JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #9

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1189 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:08 PM, Dustparticle said:

Just a reminder that, not all died because they broke the rules.

Most are so careful , but someone here died , he didn't break any rules and was being so careful but his worldly daughter came to his house after 3 days of a very mild Covid infection, disrespecting the fact she was told to isolate for min 10 days .

I imagine she is going to struggle with living with this but her disrespect of the rules took her dads life.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:58 PM, On the huh said:

I'm always extra careful when out.  Touching door handles or anything else another member of the public may have touched, and use hand sanitizer gel every time.

The direction from the Britain Branch, and probably others to, is that anyone who goes to the Kingdom Hall must

"After each visit to the Kingdom Hall, thoroughly clean any areas accessed, disinfecting hard surfaces and touch points."

When I visit the hall each week for the checks, I use hand gel before, during and after the visit.

So wiping down surfaces is still a key part in controlling the virus.  Or is the branch being over-cautious? 

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but I heard that deliveries to the Britain branch office are quarantined for 72 hours.  Maybe someone else can confirm or deny that.

Whatever the case, two phases spring to mind.  Erring on the side of caution, and When in doubt ...

Our literature delivery from the branch is quarantined for 72 hours ( one went terribly wrong and got left out in the rain , and ruined a great number of our November campaign magazines .

But they always quarantine and the brothers unpack in gloves and masks, and deliver in plastic bags.

4 hours ago, The German said:

It's great that we are discussing Governing Body Update# 9 in the week of January 18th.

Interesting :)) The local needs are the week after, so it will be in the LC part of the middle week meeting?

Covid 19 is spreading too fast and specially now with the new strains. Mutations are making the virus more spreadable and uncautious people who dont regard enough care get it and spread to others. Bro Lett said that on 10th Dec about 7500 JW lost their lives to COVID, today we burried another sister :( 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Luisabola said:

I wonder why they want us to consider it 3 times: ASAP with our families, before the meeting part and then discuss it as a congregation at the meeting. I think they feel it’s very important for us to listen to the guidelines. 

LISTEN       PAY ATTENTION        KEEP ON THE WATCH

those are the reminders th GV has been given us lately, they are worried about all of us ❤️

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing Sister Louise Slender's experience again made me understand better the tragedy that befell the Navajo land in Tuba City, Arizona. She survived because she was cautious and isolated her family of 3.

"When it came (the pandemic), I thought we were so isolated that it was not going to happen here in Tuba City. It affected my family a lot.

In the first wave, we lost 15, and then after that, some were hospitalized. And then up to today, I have lost 35, and some are still sick and hospitalized.

And it has taken many beautiful people, like my relatives. They were very knowledgeable; they did crafts; they did work; they had houses. And now we see their tools are left behind; nobody to pick up their fields. They didn’t even put a seed in. They just prepared it but never put a seed in. Their homes and their transportation are just sitting there now.

So all the warnings that they put out are really true warnings, and it’s very important that we follow them."

3 hours ago, Luisabola said:

I wonder when governing body update #10 will be out. Usually it’s once a month if I’m getting it right. Maybe it’ll be a month later as we just considered no 9 at the meeting. 

yes! eager to receive it. Even though this month our spiritual table is full of food for all of us! 😉

5 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

"2021 Governing Body Update 01" Is on its way.

And here is your Host...

702021008_univ_wsr_md.jpg

Will it be entitled "2021 Governing Body Update 01" or  "Governing Body Update 10" ?

Will it be about natural disasters? Disaster relief?

On 1/28/2021 at 5:27 PM, Luigi62 said:

"2021 Governing Body Update 01" Is on its way.

And here is your Host...

Will it be entitled "2021 Governing Body Update 01" or  "Governing Body Update 10" ?

"2021 Governing Body Update 01" Now online.

Here is the thread for the link.