JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

40 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

My "dancing doctor on TikTok" deals with Pfizer's 9 page report  of adverse effects in less time than it took you to read this. Not worrying.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLfMFUrs/

From mednews regarding the 55,000 pages already released

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/97544

And I got all this in far less time than I'd have wasted on that

Ahem, so not worried.

Funny how now that Dr. Campbell shows concern, his commentary is not to be considered. He was all the rage on here since the beginning of the pandemic. 

17 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59970281

Interesting report about the UK and hopefully how it could be endemic soon. Although the rest of the world, poorer nations that haven’t had the vax is still fully in pandemic stages. It’s not fair that based on where you live you get better medical care, but hey, that’s satans system for you. 

That article was published or last updated in January. The situation in England is slowly evolving if you've been watching the numbers. Many governments are now dismissing it because money and greed is more important than people's lives. 

52 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

My "dancing doctor on TikTok" deals with Pfizer's 9 page report  of adverse effects in less time than it took you to read this. Not worrying.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLfMFUrs/

From mednews regarding the 55,000 pages already released

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/97544

And I got all this in far less time than I'd have wasted on that

Ahem, so not worried.

I’m not sure that you have fully digested what he says. He goes through it line by line.

I and a lot of others, have been seeing this doctor as an “honest broker”. He’s worried. It’s undermining his faith in these medical authorities. 

I don’t see anything in your medpagetoday article that refutes it.

your dancing TikTok doctor is what passes for credible commentary?

im worrieder :) that this is the best rebuttal you can come up with.

Have you personally read the 55000 pages? Are you happy it took a court order to force this release? Are you happy that the safe and effectiveness of this particular medicine. If so how do explain the 50000 + events and the 1200+ deaths in the first 2.5 months? Why no news outlets examining this?

this seemingly earnest doctor is devastated and I for one am concerned.

1 hour ago, runner92 said:

Funny how now that Dr. Campbell shows concern, his commentary is not to be considered. He was all the rage on here since the beginning of the pandemic. 

Thank you for your reply but personally I've tried several of his videos over time and come away unimpressed each time, I just made no reply when people posted his (each reader inserts their own view) videos. But that's just me. For those like yourself, @FindingJonah etc who find him good, that's fine. We all agree with the Faithful and Discreet Slave, but anyone else, it's going to be a matter of looking at all evidence and making our own choice.

This after all is the pattern the Society sets regarding personal health care, entertainment etc that doesn't conflict with Bible principles. The important thing is that it's good for you.

Hello from very sunny Western Australia , one of the very last places on earth (along with NZ, Tonga and Vanuatu) to join you all in this pandemic. Admittedly, though we had our swimmers (bathers) on, we missed most of the first wave, then shut our internal borders and missed the second, third and fourth waves you’ve unfortunately all been surfing. 

In the meantime, we’ve watched and learned, copped ridicule for being “overly cautious), the whole state was even taken to court by a megalomaniac billionaire miner who wasn’t allowed into the state, but I digress. 

And now, with Omicron finally breaking through our defences, we’ve joined the rest of Australia and the world in this ocean of covid. 

What are we seeing? The crest is nearing the peak soon, with hospital numbers following in about a couple of weeks after that, predicting 450 deaths total from modelling. If that is right, and I’ll report how that goes, though so far the modelling figures are pretty spot on. 

I think that shows that our vaccination rates (95% double dosed, nearly 70% triple dosed, and the timing of those vaccinations plus learning from the experience of the rest of the world about better and better treatments and strict mandates on masks, social distancing and border closures have all contributed to a better outcome. It takes all approaches to manage this pandemic. 

But humans can’t consistently give good sensible advice that has helped manage the virus before (eg quarantining). Humans balk at their “rights” being abused. People  lose trust in authority. So, we just do what’s worked and trust the right authorities - Jehovah and his Son. We aren’t going to squabble over vaccinations now are we?

1 hour ago, FindingJonah said:

He’s worried. It’s undermining his faith in these medical authorities. 

He was negative long before this. As I said above I have looked at his other videos, saw flaws in what he said and eventually decided he wasn't getting more of my time or advertising revenue.

"I and a lot of others, have been seeing this doctor as an “honest broker”.

So long as he doesn't contradict the faithful slave then that is up to you.

your dancing TikTok doctor is what passes for credible commentary?

So why is a doctor you like credible but a doctor who's message you dislike doesn't 'pass for credible commentary'?

She's a fully trained doctor who's previous posts have been short, to the point, and,absolutely most importantly, been verifiable with other sources. But I would encourage you to be sceptical if you don't know her skills better hence the other article "by the mouth of two witnesses" and all that.

Are you happy it took a court order to force this release?

Are you happy that the safe and effectiveness of this particular medicine.

For the first quote, since the article show's why they weren't being released sooner yes I am.

For the second quote

Yes, the lesser reason is because I've actually looked at the various articles published. The more important reason is because the Governing Body recommends the Vaccine.

If so how do explain the 50000 + events and the 1200+ deaths in the first 2.5 months? Why no news outlets examining this

News articles have been reporting adverse reactions and even deaths since the Vaccine's were only in clinical trial. Claiming they weren't is ... inaccurate. These vaccines are possibly the most studied medicine ever because of the number of doses given. This is also why, as reported repeatedly in the MSM the different national regulatory bodies have kept adjusting their guidance.

Keep watching him if its good for  you, I won't make a reply the next time someone posts one of his videos, and each will decide whether it's worth their time watching him.

2 hours ago, Luisabola said:

I think I read somewhere that Dr Campbell isn’t even a doctor. He was a nurse and a teacher? I think. Obviously intelligent to be able to interpret the data as he does, but not trained as a doctor. 

That's right, specifically an A+E nurse and he taught nurses. However I would not in any way consider this to make him some how less than a "real doctor", the hard work and medical knowledge that nurses are involved in demands respect (I'm not suggesting anyone here would think that, just saying it as something we all agree on) .

BTW, it's also estimated he earns at least 4.3 million dollars per year on his YouTube channel, that also takes real work. 

https://www.networthspot.com/dr-john-campbell/net-worth/

1 minute ago, Dustparticle said:

I had a funny feeling it was increasing. It always goes like a roller coaster.

Everytime GB says in person meetings are being possible, it rises. Weird...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It is weird, yet it seem that so far this virus has a roller coaster patten. Does anybody see this?

Absolutely. You're completely correct, I've been following that since before Omicron (someone else pointed it out to me). Both on a global level and in individual country levels  using the worldometer site and looking at cases and deaths from start to now it's a series of erratic waves. 

Now, I believe that Jehovah's direction is behind this resuming of in person meetings which means so long as we follow direction we'll be fine. But I don't think the roller coaster ride is over yet. 

China is facing its biggest COVID-19 outbreak since 2020

The novel coronavirus continues to spread throughout China in massive waves.:wacko:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2022/3/11/22972847/new-china-covid-19-outbreak-wuhan-wave-2020-pandemic%3f_amp=true

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

9 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

China is facing its biggest COVID-19 outbreak since 2020

The novel coronavirus continues to spread throughout China in massive waves.:wacko:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2022/3/11/22972847/new-china-covid-19-outbreak-wuhan-wave-2020-pandemic%3f_amp=true

Oh my this never ends! 

Confirmation of an AY.4/BA.1 recombinant first detected in France

First solid evidence for a Delta-Omicron recombinant virus has been shared by Institut Pasteur via GISAID (EPI_ISL_10819657 incl. raw reads). The analysis provides definite confirmation of the structure of a recombinant virus derived from the GK/AY.4 and GRA/BA.1 lineages.

This recombinant virus identified in several regions of France by the EMERGEN consortium has been circulating since early January 2022 and genomes with a similar profile have been also identified in Denmark and The Netherlands. Further investigations are needed to determine if these recombinants derive from a single common ancestor or could result from multiple similar recombination events.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Why are many countries in Europe starting to ascend again?
✓ Relaxed mitigation measures
✓ BA.2's higher transmission
✓ Waning of immunity
There's no clear or consistent pattern to determine which (or all) of these factors are driving it; no new variants have been implicated