JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

11 hours ago, zoebarry said:

I so wished you'd gone to the source of those studies misquoted on that grab.  Yes, what he said (note: he is a conservative political commentator for FOX, so no medical background) is alarming. He has only told you the headlines, as the media journalists like to sensationalise.  I've searched for these studies, and here is what they say beyond the headline grabs mentioned in his story. 

They speak of waning immunity of the vaccines, hence the need to find better ways of managing this and possible future pandemics than simply boosting.  I think that we already know this as fact.  Only the new system has the full solution.  In the meantime, what you choose to do to look after your health is up to you.  We all have to face the fact that Covid is not just a flu, and it does massive injury to our immune system, even if the disease itself seems mild.  Whatever fears one has about the vaccine, don't lose sight of the fact that the disease has long term side effects too.

Here are the actual studied quoted and some further ones that came up in the search.  I found nothing "alarming" that we already didn't know about vaccines - they were never going to solve this health crisis but have indeed saved many more lives that otherwise. 

I still don't get why there still is any anti-vaccine discussion, though, and I find it sad that we are still here.  It really doesn't matter what you decide to do with regards this, does it?  If you really don't believe the vaccinations do any good, you are free to decide this and I respect your choice.  However, it isn't fair or right to find these "alarmist" claims that snatch the worst of a headline.  Use quality information as your source.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8871492/ 

Waning effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines, Published online 2022 Feb 24 Lancet, Peter Nordström

"We believe that the Nordström and colleagues’ study and other supporting evidence constitute a wake-up call that the world's community are insufficiently prepared for future chapters in this evolving pandemic. For vaccines to have optimal value as public health tools, the rapid waning in vaccine immunity, in contrast to natural immunity, needs to be understood in order to develop vaccines that elicit durable protection."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9167431/

Adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccines and measures to prevent them, Published online 2022 Jun 5, Virology Journal, Kenji Yamamoto

"Recently, The Lancet published a study on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines and the waning of immunity with time [1]. The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among unvaccinated individuals. These findings were more pronounced in older adults and individuals with pre-existing conditions. According to the European Medicines Agency’s recommendations, frequent COVID-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune response and may not be feasible (quoted below, which does not actually say that booster shots could adversely affect the immune system in any of the web article). Several countries, including Israel, Chile, and Sweden, are offering the fourth dose to only older adults and other groups rather than to all individuals [3]."

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/covid-19-public-health-considerations-additional-vaccine-doses

Interim public health considerations for the provision of additional COVID-19 vaccine doses, Published online 1 Sep 2021, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control website (as quoted from the above article by Kenji Yamamoto)

"When assessing the need for possible booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine from the public health perspective, it is important to keep in mind the main objective of the vaccination strategy (i.e. preventing severe cases of COVID-19). Vaccine effectiveness against severe disease should preferably be chosen as the primary outcome of interest for assessing whether there is a clear need for a booster dose in specific groups.

The available evidence at this time regarding ‘real world’ vaccine effectiveness and the duration of protection shows that all vaccines authorised in the EU/EEA are currently highly protective against COVID-19-related hospitalisation, severe disease and death, suggesting there is no urgent need for the administration of booster doses of vaccines to fully vaccinated individuals in the general population.
The option of administering an additional vaccine dose to people who may experience a limited response to the primary series of COVID-19 vaccination, such as some categories of immunocompromised individuals (e.g. solid organ transplant recipients), should already be considered now. This is to be seen as an extension of the primary vaccination series for these specific groups, and not as a booster. Consideration could also be given to providing an additional dose as a precautionary measure to older frail individuals, in particular those living in closed settings (e.g. residents of long-term care facilities)...

More solid data are needed to inform future policies on booster doses. Knowledge gaps are particularly related to the appropriate correlate of protection to consider for the different population groups".

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(22)00162-4/fulltext 

Effectiveness of a fourth dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine against all-cause mortality in long-term care facility residents and in the oldest old: A nationwide, retrospective cohort study in Sweden, Published:July 13, 2022, Lancet, Peter Nordstrom

This is the latest published by the same author as the first article above:

"As compared with a third dose, a fourth dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, administered during the Omicron era, was associated with reduced risk of death from all causes in residents of LTCFs and in the oldest old during the first two months, after which the protection became slightly lower. These findings suggest that a fourth dose may prevent premature mortality in the oldest and frailest even after the emergence of the Omicron variant, although the timing of vaccination seems to be important with respect to the slight waning observed after two months."

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

This is true. after 4 boosts the imune system doesnt respond any longer and may start to destroy the body instead.

Can you post a direct link? I’m not Twitter savvy (I’m a mammal anyway 😉

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

4 hours ago, Michał said:

Can you post a direct link? I’m not Twitter savvy (I’m a mammal anyway 😉

I had post something a few months ago about this

its not new

there s a video from dr orbeen that explains so well this 

gotta look on YouTube 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I still don.t personally know anyone that has died of covid 19 nor the vaccine shot....

But i sure see the dark manipulation to take the vaccine.

The governing body still doesn.t make anyone do it.  More attitudes different ones have.  Bethel families have thier own rules that have influences that may or may not be a scriptural rule. 

I hope that the vaccine isn.t hurting poeple.  But the having to live by shots from a huge medical industry that made witnesses take blood against their will isn.t one i trust.  Fireing doctors for being doctors over choices of trestment that oddly got canceled conveniently for this pandemic is also suspect.

If i were a doctor or investigator or whatever to get the answers i would share them. But no i can

T verify any side as it comes down to who you trust.  Even those who have been against vaccination with the new technologies seem to be the same poeple...  You.d think that thw truth would gain converts and different ones would speak up.

For me its more problematic to take the vaccines and booster slavery. 

I hope the vaccine poker is positive outcome for everyone else.

Tired of all the doctor noise.....

1 hour ago, vern said:

I still don.t personally know anyone that has died of covid 19 nor the vaccine shot....

You are fortunate, then.   I've known a few,  including my own sister. 

1 hour ago, vern said:

But i sure see the dark manipulation to take the vaccine.

Dark manipulation,  let's hold on to that for a second. 

1 hour ago, vern said:

For me its more problematic to take the vaccines and booster slavery. 

Booster slavery.   Dark manipulation.   See,  these comments speak to the the crux of the difficulty.   The conversation is not about "I'm concerned for my health,  therefore I refuse the vaccine.". No,  the conversation is directed instead towards some conspiracy theory notion that people are being  controlled and manipulated by some global shadow government cabal.  Thus,  the conversation turns away from health and safety and becomes one about politics since governments are,  by definition,  political. 

Let's leave the politically fueled commentary off this site.   Ultimately,  we Christians simply do not care what politicians and governments do in the name of control.  Our focus is to stay safe,  stay healthy,  and continue to promote Jehovah’s Kingdom. 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Let's leave the politically fueled commentary off this site.   Ultimately,  we Christians simply do not care what politicians and governments do in the name of control.  Our focus is to stay safe,  stay healthy,  and continue to promote Jehovah’s Kingdom. 

Amen and amen! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

A sister in our city died of covid. Many in our congregation have or had covid and said it for some was no picnic. Just found out my youngest son has covid, but seems to be mild so far. He has had 2 shots, maybe a booster, however from my understanding ( mixed messages ) they do Not work against BA5. New vaccines coming out are against omicron but maybe not BA5.

P.s. last report I heard from Governing Body was some 27,000 brothers have died from covid. They not sensationalizing the risks.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

they do Not work against BA5.

correct. but prevent serious illness though, not the infection.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 8/23/2022 at 5:58 PM, zoebarry said:

Looks at link.

Sees Tucker Carlson.

Remember Society tells us to consider who information is coming from.

Remembers Tucker Carlson's employer argued in court that no reasonable person takes him seriously.

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/greedy-associates/tucker-carlson-successfully-argues-nobody-really-believes-tucker-carlson-is-reporting-facts/

According to Judge Vyskocil, “Fox persuasively argues . . . that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer arrives with an appropriate amount of skepticism about the statements he makes."

Ignores video and waits for someone smarter to give actual facts.

Thanks to @hatcheckgirl Sister Lucy for actual facts.

ps Yes fully in harmony with Society direction that it's Jehovah's will that each one chooses for themselves whether to take the vaccine or not.

@@@@ Vaccine update @@@@

We’ve just learned that in the next few weeks, soon after Labor Day, the first Covid updated vaccine will be available to all adults in the United States, with over 170 million doses ordered, beginning with the bivalent vaccine (directed to both BA.5 and ancestral strains) from Pfizer/BioNTech and later from Moderna.

…we need to achieve containment of the virus once and for all, and should not rely only on just the BA.5 booster. The prospects for an effective nasal vaccine are bright.

source:https://erictopol.substack.com/p/the-imminent-ba5-vaccine-booster?r=1m1eqk&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

42 minutes ago, Sofia said:

@@@@ Vaccine update @@@@

We’ve just learned that in the next few weeks, soon after Labor Day, the first Covid updated vaccine will be available to all adults in the United States, with over 170 million doses ordered, beginning with the bivalent vaccine (directed to both BA.5 and ancestral strains) from Pfizer/BioNTech and later from Moderna.

…we need to achieve containment of the virus once and for all, and should not rely only on just the BA.5 booster. The prospects for an effective nasal vaccine are bright.

source:https://erictopol.substack.com/p/the-imminent-ba5-vaccine-booster?r=1m1eqk&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

With 4 shots per day for insulin, 4 shots for the virus and another one in the near future, 2 recent shingle shots, and a possible flu shot within 2 weeks makes me a junkie. Oh well, I love it.

31 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

With 4 shots per day for insulin, 4 shots for the virus and another one in the near future, 2 recent shingle shots, and a possible flu shot within 2 weeks makes me a junkie. Oh well, I love it.

It they looked liked this, I'll be happy to join you.

Addressing Australia's problem with alcohol | this.

for me....

i get medical issues with it.(all vaccines)

forcing me to hurt myself is dark manipulation... nothing political about it.

but you already have read this from me .

I'm tired of both sides of the coin.  but i'm especially tired of people looking down on me cause they think they are on the high ground and want to put me down.

time will tell... this whole thing has been a shake up.  its amazing its effected everyone regardless of worshipers of God or not.

the governing body doesn't force anyone.   you should be ashamed of yourself.

I just heard a scripture that made me think of this topic during the governing body update #6.  Isaiah 30:15b - "Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust"

Some Bethel family rules, like was said earlier, may or may not be based on scriptural rules.  But they are Jehovah's appointed servants.  And we had a recent watchtower that asked us to trust Jehovah's appointed servants.  So with that watchtower and the above scripture, I don't think it's unreasonable to trust the brothers decisions in certain actions, or lack of actions.  If they aren't sounding the alarm over these vaccines, then I trust they are safe.  Jehovah is continuing to bless their efforts.  Since they are responsible for the distribution of spiritual food, if they're wrong about something, Jehovah WILL let them know in no uncertain terms.  This would include not blessing whatever it is they are doing wrong.

29 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

If they aren't sounding the alarm over these vaccines, then I trust they are safe.  

Not discouraging the use of Vaccines: But there are known side effects from the vaccine, an due to your imperfections, you can experience such. I suffered from COVID before the lockdown, My wife was coughing up blood from her infection. We are glad we survived, and we do not hesitate to get the vaccine.

I have been dealing with a health situation, that has been linked to the vaccine. Just because they are not 'sounding the alarm,' do not go in blind, believing they are safe. I would rather be alive, & praising Jehovah in my current situation, than take a chance without the vaccine.

May your experience be better than mine.

YB

Dave

4 hours ago, dljbsp said:

Not discouraging the use of Vaccines: But there are known side effects from the vaccine, an due to your imperfections, you can experience such. I suffered from COVID before the lockdown, My wife was coughing up blood from her infection. We are glad we survived, and we do not hesitate to get the vaccine.

I have been dealing with a health situation, that has been linked to the vaccine. Just because they are not 'sounding the alarm,' do not go in blind, believing they are safe. I would rather be alive, & praising Jehovah in my current situation, than take a chance without the vaccine.

May your experience be better than mine.

YB

Dave

When I say safe, I mean on a general term, like a public health issue.  For example, I took several different anti-cholesterol medication, and they all resulted in the same thing.  Deterioration of my left thigh muscle.  I went from playing football to wondering if I'll ever run again.  Fortunately, I made a full recovery, and I found out from my doctor that my reaction isn't uncommon.  However, I wouldn't expect the brothers there to sound an alarm saying that these particular cholesterol medications are dangerous.  I apply that same principle to the vaccine.  A good friend of ours and a co-worker of mine would die if one of them took the vaccine.  They both were warned by their doctors.  

BTW, I did take the vaccine along with the booster later, and the booster shot knocked me on my butt.  I felt like I had a bad flu.  I was freezing, achy, and had no stamina.  We had been invited to dinner the day before.  I was toughing it out on the couch of the sister's home with my wife and family having a good time.  The sister offered me a mixed drink.  I declined because it was really sweet and I was diabetic and planned to cheat by eating dessert that day😁.  So her husband offered me a whiskey.   After drinking, I noticed that I had to take the blanket off of me because it was too hot.   My energy was returning and my appetite was coming back.   By the 2nd glass, I was okay.  No more aches, no more feeling drained.   It stayed that way all day, even though I didn't touch anymore alcohol.  So, in my experience, the vaccines made me "sick", but I was healed by whiskey 😂  

On 8/25/2022 at 1:18 AM, vern said:

I get medical issues with it.(all vaccines

In which case the right thing for you medically is not to take the vaccine.  I doubt anyone here would argue the point because the Bible says each one carries their own load.  But please don't muddy the water by talking about "dark forces"  and "manipulation", that's just bringing Satan's politics into the conversation. You're not taking any of the Covid vaccines because you've a genuine medical condition,  we're on your side on that. 

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

in my experience, the vaccines made me "sick", but I was healed by whiskey

Blast,  the booster flattened me for several days and I sell whiskey,  should have just sampled the stock.

2022 Milestone:

One million people have died from COVID-19 so far this year, the World Health Organization has revealed, describing it as a "tragic milestone".

Key points:
The WHO urged governments to increase efforts to vaccinate health workers, older people and those at high risk

The WHO had wanted all countries to have vaccinated 70 per cent of their populations by the end of June
136 countries failed to reach the target

Since the pandemic began more than two and a half years ago, more than 6.4 million people have died from COVID-19 across the globe, according to WHO data.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-26/covid-deaths-reach-1-million-worldwide-who-reveals/101375700

Old (Downunder) Tone

2022-1Mill.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

11 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

So her husband offered me a whiskey.   After drinking, I noticed that I had to take the blanket off of me because it was too hot.   My energy was returning and my appetite was coming back.   By the 2nd glass, I was okay.  No more aches, no more feeling drained. 

It is interesting how whiskey does that.

My stepson used to get a few issues with his stomach. He didn't touch any alcohol whilst growing up till his late 20's (mostly because of his father abused alcohol). It was my wife and his sister said just to have a shot of whiskey with a bit of cola and see if it settles it down, which it did. From then on, he may have a whiskey (scotch or bourbon) when he feels I'll or if he is socialising at a event.

A little wine for the stomach helped Timothy, a little spirits also helps as well.

12 hours ago, Daphne said:

What is destroying the body exactly? The ingredients that make up the various Covid shots?

No

its the own imune system

If the Imune system is over stimulated by proteins from the spike it may be triggered to respond against parts of the body ( skin heart brain blood vessels…)

it’s not fully studied

Its not the vaccine it self but the viral particles ( spike or rna that codifies spike proteins) that triggers the imune system 

We shouldn’t fear the manufacturing 

it’s the coronavirus nature that creates havoc in some peoples imune systems

specially the spike proteins

It’s now believed that long covid happens when the patient s body doesn’t clear off all spike proteins 

if some waste from the viral spike remains inside the body the person gets long covid

its imune system reacts to those particles and the person remains ill.

Untill all viral waste is cleared from the body the person doesn’t get well.

You can get long covid from having the disease. I’ve not heard about long covid from the vax. It’s rare, I imagine. With whatever side effect you get from the vax, the disease mucks up your immune system even more. So however we are exposed to the virus, all of us have the potential have an autoimmune reaction- far more likely with catching Covid itself. 

My son had a “mystery” disease when he was 8.  Turned out to be Kawasaki disease, which is an autoimmune reaction to a cold he had earlier. Usually this disease shows up in much younger children when they first have colds, so that’s why it was such a mystery. A similar thing happens with covid, when our immune system overreacts. Luckily, when he finally got covid, he didn’t get this reaction- double vaxxed at the time, so possibly a factor why  🤷‍♀️  

24 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It’s now believed that long covid happens when the patient s body doesn’t clear off all spike proteins 

if some waste from the viral spike remains inside the body the person gets long covid

its imune system reacts to those particles and the person remains ill.

Untill all viral waste is cleared from the body the person doesn’t get well.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(22)00449-2/fulltext