JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #9

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1176 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Currently in London we are in tier 4 lockdown but my mum and brother think there's something funny going on with the government putting lookdowns all the time they think the government want control and covid ain't real I was even starting to think the same but watching Bro lett talk am still being careful I wear a mask when am out especially in the shops and I see it as a warning from Jehovah as we have lost lots of bros and sisters I also have Asthma.

For those of us, JW's, who may be tempted to lean in the "COVID isn't real" direction - consider what Update #9 included ... over 7500 of our Brothers and Sisters have died from COVID. Think, when was the last time that many of our Brothers and Sisters have died from the same virus in the same year?

If COVID wasn't real the FDS would not be taking it so seriously ... JMHO

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, zauser said:

What I personally don’t understand is why disregarding these clear reminders isn’t being taken more seriously in the congregation. In this part of the world, it’s the summer holiday period, and not only are many, many witnesses (including many with privileges) travelling to visit family; but they are happily posting about it on social media as well. This in spite of both govt direction (although we’re no longer in a lockdown, due to the second wave the govt has asked us to restrict unnecessary travel), the Dec Cong announcement, and now this reminder. Why isn’t this seen as a violation of specific guidelines, especially with regard to blood guilt, by spreading the virus?

We have several that have traveled to other states and then joined the zoom congregation meeting (1 was an elder ) A sister spoke out and said to him " I hope you don't bring back the covid!"  Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

All, if the governments lift restrictions, then that does not mean the virus has not gone away. Government have their political and greedy agendas of doing so. Yes, we can go along what Romans 13:1 says, but the Bible and common sense says otherwise, then I am going for the last two. Not one government has not understand fully about this virus and that what scare me the most. Buckle down my friends. It is not over yet! Who knows, we might be dealing with this into 2022.

5 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

All, if the governments lift restrictions, then that does not mean the virus has not gone away. Government have their political and greedy agendas of doing so. Yes, we can go along what Romans 13:1 says, but the Bible and common sense says otherwise, then I am going for the last two. Not one government has not understand fully about this virus and that what scare me the most. Buckle down my friends. It is not over yet! Who knows, we might be dealing with this into 2022.

Yeah, it makes you wonder when we’ll be able to return to the Kingdom Hall and resume our door to door ministry since it will probably be some time after the nations say everything is ok...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Yeah, it makes you wonder when we’ll be able to return to the Kingdom Hall and resume our door to door ministry since it will probably be some time after the nations say everything is ok...

In some parts of Australia we are resuming no high risk category  ( both parties must be no high risk) of Bible studies and RV’s 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, New World Explorer said:

In some parts of Australia we are resuming no high risk category  ( both parties must be no high risk) of Bible studies and RV’s 

It’s good to know that things are normal for Jehovah’s people at least in some parts of the world 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Just now, Brother Jack said:

It’s good to know that things are normal for Jehovah’s people at least in some parts of the world 🙂

Well, far from normal, general door to door and cart activity still no go zone. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

46 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Well, far from normal, general door to door and cart activity still no go zone. 

Oh, I read your message wrong. I thought you were saying you guys were doing everything the same as before.  I miss door to door. I imagine there will be much door to door activity when the opportunity presents itself again.

10 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Oh, I read your message wrong. I thought you were saying you guys were doing everything the same as before.  I miss door to door. I imagine there will be much door to door activity when the opportunity presents itself again.

Well, new direction is a tiny step forward, but I really miss physical Kingdom Hall.

In the future when talking to others in a KH, will I be looking for unmute button? LOL :scared:

Are we going to say then.....I miss zoom meetings? This is million dollar question. 

15 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Well, new direction is a tiny step forward, but I really miss physical Kingdom Hall.

In the future when talking to others in a KH, will I be looking for unmute button? LOL :scared:

Are we going to say then.....I miss zoom meetings? This is million dollar question. 

I like all the time that is saved by not actually driving to and from the Kingdom Hall. But I’ll be happy when we physically meet again because it will make a lot of our extroverted brothers and sisters happy 🙂

I love that thanks to these videos being online you can see the clear cut difference between us and the other religions. Like it's not even subtle anymore thanks to the virus and these updates. Every time family or friends calls and the convo goes to am I still going to meeting I can tell them we're on Zoom and have been shutdown nearly after it started and then point out to them we're one of the only religions that did with no argument.

If they need proof? Link them one of these videos then link them the several news articles of complaints and lawsuits about churches needing to be open. And "God will protect us, we don't need to stay home."

It's literally now apples and oranges with these and one would have to be blind to not see it.

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I know that many with disabilities that restricts them will miss the time when they were not the odd ones out to connect to the meeting.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I know that many with disabilities that restricts them will miss the time when they were not the odd ones out to connect to the meeting.

True, we plan to keep zoom in post COVID era, for those with such conditions and similar.