JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/health/epa-disinfectants-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Here are some of the registered disinfectants on the EPA's list:

Clorox Multi Surface Cleaner + Bleach

Clorox Disinfecting Wipes

Clorox Commercial Solutions® Clorox® Disinfecting Spray

Lysol brand Heavy-Duty Cleaner Disinfectant Concentrate

Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist

Lysol brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner

Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes

Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray

You can read the full list of disinfectants here  .https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2020-03/documents/sars-cov-2-list_03-03-2020.pdf

States with confirmed cases of the coronavirus: 

• Washington: 75
  • Oregon: 3
  • California: 51
  • Nevada: 1
  • Arizona: 2
  • Colorado: 2
  • Texas: 4
  • Wisconsin: 1
  • Illinois: 5
  • Tennessee: 1
  • Georgia: 2
  • Florida: 4
  • North Carolina: 1
  • Maryland: 3
  • New York: 23
  • New Jersey: 2
  • Rhode Island: 2
  • Massachussetts: 4
  • New Hampshire: 2
  • Diamond Princess: 45

2020-03-06_06h09_28.png

On 3/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, GraceH said:

This is what is driving me crazy. People are not dropping dead in the streets. People seem to be listening more to the media than health professionals.

The health professionals are saying take it seriously. Posters everywhere as well as governmental notices. The message basically us dont panic but dont be stupid either.

Just heard this morning here in Canada the first case of what they are calling community transmission of the Corona virus.  I had to look up what it meant but basically the person was diagnosed with it BUT she did not travel to any of the locations where it is at a high alert level and claims she was not around any family or friends that travelled either.  

According to the article from one of the national newspapers here in Canada: "Community spread is significant because it means the virus could be spreading untraced since there is no clear link to the source of the disease."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-bc-records-first-known-community-transmission-case-of-coronavirus/

29 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Metro Witnessing training was cancelled today in the SF Bay Area until further notice.......

Yes.. My friend told me  about it too. 

Meanwhile, community transmission in the Philippines. Persons who didn't travel. So, me and my family are planning to buy canned food, rice, medicines and toilet paper.  

My meeting last night, brothers did a local needs about virus.  From now on 1 hr before each meeting, some who are able get there and disinfect the hall and after the meeting disinfect the hall, everything except chairs (cause they are cloth), but the wood arm rests must be disinfected.  Our first Saturday of the month has been cancelled and everyone is to meet at their field groups for service.  The brother read the letter from the Bethel first, and and then made this announcement.   He even said please not to hug in the congregation or kiss (some kiss).    Well, am elderly, and not sure of my immune system if it can help me or not.  I don't recall any underlying issues, other then the hip surgery I had a few months back.  That is not bothering me anymore.  But I do suffer from allergies, won't know if this will effect them even worse.  I have not heard of any of our friends in my hall that have a virus, and we have our Chinese, brothers and sisters with us.   I have not heard that other kingdom halls in and around my area that anyone else has been infected.  But we don't know yet in other places, except for the one reported in here from Philippines, that might have it or not.  

Saw a pic of the pope 😈 coughing and blowing his nose 🤧 in an article today. 

Churches will have to figure out a  different way to do their masses an$ other pagan rituals. Like those wafer thingies. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just now, Loopy said:

Saw a pic of the pope 😈 coughing and blowing his nose 🤧 in an article today. 

Churches will have to figure out a  different way to do their masses an$ other pagan rituals. Like those wafer thingies. 

Which article did he blow his nose into?

I want to avoid it. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Hahahaha! It was on social media.

Your fortunate, I wouldn’t be able to find it anyway. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

There's a presumed positive third case in Georgia; the DPH is waiting on confirmation.  It's in Floyd County.  And the president is scheduled to visit the CDC today at 4 pm, ensuring that nobody will get home in Atlanta traffic before midnight.

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

And more states have unconfirmed cases 

Yes and while people have to pay for the tests there will always be a large number of unconfirmed cases. 

US needs to fix that. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I heard that the Chinese government has significantly reduced the corona virus infection rate over the past week, causing several emergency hospitals to be closed because they are no longer in use. I think they have found something, either drugs or vaccines that other countries doesn't know about. 

But I'm sure the quarantine program as a whole is quite successful.

51 minutes ago, tuntun said:

I heard that the Chinese government has significantly reduced the corona virus infection rate over the past week, causing several emergency hospitals to be closed because they are no longer in use. I think they have found something, either drugs or vaccines that other countries doesn't know about. 

But I'm sure the quarantine program as a whole is quite successful.

Or China is promoting their propaganda:

China Blames America for the Coronavirus Outbreak

https://youtu.be/fg7FwHteB0I

Edited by luisenriquereyes

I think nothing is as it seems in Satan's World when we think it's one way it ends up going the other. They are now talking about back flow in China where people are returning home from different excursions with the virus - will it re=infect people? Is it another strain of the virus? I think we are seeing the breakdown of society that until now has been mostly behind closed doors, and this virus is only a vehicle to bring it out in the open ... and if it was the virus there would be something else. 

In the meantime .. I am so awed by the contrast of our hard working Brothers and SIsters who work quickly and effectively to curb any contagion ... with measures that create some discomfort in the short term, (as in Isolation) but with genuine love and concern for the brotherhood.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/support-when-epidemics-disasters-strike/

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."