JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Covid 19. Time to move on I’d say, my whole family got covid 19 last week. We live with our in laws and they have underlying health issues but they seemed to recover quite well as they had 3 booster shots. I hope they get rid of the mask at the meetings in the next couple of months as it’s getting old and extremely annoying. It’s not covid fatigue it’s now time to move on after 2years.

1 hour ago, Godskingdomrules said:

Covid 19. Time to move on I’d say, my whole family got covid 19 last week. We live with our in laws and they have underlying health issues but they seemed to recover quite well as they had 3 booster shots. I hope they get rid of the mask at the meetings in the next couple of months as it’s getting old and extremely annoying. It’s not covid fatigue it’s now time to move on after 2years.

Covid 19  is on the rise again

We had a huge cruise ship come into port. Huge. I’m surprised it could get in! Anyway, someone at the bank, said they’d bring a boatload of money. I said, “yeah”, Covid too. He said we will probable give it to them!

True, last week 169 new cases. And, people are still dying. Not as many, but, still…

We still wear our mask when we go out. Not many still do…

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 5/3/2022 at 8:01 AM, Dustparticle said:

Covid 19  is on the rise again

A sister that attended our Tuesday meeting tested positve today. She had taken a self test on Tuesday it was negative and concluded she was suffering from hayfever. Got sicker that night, got tested a a clinic this morning and is positive.

52 exposed. Inperson meeting for Sunday canceled. At least if there are no further infections we are down to a just five day isolation.

My am still avoiding inperson meetings. Gertrude has been attending in person but after a day of doctors appoinments (mine) she stayed at home last night.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We had a young brother that was on Zoom last night. One of the sisters in the K H said, “It’s strange to not see you here at the meeting, your family is here.” 

He replied that “a couple coworkers had tested positive for covid so I thought it best to be cautious.”

I’m like….why did his wife and 2 babies go to the Hall since they’ve been around him? 🤦‍♀️ 

I’m like glad I wasn’t there. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The BOE just came to a unfied conclusion, Zoom meeting this Sunday.

An elder just posted  this: "Just an observation but all the girls (Including the covid victum) sat together last night and joined hands fo the prayer." :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We planned a vacation to Portugal this past school Spring holidays, where we would catch the Memorial on Zoom (at the time of booking we were still meeting 100% on Zoom). The week before we were scheduled to leave on our flight, our congregation was meeting altogether with our 2 language groups (that normally meet separately) for that MWM. Well, we opted to stay home and watch the meeting over Zoom, just in case. Turns out that was a good decision for our family and before leaving for Portugal. At that MWM, someone was indeed positive with corona, and the ones who were around this person were later informed. I haven't heard anyone else catching it from that meeting, but it's not really advertised who has corona when someone is positive. I think it almost impacted meeting together for the Memorial at the KH, but it worked out where they could go to the KH in person in the end. But hybrid meetings are truly a blessing because life as it is right now with corona is so uncertain. 

So again it must be reiterated if someone is displaying flu-like symptoms, or have other personal reasons, then watch over Zoom, and don't feel bad. I think especially parents have to be more conscious if their children have a slight sniffle or a cough, then to remember to stay home, especially if their child doesn't like wearing masks. I think one single mother forgot at our last meeting as both of her children were displaying a slight cold, runny nose, a little cough, and weren't wearing masks, and the KH was full again.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Old said:

The BOE just came to a unfied conclusion, Zoom meeting this Sunday.

An elder just posted  this: "Just an observation but all the girls (Including the covid victum) sat together last night and joined hands fo the prayer." :(

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but don’t families normally sit together?  And many hold hands…

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but don’t families normally sit together?  And many hold hands…

Nothing specificaly wrong with holding hands during prayer. ( *** w64 4/1 p. 203 par. 12 
These were not sisters in the flesh, just a group of friends. My post commenting of the close exposre due to the hand holding

Edited by Old

5 hours ago, Old said:

elder just posted  this: "Just an observation but all the girls (Including the covid victum) sat together last night and joined hands fo the prayer." 

Sorry Brother Jerry, I know laughter probably wasn't the best response but I have noticed that you can watch and tell who's likely to get Covid. There's a lovely family in a neighbouring congregation, wife is a theatre nurse, I saw they weren't being cautious with guests and wasn't surprised a few weeks later when they all caught covid after visiting a Witness family. I'm just glad they all made a full recovery but I'm still wearing my mask in public. 

Korean gov now allows all pedestrians to take off masks.. masks required only indoors yet no one including non-jws is taking their masks off..

many benefits to wearing one. No cold, avoid polluted air.. you become invisible.. (cause no one notices you.. if they didn’t, notices you less)etc. 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

6 hours ago, Old said:

52 exposed. Inperson meeting for Sunday canceled

A neighboring congregation had a potential exposure and went back to Zoom for a couple meetings just as a precaution.

My family and I attended a rock concert a couple Saturdays ago that had 9000 in attendance. We stayed home Sunday and connected via Zoom just in case we picked something up there.

So far, I've managed to dodge this virus altogether. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!