topic/51147-could-writing-committee-brothers-know-gt-in-advance/

3 hours ago, JW2017 said:

About vaccine mandates and COVID restrictions.

Not sure how well you read that article but it is more about the political situation and is a "he said she said" piece highlighting the bickering and lies being told to achieve and/or perpetuate the narrative that mild-mannered Canadian truckers are just criminals taking a stand against  "COVID" mandates, that mandates are for the common good and they should just get used to them.  Quite a few nations have now removed COVID mandates but Canada and the US have doubled-down ... Gonna be a bumpy ride!