JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/18/bill-gates-covid-risks-have-reduced-but-another-pandemic-will-come.html

is Bill talking about a pandemic in the far future that will never come due to Armageddon? 

Bill is not a doctor.

Bill is not a scientist. 

Bill talks about things that he wants to raise awareness of that his ‘charitable’ foundation may possibly have the ‘solution’ to. 

So this (your article reference) could be in the near future-why do I say that?: he (the B&M Gates Foundation) hosted Event 201 in late 2019 practising preparedness for a coming pandemic. 
A couple months later covid19 was born.

Matthew 24: 10,11 :Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.  11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

Bill is not a doctor.

Bill is not a scientist. 

Bill talks about things that he wants to raise awareness of that his ‘charitable’ foundation may possibly have the ‘solution’ to. 

So this (your article reference) could be in the near future-why do I say that?: he (the B&M Gates Foundation) hosted Event 201 in late 2019 practising preparedness for a coming pandemic. 
A couple months later covid19 was born.

Matthew 24: 10,11 :Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.  11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones

Bill Gates was warning against a pandemic since at least 2008. My take is he is (like Elon Musk) focused on humanity solving its own problems. But we know from the Bible that it’s not going to happen. Still, it’s prudent to be aware that problems will come in this system, Jesus warned us about it. I’m sure a big asteroid wont hit Earth but another pandemic is possible (regardless how much I don’t want it to happen). 

I remember one of the GB updates saying that we can expect worse things than this pandemic before the end but I don’t remember each one (I guess late 2020 or early 2021).

No matter what we’ll experience, Jehovah will sustain us. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

32 minutes ago, Michał said:

Bill Gates was warning against a pandemic since at least 2008. My take is he is (like Elon Musk) focused on humanity solving its own problems.

I think this is true.  Humans (with money) have always tried to show philathropism.

Here is a TED talk from 2015, where Bill is actually saying a lot of truisms - The world is not ready for next outbreak.
He is actually talking about future scenarios based on the Spanish Flu.  He is talking about technological and biological advances that can help with the next outbreak, and the lessons that can be learnt from past outbreaks.  He is talking about logistics on the scale of warfare.  The boosting of medical and health systems in poor countries... (sound familiar?)

Now, he's not a prophet, but he is not predicting anything conspiratorial - this was obvious a lot earlier than the Ebola outbreak.  Hollywood's "Contagion" movie says it all.  Humans have known for a long time what needs to be done to save people, but the leaders that be don't prepare for anything.  Our predicament regarding this pandemic is fulfilling prophesy.  Since it doesn't belong to man who is walking to direct his step, then widespread diseases and pandemics are inevitable.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

So.... Story time....

I am choosing natural immunity.  Here in the states the predident talked mandates for over 100 emoyee companies.... The courts shot it down by the way.

My company is mandating weekly testing.  So at first it was spit in a cup test... Ok no big deal.  Then they went to a proctored nasal swab.

So the covid aginton test needs a "mucus sample" ok cool i can get a mucus sample easy.  But i.m not sticking thier swab up my nose and rwisting it 20 times... The video confrence peer pressure meeting wouldn.t let me get a mucus sample... It was all about sticking thier swab up my nose... Not about the test... If it was about the test they would be reasonable. I even overed.to use my own swab.. No the entire thing hinged on me having to use thier swab.... 

So there the option to do the test and take a picture of the result...  But no... They want to force me to stick their swab up my nose.

My HR. Department is digging in thier heals too... Being unreasonable.... I read the 22 page directions from the fast covid antigen test... Just says mucus sample.  But my Hr says i have to proctor test... Which seems peer pressure for the swab up mynose....  They say i can go do my own test.... But it has to be proctored and its on my dime....

Anyway...  I think its weird they aren.t being reasonable and want me to stick thier swab up my nose and twist it 20 times... And i have to sign consent to a "precedure"......

11 minutes ago, vern said:

So.... Story time....

I am choosing natural immunity.  Here in the states the predident talked mandates for over 100 emoyee companies.... The courts shot it down by the way.

My company is mandating weekly testing.  So at first it was spit in a cup test... Ok no big deal.  Then they went to a proctored nasal swab.

So the covid aginton test needs a "mucus sample" ok cool i can get a mucus sample easy.  But i.m not sticking thier swab up my nose and rwisting it 20 times... The video confrence peer pressure meeting wouldn.t let me get a mucus sample... It was all about sticking thier swab up my nose... Not about the test... If it was about the test they would be reasonable. I even overed.to use my own swab.. No the entire thing hinged on me having to use thier swab.... 

So there the option to do the test and take a picture of the result...  But no... They want to force me to stick their swab up my nose.

My HR. Department is digging in thier heals too... Being unreasonable.... I read the 22 page directions from the fast covid antigen test... Just says mucus sample.  But my Hr says i have to proctor test... Which seems peer pressure for the swab up mynose....  They say i can go do my own test.... But it has to be proctored and its on my dime....

Anyway...  I think its weird they aren.t being reasonable and want me to stick thier swab up my nose and twist it 20 times... And i have to sign consent to a "precedure"......

And now the CDC has come out to say that if you’ve take a PCR test, they have then sent your DNA to a lab for gene sampling. Did you sign up for that? Are you comfortable with them taking your DNA without your permission?

If I were you, I would insist on blowing my nose into a tissue and swabbing the tissue. Stick to your resolve, my brother!

14 minutes ago, vern said:

I

M insisting...  Why i.m losing my job again..

Evil poeple.

Please have faith in Jehovah, my brother! Jehovah WILL provide you with another job, if necessary. 

Changes in the world are happening DAILY! Things are changing so quickly, it’s possible you won’t even NEED a job in the near future!

Agape!

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

And now the CDC has come out to say that if you’ve take a PCR test, they have then sent your DNA to a lab for gene sampling. Did you sign up for that? Are you comfortable with them taking your DNA without your permission?

From CDC

Our 

@CDC_AMD@WIRED

video tweet led to some confusion. To clarify: CDC and our partners conduct genome sequencing analysis of the virus that causes COVID-19. Sequencing of the virus helps identify and monitor the spread and impact of variants. 

That's how they knew, for example, that Omicron overtook Delta as primary Covid varient and why in Ireland its known that the BA2 varient is growing at 10% per day and set to be dominant by the end of the month.

In other words:

No they're not compiling a DNA database on people

No this is nothing new

3 hours ago, vern said:

am choosing natural immunity

With everything the Governing Body has said I can't understand why but it's your choice Brother and no one can argue the point. 

3 hours ago, vern said:

First part is their choice. The fact that the USA is losing two to three thousand people to Covid per day is probably influencing this. 

Regarding where your tested this has been going on for a while. A Time article from January 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/6138928/swab-throat-nose-covid-19-rapid-tests/%3famp=true

Selected quote

All of the self tests authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are validated only with nasal samples. But recent coverage of the fact that Omicron tends to cause sore throats, and a small study finding that test samples collected in the throat might detect the presence of the virus earlier than samples collected in the nose

Underlining mine. 

So, yes the swabbing the mouth test (not spitting, sorry) might be as good or better than up the nose but it's not FDA approved, sorry. 

3 hours ago, vern said:

s all about sticking thier swab up my nose... Not about the test... If it was about the test they would be reasonable. I even overed.to use my own swab.. No the entire thing hinged on me having to use thier swab.... 

So, what's the issue with using their swab? I well believe they're sticking in their heels over certain rules, I work for a large company and some of our greatest problems are caused by higher management coming up with stupid rules. It's part of life under human rule. 

If it’s not a scriptural issue why are you preparing to lose your job? I'm driven spare nearly every day by stupid rules at work, but need to feed family keeps me at it. Our Brothers and Sisters in prison camps have to put up with worse rules and they don't even get paid for it so why the need to make an issue here? 

I'm genuinely asking as I'm not seeing things from your viewpoint. 

15 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

DF784FD4-CA81-49C7-85BF-B6C41D4FEA1F.jpeg

And the next bit, which was tweeted two days ago now says

Our@CDC_AMD@WIRED

video tweet led to some confusion. To clarify: CDC and our partners conduct genome sequencing analysis of the virus that causes COVID-19. Sequencing of the virus helps identify and monitor the spread and impact of variants. https://bit.ly/3oY5b62

Did you get that quote from Twitter or somewhere else? I got both quotes from the CDC account on Twitter. 

BTW, I'm not recommending anyone joins Twitter, I had to cut back when I found I was getting too into it, but each to their own. 

3 hours ago, vern said:

Richard, it's true that sometimes the authorities are not reasonable. But sometimes we are not very reasonable either. Millions of people have had PCR tests. In some countries people had to test every week in order to go to work. And no one died of that. Is it really so big a thing that you are willing to lose your job, Richard?

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Please have faith in Jehovah, my brother! Jehovah WILL provide you with another job, if necessary. 

Jehovah says we must obey the authorities. The authorities are asking you to have a test that is only slightly unpleasant (I've had a couple of those, so I speak from experience). Jehovah takes care of us when we apply his counsel.

53 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

DF784FD4-CA81-49C7-85BF-B6C41D4FEA1F.jpeg

The genomic sequencing is for the coronavirus variant... not for the person´s dna :facepalmpo2:

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

36 minutes ago, carlos said:

Jehovah says we must obey the authorities. The authorities are asking you to have a test that is only slightly unpleasant (I've had a couple of those, so I speak from experience). Jehovah takes care of us when we apply his counsel.

We must obey the authorities unless it conflicts with Jehovah‘s laws. Jehovah is the one who gave me life and this body, not the authorities! 

Therefore, if The “authorities “ require me to put something in my body that could potentially cause great harm, then I have faith that Jehovah doesn’t want me to do that .

Edited by zoebarry

Spelling

20 minutes ago, vern said:

Well if the authorities want to harm me... I.m sure thats not what Jehovsh was talking about.

Testing if you've a disease that is killing 2000 to 3000 of your own countrymen every day so that you can keep your family, workmates and neighbours safe is not 'harming you'.

I'm constantly worried about infecting others because of my job, if we had weekly free tests I'd be delighted (except when it was time for up the nose, as Dad's Army fans know "they don't like it up 'em").

22 minutes ago, vern said:

Well if the authorities want to harm me... I.m sure thats not what Jehovsh was talking about.

A PCR test is not harmful in any way. It only lasts a couple seconds, certainly not pleasant but not painful either. There is absolutely no scriptural reason, and neither logical reason, to lose one's job for something like this.

This situation reminds me of Naaman. It hurt his pride to bathe in the Jordan river. Then one of his servants reasoned: "If it had been a difficult thing that the prophet asked, wouldn't you do it? This is an insignificance." Naaman was humble, followed the instructions and was healed. Many people are willing to do huge efforts to keep a job. In contrast, a PCR test is an insignificance.

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Changes in the world are happening DAILY! Things are changing so quickly, it’s possible you won’t even NEED a job in the near future!

This is extremely unwise advice. The Slave has never told us anything like that.

6 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Therefore, if The “authorities “ require me to put something in my body that could potentially cause great harm, then I have faith that Jehovah doesn’t want me to do that .

@vernand @carloswere talking about nose swabs. I'm open to correction but I haven't heard of hospital beds being filled with patients seriously injured or dying from nose swabs. I'm sure the Governing Body would have told us.

10 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:
16 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

@vernand @carloswere talking about nose swabs. I'm open to correction but I haven't heard of hospital beds being filled with patients seriously injured or dying from nose swabs. I'm sure the Governing Body would have told us.

Sorry haven't read the whole conversation, but if the test is about the nose swabs, the kids here at schools in Germany (starting at grade 5) have been giving themselves the nose swabs test 3x a week. Turn swab one way 5 times, then vice versa. They got used to it, and they learn how to do it without feeling pain. Even those who are vaccinated are required to do it, though this might change in the near future according to the political powers here. But no one was injured from it.

Brother Vern/Richard, if you have serious worries and health concerns about the test swabs, then please try and get some research about them and it might not be so bad as perhaps you might be worried about. Just be careful of fake news out there. Best is to ask your doctor who knows your medical history.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

9 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

We must obey the authorities unless it conflicts with Jehovah‘s laws. Jehovah is the one who gave me life and this body, not the authorities! 

Grace, we are discussing a PCR test. They just insert a cotton swab in your nose in order to take a sample. What harm is that going to cause? How is a swab in conflict with Jehovah's laws?

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

Exactly what advice are talking about? 

I refer to encouraging the brother to renounce to his job for refusing a PCR test. We don't know when the end will come, but until it does we will need to pay the rent and pay for food. Jehovah and the Slave are telling us to stop being stubborn and collaborate with the authorities.

4 hours ago, vern said:

I

M insisting...  Why i.m losing my job again..

Evil poeple.

Brother, from your posts you said you suffered some serious health complications in the past from vaccination which is fair enough regarding being unvaccinated, and also wrote you are homeless, and that now you will be losing your job. Have you spoken to your local elders about your situation, and particularly now about your job? Please don't feel you have to handle such situations alone.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

14 minutes ago, carlos said:

I refer to encouraging the brother to renounce to his job for refusing a PCR test. We don't know when the end will come, but until it does we will need to pay the rent and pay for food. Jehovah and the Slave are telling us to stop being stubborn and collaborate with the authorities.

You misinterpreted my post.

My point is that in the very near future, having a job/not having a job will be irrelevant! Or do you think we will all will still be reporting to work everyday until Armegeddon? I think it’s reasonable to conclude that we will not be.