JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

My oldest daughter has just tested positive to covid (4th time). She is unvaccinated, but obviously had built up some immunity over this time.  Interestingly, she didn’t pick up that the symptoms she was experiencing this time were covid - an excruciating splitting migraine-like headache like nothing she’s ever experienced before, with accompanying non-stop nausea, chills, and a bit of sneezing, with a nasally sounding voice (congestion).

This lines up with the latest information from “the Zoe Health Study found. The study, run by scientists at Harvard and Stanford universities, is based on data submitted by U.S. and U.K. participants logging in their symptoms via an app for research purposes.”

COVID symptoms aren’t what they used to be. Here’s how they’ve changed over time, and what they look like now:

No longer loss of taste and smell as a prominent symptom, but “sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, persistent cough, and headache are now the most common symptoms of COVID among the fully vaccinated.

Symptoms that are common presently among those who had one vaccine dose include headache, runny nose, sore throat, sneezing, and persistent cough. Symptoms among the unvaccinated are very similar but include fever instead of sneezing, and a sore throat more often than a runny nose.”

https://fortune.com/well/2022/10/25/what-are-new-covid-symptoms-omicron-how-have-covid-symptoms-changed-loss-taste-smell-fever-cough-sneeze-runny-nose-congestion-shortness-breath/

Sort of explains her massive headache, and why she didn’t expect it to be covid, compared to the other times she's had it. So symptoms can change, something to be aware of, especially with the newer variants that have popped up now - XBB, BQ 1.1 and the B2 sub-lineages.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-03/australia-warned-to-prepare-for-another-covid-19-wave/101611598

36 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

My oldest daughter has just tested positive to covid (4th time). She is unvaccinated, but obviously had built up some immunity over this time.  Interestingly, she didn’t pick up that the symptoms she was experiencing this time were covid - an excruciating splitting migraine-like headache like nothing she’s ever experienced before, with accompanying non-stop nausea, chills, and a bit of sneezing, with a nasally sounding voice (congestion).

This lines up with the latest information from “the Zoe Health Study found. The study, run by scientists at Harvard and Stanford universities, is based on data submitted by U.S. and U.K. participants logging in their symptoms via an app for research purposes.”

COVID symptoms aren’t what they used to be. Here’s how they’ve changed over time, and what they look like now:

No longer loss of taste and smell as a prominent symptom, but “sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, persistent cough, and headache are now the most common symptoms of COVID among the fully vaccinated.

Symptoms that are common presently among those who had one vaccine dose include headache, runny nose, sore throat, sneezing, and persistent cough. Symptoms among the unvaccinated are very similar but include fever instead of sneezing, and a sore throat more often than a runny nose.”

https://fortune.com/well/2022/10/25/what-are-new-covid-symptoms-omicron-how-have-covid-symptoms-changed-loss-taste-smell-fever-cough-sneeze-runny-nose-congestion-shortness-breath/

Sort of explains her massive headache, and why she didn’t expect it to be covid, compared to the other times she's had it. So symptoms can change, something to be aware of, especially with the newer variants that have popped up now - XBB, BQ 1.1 and the B2 sub-lineages.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-03/australia-warned-to-prepare-for-another-covid-19-wave/101611598

So sorry 😢 

may she recover quickly

She may experience brain fog as well

i did and it was very upsetting

vertigo also

hugs 🤗 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 2 weeks later...

I personally chose not to be vaccinated and only had Covid once. It was a mild headache one day followed by a sore throat for a few days. My mate had it more than once, also unvaccinated, but only experienced tiredness. No adverse affects from not being vaccinated, I never tested positive that second time.

There is new research that seems to indicate that multiple infections from covid could result in additional health issues

Why Getting COVID-19 Multiple Times Is Risky For Your Health | Time

In a study published in Nature Medicine, researchers report that COVID-19 reinfections could be taking a toll on some important organ systems. That risk applies to both short-term and long-term health effects, says Dr. Ziyad Al-Aly, clinical epidemiologist at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, and the study’s senior author.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

23 minutes ago, Qapla said:

There is new research that seems to indicate that multiple infections from covid could result in additional health issues

Why Getting COVID-19 Multiple Times Is Risky For Your Health | Time

This is true. 

I have been telling this often.

Its best to avoid infection because it weakens the body every time. Specially if the re-infections are in a few months apart :( There´s leukocytes deployment leading to weaken imune system. The more or less severe cytokine storm that may be triggered will cause different issues according to each individual. Cloths bleeding headaches fatigue muscle pain intestinal dysbiosis brain fog among a few.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Interesting article. So far my family and I haven’t caught COVID, which led me to wonder why. Plus I know some who never caught it, whereas I know others who continue to get re-infected and are dealing with ongoing health issues.

Why Do Some People Never Get COVID-19?

https://www.verywellhealth.com/never-covid-cohort-5223057

• Researchers are trying to understand why some people never get COVID-19 despite exposure.
  • One study is exploring whether genetic factors play a role in making someone immune to the virus.
  • Another study investigated preexisting immunity, potentially brought on by infections with other coronaviruses.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Has anyone in the category who ‘never caught covid’ been taking daily vitamins and supplements? 

The reverse also, has anyone who has had recurrent infection from covid take daily vitamins and supplements and despite such continue to get reinfected? Or are daily vitamins and supplements not in the picture?

I think the main ones are zinc, vitamin c, vitamin D/k2.

🤓

- Read the Bible daily 

9 hours ago, Woanders said:

Has anyone in the category who ‘never caught covid’ been taking daily vitamins and supplements? 

The reverse also, has anyone who has had recurrent infection from covid take daily vitamins and supplements and despite such continue to get reinfected? Or are daily vitamins and supplements not in the picture?

I think the main ones are zinc, vitamin c, vitamin D/k2.

🤓

Yes, I have been taking zinc, vitamin c, D/k2, and quercetin w/bromelain. I also use doTERRA' s On Guard along with my regular supplements. When Taking the On Guard I up it in the winter months. I also have glutathione and NAC on hand. 

Our family has managed to avoid getting Covid. My wife does take vitamins every day - I do not. I have high blood pressure and take medication for that.

We all have been working the entire time. Having been considered as "essential service", we all worked jobs that required that our daily routine never stopped even at the height of Covid. We all live in the same house. I work outside, mostly by myself, so I did not have much contact with people on a daily basis. My wife used to work in a warehouse and was able to avoid coworkers for the most part. My daughters service grocery stores on a daily basis and encountered people at every store. Most of the stores they service had people get Covid - even people they had to deal with during check-in.

That said, we all wore masks, used hand sanitizer, did not go out for recreation or eat out. We took all the precautions the Branch recommended. We are all fully vaccinated.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have never had Covid.  My husband has had it once.  He also got the flue around 6-8 weeks after Covid and he said the flue was worse.  He usually gets the flue each year where I cannot remember the last time I had it.  I take vitamins daily and am also on medication for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  We are experiencing a 4th wave here downunder.  I’m going to go and get my 4th vaccine.  I have noticed mask wearing has increased.  I am thinking of going back to wearing a mask shopping. At the Drs surgery last week I was surprised, I had to wear a mask.  All staff were wearing masks.  I live in a town dubbed the anti vaccine capital of Australia.  My husband was to go and look at a job today in town but it got postponed because the client has covid.  Our apprentice was off work last week with covid.  So all in all if I don’t want to catch it, its time to be vigilant again.  

2 hours ago, Sandyds61 said:

Yes, I have been taking zinc, vitamin c, D/k2, and quercetin w/bromelain. I also use doTERRA' s On Guard along with my regular supplements. When Taking the On Guard I up it in the winter months. I also have glutathione and NAC on hand. 

Great and has such prevented you from catching Covid?

- Read the Bible daily 

I use On Guard in Everclear vodka (190 proof) as a hand sanitizer as  well as in my diffuser in my home. I believe that its another layer of protection that can be applied. There's no magic bullet but with anything we decide to do its just another way we can prevent our chances of getting Covid.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Haaa haaa! Drink it? Not on your life! Its seriously nasty and you could die very easily if you drink that stuff. But as a sanitizer its great, I used to use it in the motel for the remote, door handles, toilet, faucet etc when I HAD to stay in one.

And when you add OnGuard - boom! A strong sanitizer.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Haaa haaa! Drink it? Not on your life! Its seriously nasty and you could die very easily if you drink that stuff.

I will relate my experience, but whatever you do, do not do this!

When my youngest brother was born (on the same day as me but 13 years later) I was at my grandfather's place when we received the call just after midnight. After my grandfather had put the phone down, he went to the special cabinet where he had his special liqueurs and pulled out a bottle of either blackberry or blackcurrent schnapps (it was dark as dark and was homemade by one of his friends), a bottle of rectified spirit similar to your Everclear, but was probably a Polish vodka which was my grandfather's preference. He pulled out 3 shot glasses (one for myself, and two for him) filled the shot glasses with the vodka and then added just a drop of the schnapps to colour and flavour the vodka.

He handed one to me and said "After counting to drei (3 in German), take a deep breathe in, then throw the shot in your mouth and swallow, then wait 10 seconds and then breathe out slowly. But then slowly breathe in your next breath and slowly out again. If you don't do this properly, you will be in hospital with your mother".

"OK" I said.

"Eine, zwei, drei" We took our breathe, threw the shot of vodka into the back of the mouth, swallowed it, waited for 10 seconds, then slowly breathed out. It felt as though I was breathing fire when I released my breathe out, My chest then started felling very warm, and it slowly got hotter when I started to breathe in slowly, then I exhaled slowly as well. I did about two or three breathes, then my head got very light and then I passed out. That was the only time I had ever been knocked out with alcohol. My grandfather had two shots and he too must had passed out, as we were both on the family room lounge when we were awoken by my grandmother that morning, and she was really going off at my grandfather in German, as I knew a few of the words that I cannot say here.

That was the only time I did this with my grandfather, as he only did this on very rare special occasions. And you may also been thinking, how old was I? The first sentence says it all, but like some here especially with European heritage, it is not uncommon for teenagers to have wine or beer at the meal table with the family. So I had been used to drinking full strength beers by this stage, as usually it was the bottom half from my grandmothers beer bottle, as she used to make a shandy using soda water (she found the beers too strong in taste) and gave me the balance of what she didn't used, which usually just one half bottle or two if it was very warm or if we were having a BBQ.

57 minutes ago, Pabo said:

I will relate my experience, but whatever you do, do not do this!

When my youngest brother was born (on the same day as me but 13 years later) I was at my grandfather's place when we received the call just after midnight. After my grandfather had put the phone down, he went to the special cabinet where he had his special liqueurs and pulled out a bottle of either blackberry or blackcurrent schnapps (it was dark as dark and was homemade by one of his friends), a bottle of rectified spirit similar to your Everclear, but was probably a Polish vodka which was my grandfather's preference. He pulled out 3 shot glasses (one for myself, and two for him) filled the shot glasses with the vodka and then added just a drop of the schnapps to colour and flavour the vodka.

He handed one to me and said "After counting to drei (3 in German), take a deep breathe in, then throw the shot in your mouth and swallow, then wait 10 seconds and then breathe out slowly. But then slowly breathe in your next breath and slowly out again. If you don't do this properly, you will be in hospital with your mother".

"OK" I said.

"Eine, zwei, drei" We took our breathe, threw the shot of vodka into the back of the mouth, swallowed it, waited for 10 seconds, then slowly breathed out. It felt as though I was breathing fire when I released my breathe out, My chest then started felling very warm, and it slowly got hotter when I started to breathe in slowly, then I exhaled slowly as well. I did about two or three breathes, then my head got very light and then I passed out. That was the only time I had ever been knocked out with alcohol. My grandfather had two shots and he too must had passed out, as we were both on the family room lounge when we were awoken by my grandmother that morning, and she was really going off at my grandfather in German, as I knew a few of the words that I cannot say here.

That was the only time I did this with my grandfather, as he only did this on very rare special occasions. And you may also been thinking, how old was I? The first sentence says it all, but like some here especially with European heritage, it is not uncommon for teenagers to have wine or beer at the meal table with the family. So I had been used to drinking full strength beers by this stage, as usually it was the bottom half from my grandmothers beer bottle, as she used to make a shandy using soda water (she found the beers too strong in taste) and gave me the balance of what she didn't used, which usually just one half bottle or two if it was very warm or if we were having a BBQ.

Jason, my brother, in no way am I condoning consumption of killer alcohol. On the contrary I said that if you do consume such vile intoxicants you would suffer badly. 

Your experience proves the destructive power of intoxicants. I'm sad you had such an experience  but my post is about sterilizers, sanitizers. We want to kill germs not people. Whatever we can do to kill germs is what I will look for. 

1 hour ago, Pabo said:

she was really going off at my grandfather in German, as I knew a few of the words that I cannot say here.

My dad used to use a few choice Polish words he thought we didn't know the meaning of, until my 3 year old brother used the correct word in the right place! My mother wasn't thrilled 😂

34 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I'm sad you had such an experience

Was it a bad experience for me? Not really, as I was prepared for it, but also, from my grandfather's knowledge of spirits, I have learned to tell whether a particular spirit tastes or feels like. Thus also, the quality of the product and he knowing it, he knew that it was safe, as long as you knew how to drink it. So when it comes say drinking vodka, to most people will they say they cannot taste anything, whereas I have learnt the subtleties and differences that there is to the various vodka's that are produced and their ingredients.

Would I do it again? Definitely no. But if someone who was making their homebrew, I can pick out what to notice and how strong it can be before I decide to consume it.

There is a use for rectified spirit, and it is usually for cooking or making liqueurs etc, but generally not for straight drinking. We have a 60% v/vol Cointreau liqueur bottle that we use when we make specific icings or when we make certain desserts, as the higher alcohol does allow the flavour to be more accentuated than the normal Cointreau liqueur, and we can use less as well. Or when it is used in icings, that it will evaporate more quickly to give a crispier icing, but with an intense flavour. But even still, there is a slight difference in the flavour of the normal liqueur and that of the concentrated when mixed at the even alcohol levels.

If I was looking for a spirit to clean germs and such, I would be using methylated spirits as it is much much cheaper ($5AU a litre) than rectified spirits ($70AU for a 1/2 litre bottle) here in Australia. But I know some who make their own spirits, they generally siphon off the first and last 200mls of their alcohol distilling to be used as general cleaning agent, as the flavour of it is somewhat harsh and inconsistent with what they are making.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Thanks for posting that, I read it on my news feed yesterday but didn't have time to post. 

Crazy, right? They've been talking more and more about long covid. To get on a ship with thousands of people with that thought boggles my mind! I'm still masking and sanitizing.

Even though it is self promoting themselves, I really appreciate the 5 Moderna shots I've received already. 

https://fox8.com/news/moderna-says-new-covid-booster-effective-against-subvariants/

Screenshot_20221114-122134.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

My oldest daughter got it at the very beginning of the start of Covid.  She got it at work.  She said it was awful.  An experience she will never forget.  She thought she was going to die.

She did'nt tell me because she did not want to worry me so, I had no idea she was sick.

She does have these brain fogs now and it concerns me.  She said that there are instances she's driving and she has to pull over and remember where she's going.

My youngest got it too.  But, she too surpassed it.

My husband and I never got it.  But, we both take vitamins and I also look into other health things.  I have a great health store and the owner is a Dr.

I balance the health with conventional.  I believe in science.  Otherwise, we probably would not have taken the vaccine but, we have.  All 4 of them!