JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

8 hours ago, Michał said:

From the article:

No matter where it came from. Its here. We all have to deal with it. Fortunately we have a caring GB who provided updates, instructions and advice to keep us all protected ❤️❤️ 

And still does!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/a-booster-is-your-best-shot-now

great reading

shows what to expect in the next wave and recommends vaccination with BA.5 variant 

from all my research I believe this scientist is right

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 8/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, dljbsp said:

Same with me, my GP told me that my body was already primed to fight, having already had COVID, so the response was very quick. He said, 'you don't really need the vaccine, but get it anyway.' 

YB

Dave

This is my plight. I haven't had covid at all, and I feel healthy. I am unsure if taking the vaccine is a good idea... I am always very cautious when it comes to vaccines. I don't believe in any conspiracy theories, but my body just doesn't react to vaccines well. 

I understand and appreciate your sentiments dear brother - I have been vaccinated, and some family in the truth have not!  As you I am striving to do what is right for me and respectful to any family member who feels different.  I keep praying that we all stay well....so we can continue to preach and teach.  :yes:

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

great reading

shows what to expect in the next wave and recommends vaccination with BA.5 variant 

Thanks. Good article. There was a few words about the XBB variant in Singapore. Because of the XBB variant, the authorities are recommending the moderna/spikevax vaccine as a booster dose.

My wife and I had it on Saturday and was tired with sore arm for 1 day. 😅

Only 1 country so far has had a new wave that can be attributed to one of these new variants—Singapore with XBB. It proved to be a significant case surge, but less than projected (expected to be worse than BA.5). That notable success, with less hospitalizations, ICU patients , and deaths than their prior 3 waves, may well be tied to the very high rate of vaccination and boosters (shown below).

1 hour ago, WilliamChew said:

few words about the XBB variant in Singapore

The XBB variant wave in Singapore was smaller 😊🙏 than previous waves 

20 minutes ago, vern said:

I.m waving covid goodbye.

😋

Happiness is Covid in your rearview mirror?

😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 10/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, Sofia said:

great reading

I trust the opinion of Uncle Fauchi (Dr. Anthony Fauci) https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director He's got a way of explaining clearly and purely scientifically (imo) reasonable Corona-virus protection measures. 

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

1 minute ago, vern said:

how do you trust anyone at this point....

Trust is relative when it comes to secular sources of information. You're right, ultimately we can only truly and completely trust what Jehovah says. "Let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar." —Romans 3:4

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

In the weeks ahead, it is smart to anticipate a new wave of spread. If you haven’t had a recent booster (within 6 months), it would be wise to get one. Not to worry that the bivalent booster may not be any better than the original one—it will still augment and broaden your immunity and protections severe disease. And the benefit is very important if you’re age 50 and older, with >90% reduction death and >80% reduction hospitalization. Furthermore, since we can’t rely on vaccines/boosters to significantly prevent infections, use of N95/KN95 masks in the right settings is important for maintaining protection.

more accurate updates on the pandemic here: https://erictopol.substack.com/p/pandemic-update-31-october-2022?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

From my understanding masks just help to not spit on someone.  The catagory of mask doesn.t mater. 

Unless its fir smoke and particulates.

Is there any studies as to the size of water bound particulates?  Cause theres a lot of vapor escape.

If poeple are really worried they would need a full.oxegenated face mssk breather... ?

From what i.ve read. If you.ve had the virus already its not good to do vaccines for the same thing?

My wife and I went to Michigan in late September. We both got covid probably BA5 even though we were masked, touched shopping carts at Walmart though.

My wife now has "Rebound Covid" 2 times since then and tested positive Friday and Sunday.🤧

I never have tested positive, however I definitely did have it late September. Wife's symptoms 2 days after mine were identical.🤢

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

8 minutes ago, pnutts said:

My wife and I went to Michigan in late September. We both got covid probably BA5 even though we were masked, touched shopping carts at Walmart though.

My wife now has "Rebound Covid" 2 times since then and tested positive Friday and Sunday.🤧

I never have tested positive, however I definitely did have it late September. Wife's symptoms 2 days after mine were identical.🤢

So sorry to hear this! When I go in any store I wear 3 masks..a thin blue 4 layer one, then a cloth mask with copper in the cloth, then on the outside a medical anti-viral mask..Also, I wear either construction glasses or a clear lense pair to help prevent the virus going into my eyes. Always wear plastic gloves (food handling) so when I touch a door handle or shopping cart I am protected. Some may think this is extreme, but have you ever noticed on the news how nurses dress in the ER? Also..I do not use public restrooms..with no toilet lid, when the toilet is flushed, if there is virus, it becomes airborn. So far, so good..not vaccinated due to health issues..am 76 years old. There is much talk about vaccinations, which is good for those who can take them, but masks and glasses and gloves helped prevent high flu cases last year, as well as people being in close company with others.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

9 hours ago, vern said:

From my understanding masks just help to not spit on someone.  The catagory of mask doesn.t mater

Spit, sneeze... Yes, it protects others anything you expel.  Of course, there must some protection for the wearer as well. 

9 hours ago, vern said:

Is there any studies as to the size of water bound particulates?  Cause theres a lot of vapor escape.

I believe so, but I don't have a link off hand.  I remember seeing a couple of graphics or videos on the subject. 

21 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

So sorry to hear this! When I go in any store I wear 3 masks..a thin blue 4 layer one, then a cloth mask with copper in the cloth, then on the outside a medical anti-viral mask..Also, I wear either construction glasses or a clear lense pair to help prevent the virus going into my eyes. Always wear plastic gloves (food handling) so when I touch a door handle or shopping cart I am protected. Some may think this is extreme, but have you ever noticed on the news how nurses dress in the ER? Also..I do not use public restrooms..with no toilet lid, when the toilet is flushed, if there is virus, it becomes airborn. So far, so good..not vaccinated due to health issues..am 76 years old. There is much talk about vaccinations, which is good for those who can take them, but masks and glasses and gloves helped prevent high flu cases last year, as well as people being in close company with others.

I’m noticing a resurge in mask wearing in the general public whenever I go and do errands. It’s becoming the norm. Thankfully a lot of grocery stores here in Germany have sanitizers wipes available for the shopping carts before you use them. From day one, I was wiping them down myself. I also sanitize the weights and equipment at the gym I go to, and always sanitize my hands after I get into the car, no matter where I’ve been. I haven’t worn masks after it was lifted. But I may start again for winter. Thus far no one in my family has caught covid and want it to stay way. We are all vaccinated, but it’s been awhile and probably not effective anymore. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Most of the stores in our area have sanitizer for hands and wipes for the carts - this includes the "Big Box Stores" (like Walmart) as well as grocery and hardware stores and most small shops and fast-food places.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

So far so good

Possible end of pandemic on sight

milder peaks 

lower waves

low levels of hospitalizations

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/pandemic-daily-update-3-november?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Edited by Sofia