JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, AH173 said:

If some had the chance to listen to John Campbell recently, there seems to be no other variant competing with ba. 5. This may be good news - he thinks. 

True

so far…

never forget that omicron surged out of no where. It’s origins are deeply weird.

we never know what can happen next

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

15 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Indeed :(

Fortunately I didn'd sense any brain fog but my energy ran away and never came back... I used to do lots of DIY work at home and for a year and a half now, I can't even drill a hole in the wall without becoming completely exausted....

Edited by jayrtom

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

I've heard something similar from Japanese scientists... :( 

That's awful.

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Indeed :(

Fortunately I didn'd sense any brain fog but my energy ran away and never came back... I used to do lots of DIY work at home and for a year and a half now, I can't even drill a hole in the wall without becoming completely exausted....

I had... it was awful. I lost my imediate memory and brain was very slow. Now Im back to normal... but sometimes I miss a few words during conversations :(

Symptoms of brain fog-

(1) Difficulty planning and prioritizing activities and tasks

(2) Difficulty estimating how long things will take

(3) Having to read or listen a few times to “take in” information

(4) Not being able to think of the right word, or forgetting what you wanted to say in the middle of talking

(5) Taking longer to learn new processes or activities

Isn’t it sad that those who got the virus, even if it was mild, potentially now have to cope with the symptoms of brain fog too. We need the new system for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

Symptoms of brain fog-

(4) Not being able to think of the right word, or forgetting what you wanted to say in the middle of talking

Isn’t it sad that those who got the virus, even if it was mild, potentially now have to cope with the symptoms of brain fog too. We need the new system for sure. 

If that's the symptoms of brain fog then I've had it my whole life.😂

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

14 hours ago, jayrtom said:

my energy ran away and never came back

I haven't had Covid, as far as I know, but the energy hiatus was my experience after radiation treatment for prostate cancer.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Symptoms of brain fog-

Exactly what I got. Specially the 5 days of acute disease were erased from my memory. it was a nightmare because I lost important documents.

I have retrieved them 2 months after by accident. This is dreadful.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I haven't had Covid, as far as I know, but the energy hiatus was my experience after radiation treatment for prostate cancer.

so sorry ... my mama also does chemo and she´s not well many times of the day.

I was extremely tired the 12 months after catching WU1 in 2019/20.

with omicron I wasnt tired at all.

I guess each person has it´s own symptoms.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I didn't have chemo - just radiation from a device called the cyber-knife

CyberKnife Frequently Asked Questions

My husband had cyber knife after he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. It pushed his tumor back enough to give him a good 2+ years more.   Did it help you?  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Interesting research on the overlap with long covid and ME/CFS

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-11/long-covid-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-pathology-overlap/101318522

Researchers say they have found a link in the pathology between long COVID and myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). 

"It is the first of its kind in the world to actually biologically identify the overlap in the dysfunction with long COVID and ME/CFS patients…

Dr Marshall-Gradisnik said damaged receptors, like a dysfunctional lock and key, do not allow enough calcium in.

"The receptors are located on every cell in the body," she said.

"These ion channels, or the lock and the key that tries to open the door — when we look at ME/CFS patients, that's been significantly impaired.”

It’s only research at this stage, but it gives a clue as to why there is so much fatigue involved with this wretched disease.

19 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Interesting research on the overlap with long covid and ME/CFS

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-11/long-covid-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-pathology-overlap/101318522

Researchers say they have found a link in the pathology between long COVID and myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). 

"It is the first of its kind in the world to actually biologically identify the overlap in the dysfunction with long COVID and ME/CFS patients…

Dr Marshall-Gradisnik said damaged receptors, like a dysfunctional lock and key, do not allow enough calcium in.

"The receptors are located on every cell in the body," she said.

"These ion channels, or the lock and the key that tries to open the door — when we look at ME/CFS patients, that's been significantly impaired.”

It’s only research at this stage, but it gives a clue as to why there is so much fatigue involved with this wretched disease.

They miss one link: EBV

mononucleosis virus is the key. If they search harder they will connect the dots.

Never forget that SARS CoV 2 awakes every dormant virus inside us. More than 90% long covid patients with CF had/ve mono.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:47 PM, AH173 said:

If some had the chance to listen to John Campbell recently, there seems to be no other variant competing with ba. 5. This may be good news - he thinks. 

I've been seeing some noise about BA.2.75 hanging in there as variant to watch, specifically in the sense that it remains the dominant strain in some areas of SE Asia (BA.5 hasn't replaced it like elsewhere) and this preprint takes a closer look at some reasons why this may be. However, I'm not going to get too excited, preferring to watch what happens rather than try to predict anything at this point. 

I have ME and have never had mono. I noticed similarities between  long covid and ME and so did my neurologist.

If you research ME more then you will find that the heart and quite often the pancreas are involved. Plus the the adrenals, pituitary and more are involved.

I have had ME manifesting itself since Thursday February 10, 1994. You know the date. 9.5 years later I had my 1st heart attack, full arrest. Now in past 8 years I have added diabetes.

Yes I know about ME/CFS.

Yes long covid symptoms do mirror ME. The body only has so many ways to manifest illness. Unfortunately there are a lot of them.

I have not had covid yet.

Edited by pnutts

added line

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

This has just been published

long covid

reactivation of herpes and Epstein Barr virus

destruction of CD4+ cells

leading to imunosupression

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/some-light-on-long-covid?r=1m1eqk&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

The CDC changes came as a surprise to me yesterday.

On the other hand, hospitalizatiosn and deaths are way down, most people aren't doing any of that anyway, and I just had it myself and now I know I can handle it.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It's still treated more cautiously over here in Australia:
https://www.health.gov.au/news/ahppc-statement-on-covid-19-winter-update-and-ongoing-health-protection-measures-to-support-our-community

The AHPPC reiterates the shared responsibility of individuals, employers and governments in minimising the impact of COVID-19. There are a range of health behaviours all Australians can undertake to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, protect the community, in particular those most at risk, and protect our health system and essential services, such as:

Staying up to date with your vaccinations

• The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation recommends that adults aged 50 to 64 years receive a winter booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults aged 30 to 49 years can also now receive a winter booster dose
  • Wearing a mask outside your home when in crowded, indoor environments including on public transport.  This is important to protect yourself and others.
  • Ensuring indoor spaces are well ventilated
  • Staying home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, and get tested
  • If you have any symptoms, are at higher risk of severe illness and have a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result, seek a PCR test to confirm whether or not you have COVID-19 so you can access oral treatments for COVID-19 if eligible.
  • Not attending high-risk settings such as health care (unless seeking treatment), aged care and disability settings or correctional facilities if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild
  • Practising good respiratory and hand hygiene

We are in winter of course, and have had high cases of flu and other respiratory infections. No mandates though, just firm suggestions.

11 hours ago, zoebarry said:

The @CDCgov doubles down on its flawed, not evidence based Covid recommendations with a new guidance document
1. Leaves fully vaccinated = 2 shots, stay "up to date"
2. Leaves isolation at 5 days w/o rapid tests
3. Pushes "community levels" when real info is "transmission levels"

(Quoting Dr @EricTopol)