JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

11 hours ago, zoebarry said:

the @US_FDA just advised people to perform repeat/serial testing following a negative result on any at-home #COVID19 antigen test, regardless **whether or not you have symptoms**. ➡️This now also totally destroys @CDCDirector’s bogus @CDCgov 5-day zero-test-exit rule.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It's still treated more cautiously over here in Australia:
https://www.health.gov.au/news/ahppc-statement-on-covid-19-winter-update-and-ongoing-health-protection-measures-to-support-our-community

The AHPPC reiterates the shared responsibility of individuals, employers and governments in minimising the impact of COVID-19. There are a range of health behaviours all Australians can undertake to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, protect the community, in particular those most at risk, and protect our health system and essential services, such as:

Staying up to date with your vaccinations

• The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation recommends that adults aged 50 to 64 years receive a winter booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults aged 30 to 49 years can also now receive a winter booster dose
  • Wearing a mask outside your home when in crowded, indoor environments including on public transport.  This is important to protect yourself and others.
  • Ensuring indoor spaces are well ventilated
  • Staying home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, and get tested
  • If you have any symptoms, are at higher risk of severe illness and have a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result, seek a PCR test to confirm whether or not you have COVID-19 so you can access oral treatments for COVID-19 if eligible.
  • Not attending high-risk settings such as health care (unless seeking treatment), aged care and disability settings or correctional facilities if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild
  • Practising good respiratory and hand hygiene

We are in winter of course, and have had high cases of flu and other respiratory infections. No mandates though, just firm suggestions.

The impact of BA.5 in Australia is different from other countries. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, blue-jay said:

I'm confused. Does previous infection and immunization give you protection or not? 🤔

Yes,  but it's like putting on armour and going into battle,  you're less likely to die but you can still be battered and injured. 

I'll leave it to others to express it more scientifically. 

2 hours ago, blue-jay said:

I'm confused. Does previous infection and immunization give you protection or not? 🤔

At this point it’s hard to trust to previous infections to give you imunity 

its like vaccines. It only prevents you from getting serious illness 

Avoid completely the new infections it’s not happening anymore 🙄🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Sofia

16 hours ago, blue-jay said:

Yes. Previous infection and/or immunization will give you a measure of protection. You will be statistically less likely to end up in a hospital or die.

However, neither of these means that you can't catch it again at some future time. 

Basically, it's like many other respiratory viruses. You catch it and get sick. You get over it. Then, for a period of time after recovering you cannot catch it again, but that will wear off over time and then you will be susceptible again.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thursday MWM several people put out their hands to shake, I continue to use the Elbow.

Friday slight sore throat, nothing to worry about.

Satuday morning WHUMP! Bedridden.

Sunday Go for test which comes back Covid positive. Obviously my family and I are doing our worship in different rooms today .

I fully agree we don't need to "live in fear", but for God's sake don't be bloody stupid either.

I was a bit disappointed with the announcements last Wednesday and again today about the mask announcement, as soon as the brother mentioned mask I thought sweet this might be the announcement where we don’t have to wear masks. But I was wrong the branch said it is strongly encouraged to continue wearing mask, I was a bit disappointed because I have a great disdain for wearing mask I can’t stand it. But after the assembly symposium today I thought hey that guy is so me. Still though I wonder how long will mask wearing last since this pandemic is endemic, we will always have colds and flus same with covid 19.

2 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

I have a great disdain for wearing mask I can’t stand it.

Same here. I'm wearing them because that's what the slave says but it seems to be getting harder.

2 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

I wonder how long will mask wearing last

I and an older man are the only ones in my department wearing masks. Now I'm sick it is such a good feeling to know I did what I could to minimize the risk to them. Honestly I am starting to wonder will we soon be getting Armageddon pictures with people wearing masks, but I'm holding out hope for next year. Wait till we get announcements for next year's regional convention.

10 minutes ago, vern said:

Imo.   Don.t use the cheap ones.  They look like fibers will come off them.

I've had cheap ones that were good for a single use. I usually hang mine on the review mirror to use again at the next meeting but the cheap ones will have a piece of fluff that starts tickling my nose, lol.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

And just like the scriptures said, things are going from bad to worse, including pandemics:

“Disease outbreaks are now happening at an increasing rate with fewer years between them and more outbreaks that spread across several continents. 

"There's clear research evidence now that, particularly for viruses, the number of pathogen emergence events that lead to outbreaks, epidemics and pandemics has increased over the last century," said University of Tasmania disease ecologist and epidemiologist Dr Scott Carver. 

Dr Carver said there were many reasons outbreaks were becoming more common, including increased human contact with wild animals due to deforestation, population growth, climate change, the wild animal trade and expansion of farming land. 

Some scientists believe zoonotic spillover events (when a disease-causing organism in animals jumps into humans) have likely triggered every viral pandemic since the start of the 20th century.”

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/a-pandemic-worse-than-covid-19-could-strike-within-a-decade-these-steps-would-help-us-cope/t0xvb0hmt?dlbl=[2022/08/14] del_newswkend_bau&did=DM16464&cid=sbsnews:edm:acnewswe:relation:news:na:na

Are. We. There. Yet.

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Dr Carver said there were many reasons outbreaks were becoming more common, including increased human contact with wild animals due to deforestation, population growth, climate change, the wild animal trade and expansion of farming land. 

Pretty much what you stated, that scientists have said that humans are behind every pandemic, and there are still thousands of viruses we haven’t been exposed to yet and every time we put a road in where there is wildlife habitat, we start to get exposed to more viruses.

They clear so much forest just to raise livestock to sell, but what they don’t realize is that viruses travel from wildlife to livestock to humans and bam we have a situation.

Same thing on how HIV started, came from logging camps eating hung bush meat.

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

There's clear research evidence now that, particularly for viruses, the number of pathogen emergence events that lead to outbreaks, epidemics and pandemics has increased over the last century,"

You're reseach got a 🏆

The implications of your research got a head in hands with a "And it's only going to get worse"

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

Interesting that the Slave told us to keep the mask during meetings when one could think that we are safer and safer. The Slave is really ahead.

"We urgently need to achieve population-wide respiratory mucosa immunity" to break the chain of transmission of Covid and achieve containment of the virus
Our Operation Nasal Vaccine essay published @SciImmunology today:

1367F84D-5614-4279-B7F0-262C45E12235.jpeg

2C42CB25-EF06-4B07-AE59-A152B7AD2C40.jpeg

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

79CE0AD1-4318-47D2-B4BA-8B1F4ECBC617.png

This is true. after 4 boosts the imune system doesnt respond any longer and may start to destroy the body instead.