JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Daphne said:

I wonder do you think we are exposed to every variant but some we are immune to?

I had not thought about that.

Yes 

some variants give protection against others.

I give here a few examples:

WA1 (original) gave protection against Beta Alpha and Delta

BA.1 gave protection against Delta and BA.2.

Now… none of other variants gives protection against BA.5

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Sars-1 went away.

Because it didn’t spread like sars2

Sars cov 2 is Worldwide spread. So it will not go way like sars1. If it gets milder and milder it won’t stimulate antibodies.

science says that each time we catch covid our imunity gets weaker

That’s the reason In some individuals with other dorment viruses to get long covid or other illnesses associated with  herpes or Epstein Barr virus.

children with previous covid that catch adenovirus afterwards get severe liver disease. Some die eventually.

this is insane. We need the Kingdom fast

but Jehovah knows the time best

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

21 hours ago, leoperales said:

Deep down in me I was thinking that the GB would decide no more in-person regional conventions after our experiences during these past 2 years with the virtual RC’s. Think of the $ saved from not having to rent large convention centers or other venues. Transporting of the audio/visual equipment to different cities. The time saved by not having to have the Audio/Visual training sessions and ingress/egress of the equipment on assembly week.

There were just so many benefits to having the RC via virtual given by the GB and their helpers. Personally these two years have been the best and I’ve really enjoyed the convention program since I don’t have to worry about working a department during the convention and missing the program. But with yesterday’s announcement, I guess not.

We can't be without work in Jehovah's Organization, and Jehovah will give us something to do. The pandemic gave us a break, but it's clear Jehovah never intended any permanent change to just go online. Perhaps our opposers felt that, but they were wrong 😊

10 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

A record number of new cases of Covid are being reported. :( 

And an ever greater number is NOT being reported…

This study shows that the expression of a certain gene makes the individual intrinsically resistant to covid

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41588-022-01113-z

13 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

You mean currently, since you just got over it for the 3rd time, right?

Yes I have antibodies against sars cov 2

The question is: for how long?

i have never developed antibodies the previous infections (WA1 & BA.1)

by the way I did a check up yesterday and my body is back to normal 😁

nornal leukocytes liver and kidneys 

Edited by Sofia

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Yes I have antibodies against sars cov 2

The question is: for how long?

i have never developed antibodies the previous infections (WA1 & BA.1)

by the way I did a check up yesterday and my body is back to normal 😁

nornal leukocytes liver and kidneys 

What has been your treatment when you've had Covid?

Did you take suppliments to help your body return to normal?

14 minutes ago, Daphne said:

What has been your treatment when you've had Covid?

Did you take suppliments to help your body return to normal?

I took several  vitamins plus

tea tree oil

oregon oil

black cumin oil

tylenol for fever

Immune Escape is the driving force behind the record number of people being hospitalized with Covid.

Reinfection, with Omicron BA.5, can, and does, occur in as little as 28 days from recovery from 

a previous strain of Covid. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Immune Escape is the driving force behind the record number of people being hospitalized with Covid.

Reinfection, with Omicron BA.5, can, and does, occur in as little as 28 days from recovery from 

a previous strain of Covid. :( 

Yes

and in Portugal we are having “daughters “ from BA.5 😖😖😖

BC143DA3-CD52-4C30-8502-8875AE38DBDA.jpeg

I just found out my brother is really sick with Covid,I don't know which variant , he's 67 years old ,he has had the vaccine and all the boosters.He doesn't have any underlying health issues.He has Covid pneumonia really bad.I'm very concerned about him.

It seems like many are getting sick again.I had hoped he was immune.

51 minutes ago, Daphne said:

I just found out my brother is really sick with Covid,I don't know which variant , he's 67 years old ,he has had the vaccine and all the boosters.He doesn't have any underlying health issues.He has Covid pneumonia really bad.I'm very concerned about him.

It seems like many are getting sick again.I had hoped he was immune.

There´s no immunity against BA.5 

BA.5 is not able to cause pneumonia by it self like Delta was.

But it cuts down our WBC to half! 

Half immune cells may enable fungal/bacterial pneumonia. Seek medical assistance asap.

Get well fast :) 

Why is Omicron not affecting the lungs?

The strong characteristic nasal tropism but less apparent lung tropism of the Omicron variant.

Inability to replicate in the lungs VS wildtype or other VOCs

This is why we will NOT see many intubated for Omicron!

https://pesquisa.bvsalud.org/global-literature-on-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov/resource/pt/covidwho-1661972?lang=en

The urgent need for nasal vaccines as i have pointed out before

worth to read:

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/its-the-virus-stupid?r=1m1eqk&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

I like this slide from Dr. John Campbell's video from 7/23/2022 from a study in Qatar.

John Campbell slide 07232022.jpg

Edited by AH173

edit

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

I like this slide from Dr. John Campbell's video from 7/23/2022 from a study in Qatar.

John Campbell slide 07232022.jpg

I had BA.1 and... my BA.5 infection was no pic nic :(

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I had BA.1 and... my BA.5 infection was no pic nic :(

Sorry to hear that. 

I was surprised that after what my wife ( she's 4 shot Pfizer} got, all I had was very mild 48 hour headache and moderate body ache pains for similar time. After having myself going through 4 shots of Moderna. And elderly mother in law with 4 shots of Pfizer had no symptoms either. 

I hope his research figures are good. My hybrid immunity and rest of us are in home would have been enhanced from what wife was exposed to. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

9 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Sorry to hear that. 

I was surprised that after what my wife ( she's 4 shot Pfizer} got, all I had was very mild 48 hour headache and moderate body ache pains for similar time. After having myself going through 4 shots of Moderna. And elderly mother in law with 4 shots of Pfizer had no symptoms either. 

I hope his research figures are good. My hybrid immunity and rest of us are in home would have been enhanced from what wife was exposed to. 

The immunity against sars cov 2 remains a mistery and it’s also genetic 

a study reveals a innate resistance to this coronavirus if you have this gene:

OAS1 haplotype

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41588-022-01113-z

good to hear your experience ☺️

This week:  My mother had heart surgery today (she's good and fine 😊).

Monday, two of my brothers were at Mom's house fixing plumbing, TV, etc. to help her recuperation. I flew out to Chicago yesterday to be with her and help my sister.  We got news that afternoon that Michael has C-19 - the fever, sore throat, coughing  etc. He was one of the brothers who was at Mom's on Monday and stayed the night with her. 😳  He's also on her DPA.. but now can't come to hospital. My youngest brother who was with him is self-quarantining, but won't get tested... Thank Jehovah Mom tested negative yesterday and today. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Today, my oldest brother calls, saying he's being sent home from work early because there's an outbreak on his job. He has to get a test tomorrow to prove negativity. Unfortunately, he's a vaccine/ Covid denier, barely has the first two shots, refuses the boosters coz it's all a liberal scam. 🙄😒

Anyway- my sister and I are with Mom, infection free. It's been a stressful week.