JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #9

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1181 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

WOW!  Right from the intro Br. Lett did not "pull any punches" ... and he kept that sentiment till the end  :yes:  

Updates numbers ... more than 7500 JW have died from C-19  :cry:   :wall:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 minutes ago, Qapla said:

WOW!  Right from the intro Br. Lett did not "pull any punches" ... and he kept that sentiment till the end  :yes:  

Updates numbers ... more than 7500 JW have died from C-19  :cry:   :wall:

Just a reminder that, not all died because they broke the rules.

1 minute ago, Dustparticle said:

We watched the white board video last night and were thinking how great a witness and how helpful it could be if the news channels showed it!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

5 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I never said/indicated/implied that they did ... only  that the pandemic is real and we are not immune to the effects of it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

That is true, but it is a real reminder to take it seriously, even though we might feel that it isn’t so bad in my area. We do not let our guard down!

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

And I never said that you said neither of these. Yet, some have twisted their words around. 

Thank you Dusty. We know that you were just adding to John's comment and we appreciate your observations.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Also like Br. Lett said that even tho we may do everything  right to avoid getting the virus, it could still happen. But if we follow the directions given by Governing Body, “not let our guard down” & listen to the authorities and that still happens, at least we tried to avoid it. 

This Jehovah knows as well.

My heart dropped when I learned how many friends we have lost now. 😭 They are in the safest place, in Jehovah’s memory.💐 ♥️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

In Victoria 57 days with community free Cov-19, we have received updated directions for our ministry.

We are able to visit Bible studies and RV's if both parties are not in a high risk category. (All other areas of ministry still suspended including carts) 

Our branch is monitoring events daily, and adjustment can be made on the spot, but for now we go with new directions.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I liked that he said, it's not just about making sure we are safe it's also about thinking of others. We may be ok, but our example may cause others to let down their guard and it cost them. It was a good reminder for me.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What I personally don’t understand is why disregarding these clear reminders isn’t being taken more seriously in the congregation. In this part of the world, it’s the summer holiday period, and not only are many, many witnesses (including many with privileges) travelling to visit family; but they are happily posting about it on social media as well. This in spite of both govt direction (although we’re no longer in a lockdown, due to the second wave the govt has asked us to restrict unnecessary travel), the Dec Cong announcement, and now this reminder. Why isn’t this seen as a violation of specific guidelines, especially with regard to blood guilt, by spreading the virus?

What I personally don’t understand is why disregarding these clear reminders isn’t being taken more seriously in the congregation. In this part of the world, it’s the summer holiday period, and not only are many, many witnesses (including many with privileges) travelling to visit family; but they are happily posting about it on social media as well. This in spite of both govt direction (although we’re no longer in a lockdown, due to the second wave the govt has asked us to restrict unnecessary travel), the Dec Cong announcement, and now this reminder. Why isn’t this seen as a violation of specific guidelines, especially with regard to blood guilt, by spreading the virus?

It can definitely be. Jesus Christ has been set as judge of such things. And appointed brothers can be removed, and have been.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”