JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, LindaViktoria said:

A colleauge of mine was very upset because of the money that he and everybody else are losing. 
He said: the government has to compensate us in some way! How are they going to compensate us for all the money we loose when they close down everything?
And this guy almost never gets angry or upset. 

I didnt say anything, just thought... they will say peace and security and take money from the religions...

I think that seems a logical conclusion too ... but at the stage of P&S it seems religion will still be onside and this is a  prelude to the GT but not the GT  ... so they won't take the money until they turn on religion - so it could be the two events may be really close together, but if they aren't there will be a period of time when things get really harsh.

There's a reason why in the meeting last night they focused on not selling our birthright for the sake of being hungry.  Be prepared for the long haul on this - Venezuela have been amazing models for this scenario.  Hoping though events go fast and overlap - but that's selfish thinking on my part. 

May Jehovah's will be done.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

22 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I think that seems a logical conclusion too ... but at the stage of P&S it seems religion will still be onside and this is a  prelude to the GT but not the GT  ... so they won't take the money until they turn on religion - so it could be the two events may be really close together, but if they aren't there will be a period of time when things get really harsh.

There's a reason why in the meeting last night they focused on not selling our birthright for the sake of being hungry.  Be prepared for the long haul on this - Venezuela have been amazing models for this scenario.  Hoping though events go fast and overlap - but that's selfish thinking on my part. 

May Jehovah's will be done.

I agree, if this is what will happen they will  do it after the proclamation of peace and security. But I think this Corona virus will break the economy. People will get outrageous. And where will they get money from to try to fix peace and security? Just my speculation. 
Our brothers and sisters for example in Russia are indeed good examples for us in how to deal with meetings in small groups and in Venezuela to keep a good spiritual routine through instability. 

Apparently hand sanitizer is "stronger and more beneficial then holy molly water:whistling:LOL

Edit: sorry friends. just realized that the picture is not jpeg.

26e9eacd8bc820beacc25120814c8b7837dee828.webp

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-uk-model-study/index.html

US, UK coronavirus strategies shifted following UK epidemiologists' ominous report

"A study by UK epidemiologists predicts that attempts to slow, or mitigate -- rather than actively halt, or suppress -- the novel coronavirus could overwhelm the number of intensive care hospital beds and lead to about 250,000 deaths in the UK and more than a million in the United States during the course of the current pandemic."

"The study, which has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal, was released on Monday by London's Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team, which says it is advising the UK government on its response strategy."

21 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I guess they are turned the wrong way to call it Idol worship! Is that bottle empty? oh! oh!

Well someone is going to lose their job over this one! They'll have to go home now. So sad.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

My non-witness husband hates the stock market and he is delighted to see it crashing.
His only complaint seems to be that the virus couldn't have waited until after March Madness
to hit.  He has a terminal case of March Sadness.  

As Loopy/Linda can attest to, I do NOT miss the sound of squeaky sneakers on the basketball courts.  

OT

... My wife hates squeaky sneakers, too....I used to turn volume way down....then turn it up when she left room or went to bed! She's giddy over undivided attention this week!
But in my warped humor that I'm keeping to myself of course, I won't ask her, "so you mean to tell me you'd prefer the risk of COVID-19 instead of squeaky sneakers?"

If I slip and let that one out of my big mouth...see y'all on the otherside!

3 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This was in Daily Mail/Tuesday March 17 2020

Putin says coronavirus is 'under control' as Russia launches hi-tech system to spot empty supermarket shelves and track quarantined citizens 

(Yes, we know who he really has "tracks" on)

It took me awhile to post this about your link..my husband and I were laughing so hard and long! Putin has it under control? Why is someone buying bulk TP almost 2000 miles away from Moscow?😷

Screenshot_2020-03-17-22-39-41-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif