JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I have no problem with the test.

The test can be done with any mucus sample regardless of how you get it.

They want me to use thier swab.... With peer pressure and loss of job....

Its not about the tests.... It can be accurate regardless.

But they want me to stick thier swab up my nose....  I.m not sure why some are blind to the implications.... I think its so evil that poeple can.t see it.

5 minutes ago, vern said:

But they want me to stick thier swab up my nose....  I.m not sure why some are blind to the implications.... I think its so evil that poeple can.t see it.

I asked before already, please explain your issue with the swab, it's a new swab per test after all.

This study found that saliva test was the preferred sample in detecting Omicron. Out of 382 people with symptoms, the saliva test was 100% accurate in detection while the nose swab only 86%. 

Right now FDA is sticking with the nose swab because the research is still ongoing and not peer reviewed.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.22.21268246v1

Also more reading regarding Nose swab vs Saliva test. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220111/nose-throat-covid-test

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

My point is that in the very near future, having a job/not having a job will be irrelevant

In the very near future I won't need a walking stick again, until then I'm keeping it close to hand.

I was offered redundancy in my job that would have meant I didn't have to work for two years. That was five years ago, if I'd taken it I'd have had to get a lower paying job and my family would be in a much worse position now. No one here wants @vern to be in a worse position.

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Or do you think we will all will still be reporting to work everyday until Armegeddon?

Unless directed, or could afford, otherwise I would. In retail I can get food straight off the delivery while shoppers cope with empty shelves. Maybe Jehovah will want me to use this position to feed myself and others then, he certainly does now. I'll see what the future brings but Jehovah doesn't bless stupidity.

I know this is :offtopic:I'll :zipmouth:now.

12 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I think this is true.  Humans (with money) have always tried to show philathropism.

Here is a TED talk from 2015, where Bill is actually saying a lot of truisms - The world is not ready for next outbreak.
He is actually talking about future scenarios based on the Spanish Flu.  He is talking about technological and biological advances that can help with the next outbreak, and the lessons that can be learnt from past outbreaks.  He is talking about logistics on the scale of warfare.  The boosting of medical and health systems in poor countries... (sound familiar?)

Now, he's not a prophet, but he is not predicting anything conspiratorial - this was obvious a lot earlier than the Ebola outbreak.  Hollywood's "Contagion" movie says it all.  Humans have known for a long time what needs to be done to save people, but the leaders that be don't prepare for anything.  Our predicament regarding this pandemic is fulfilling prophesy.  Since it doesn't belong to man who is walking to direct his step, then widespread diseases and pandemics are inevitable.

Dear sister, of all the things to talk about or defend, I really don’t know why you would defend this man?
His philanthropy has made him richer year on year - it’s a very clever way to lobby, influence and make yet more money (while seeming charitable at the same time clever chap)!
he really doesn’t need any more PR.
His Microsoft Windows system works on the premise that you constantly need update patches or pay for upgrades. One system is not good enough, you need the next one….🙄

I am not opining about him personally nor am I saying he is ‘evil’,  I’m only stating facts.

He’s far richer than when he started to ‘give it away’. anyway I digress it’s not that important, I just don’t know why you would bother defending him, like why? I What does he represent to you?

All I know for fact is that he is in places he ought not to be. This thread is about coronavirus. This is not his thing. He sells things. His thing was software updates and it’s now  pharmaceuticals.

(no matter how wonderful TED talks he gives.)

I pray for this individual because Jesus said at Matthew 5:44 “However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you”

so I will pray for him and any other high profile ‘leaders’ or ‘prophets’ of our time that they come to know the true God Jehovah and his Son. 

15 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

I just don’t know why you would bother defending him, like why? I What does he represent to you?

I think that's because conspiracy theorists are obsessed with Bill Gates and accuse him of having to do with the covid pandemic.

I am not particularly for or against Bill Gates, but certainly don't think he's "our enemy" or one of "those who persecute us". He's just an immensely rich man who, for whatever reasons, wants to do something good for humankind. Maybe to be remembered, maybe to appease his conscience, I don't know.

We had an Awake! issue in 2005 that discussed pandemics. It contained this paragraph.

*** g05 12/22 pp. 8-9 Influenza—What We Know Now ***
The medical journal Vaccine reported in 2003: “It has been 35 years since the last influenza pandemic, and the longest interval between pandemics recorded with certainty is 39 years.” The article continued: “The pandemic virus may emerge in China or a nearby country and could include surface antigens or virulence factors derived from animal influenza viruses.”
The Vaccine article predicted concerning the virus: “It will spread rapidly throughout the world. Several waves of infection will occur. Morbidity will be extensive in all age groups, and there will be widespread disruption of social and economic activity in all countries. Excess mortality will be evident in most if not all age groups. It is unlikely that health care systems in even the most economically developed countries will be able to adequately cope with the demand for health care services.”

This proves that donating money for vaccine research doesn't mean that one is involved in the covid pandemic. It was foreseeable that a pandemic like covid would inevitably happen at some point.

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

You misinterpreted my post.

My point is that in the very near future, having a job/not having a job will be irrelevant! Or do you think we will all will still be reporting to work everyday until Armegeddon? I think it’s reasonable to conclude that we will not be.

Personally, I believe (and hope) I'll be reporting to work until I no longer need to. If that's until Armageddon, so be it. But it makes no reasonable sense to blow off a good job *now* because we think the end is nigh. 😐 It could literally be any amount of time in the future- and rent/bills are due EVERY month..

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, carlos said:

. It was foreseeable that a pandemic like covid would inevitably happen at some point.

And predicted the country of origin, that there would be several waves (but people today claim the multitude waves are manufactured), and high morbidly rates among a cross section of ages. I thought I was reading a magazine article from 2022, not 19 years ago. 

Edited by Shawnster

41 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

And predicted the country of origin, that there would be several waves (but people today claim the multitude waves are manufactured), and high morbidly rates among a cross section of ages. I thought I was reading a magazine article from 2022, not 19 years ago. 

Yep

i was familiar with that article …

amazing how the GB faithfully published that insight for us

Edited by Shawnster

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I think it’s interesting that PCR tests in Britain May be ending soon, but for economic reasons, and against the advice of health experts.  I’m sure other governments will also follow suit - loosening mandates and restrictions is called “living with the virus”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/11/uk-treasury-pushes-to-end-most-free-covid-testing-despite-experts-warnings

It is very sad to see some treading the paths of fake news, denialism, disinformation,I wonder about the families who lost their friends and family, if every problem in the world was a covid test or a vaccine to preserve life, the numbers wouldn't be so high. That's what the bible says and the slave always reminds us, Each one will carry their own load of responsibility!  I also add that the responsibility must be and the responsibility not to do evil to your neighbor. 

2 hours ago, FindingJonah said:

Thanks for sharing how safe PCR tests are! That was a nice find and I appreciate your contribution. The information in this Forbes article, for example, clearly shows only 1.24 out of 100,000 people have a damaging reaction to the PCR test. 

Nothing is 100% safe in this system. We all weigh risk vs. reward in our daily lives.  It looks like the risk of PCR testing is quite insignificant. 

Thanks again for sharing. 

2 hours ago, Jonadab said:

It is very sad to see some treading the paths of fake news, denialism, disinformation

It shows that were not immune to Satan's system of things, his efforts to divide people, and the twisted propaganda he puts forth. Praise Jehovah for his faithful and discreet slave, whose leadership is saving lives by telling us that we should follow the admonition to get vaccinated, if possible, wear our masks, practice social distancing, and not be afraid of nasal swabs and testing.

"For the undeserved kindness of God... trains us to reject ungodliness and worldly desires and to live with soundness of mind " - Titus 2:11, 12

I thank God for his training and am delighted to see his people practicing soundness of mind.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

9 hours ago, vern said:

They want me to use thier swab.... With peer pressure and loss of job....

Do you feel their swab is tainted in anyway? Or that you just don't want to use it in your nose, therefore would prefer to use your own and test "other ways?"

Although authority can misuse their power, it would be unwise to conclude all authority are trying to do harm to you and are evil. This could just set yourself up with unnecessary anxiety of scenarios that in the end will never occur. What makes the news about negative results from testing is because it is a rare and that makes it newsworthy.

Of course, if you have suffered from some past traumatic physical/physiological or even psychological experiences, I can understand you trying fiercely to protect yourself, but educate, educate, educate yourself first regarding any methods or testing that have to do with your body so you avoid worrisome thoughts, while telling yourself in the back of your mind not every authority is out to damage you. So if you still decide to refuse some procedure, then at least it's not based on erroneous thoughts or unfounded worries.

Following direction...whether it's the GB, or at our workplace is necessary to survive in this system. Why fight it and in the end hurt yourself when you don't have to?

----------------------------------------------------

The heart is more treacherous* (footnote: deceitful) than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?10 I, Jehovah, am searching the heart,

Examining the innermost thoughts, To give to each one according to his ways, According to the fruitage of his works.- Jeremiah 17:9,10

He has told you, O man, what is good.And what is Jehovah requiring of you? Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty, And to walk in modesty with your God! - Micah 6:8

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

6 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Thanks for sharing how safe PCR tests are! That was a nice find and I appreciate your contribution. The information in this Forbes article, for example, clearly shows only 1.24 out of 100,000 people have a damaging reaction to the PCR test. 

Nothing is 100% safe in this system. We all weigh risk vs. reward in our daily lives.  It looks like the risk of PCR testing is quite insignificant. 

Thanks again for sharing. 

You are welcome. I guess my point was just that. They are mostly safe but there is a risk inserting anything alien into a body.

You and Carlos stated categorically that the tests were safe and could not harm.
The numbers may be small but this is clearly not 100% accurate and I doubt either of you are able to dispense medical advice with such certainty.

I am being pedantic, I know. But Satan seemed to be mostly right when he said
“ … “You certainly will not die” 

But as we know that although Adam and Eve did not drop dead on the spot,, they did in fact die. The truth was what Jehovah had said.

“But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” 

Nothing in the worlds press is truth. It’s all subjective and not absolute truth and it’s up to us to make our own decisions with our bible trained consciences.

And now before the pile on :) please remember language is important to me and in fact everyone.

5 hours ago, FindingJonah said:

And now before the pile on :) please remember language is important to me and in fact everyone.

Well, maybe comparing Shawn and me with Satan was not the kindest approach... :whistling::lol:

5 hours ago, FindingJonah said:
You and Carlos stated categorically that the tests were safe and could not harm.
The numbers may be small but this is clearly not 100% accurate and I doubt either of you are able to dispense medical advice with such certainty.

Michael, we are talking of inserting a swab in your nose, moving it a bit, and taking it out. What are the dangers in that?

In that report you quoted, did you notice what the negative reactions were? A few people had their nose bleed a bit, and in four cases the swab remained stuck in their nose. They were taken to hospital where it was extracted with some tweezers. In my first PCR the nurse inserted the swab a bit too strongly and my nose bled for a few minutes. Nothing life-threatening. In my second test the nurse was more experienced and it was only slightly annoying.

Nobody rejects a PCR test for health reasons. People do it out of stubbornness because they have been influenced by certain media. :)

16 minutes ago, carlos said:

Nobody rejects a PCR test for health reasons. People do it out of stubbornness because they have been influenced by certain media. :)

There is always someone who won't pee in a cup, pluck a hair follicle, or say "ahhhh" so a thermometer can be placed under the tongue, and bending over backwards with such crazy excuses like "they are only trying to get my DNA", or "it's all about control" or "they are trying to spread fear" LOL :lol1:

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!