JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Was eating oatmeal three months back.  Bit down and felt an excruciating pain in one of my lower back molars.  It has a filling.

Haven't chewed on the left side of my jaw since then.

Now that I have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine, I shall have to 'attempt' to get a dentist appointment, too.  On NBC Nightly news yesterday, it was reported we should expect looooong waits for dentist and hair salon appointments.  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I sure hope you can get some help. I’ve had chipped tooth that was tearing the inside of my cheek many many years ago.

Dr. Adam’s is probably booked till November. 🤷‍♀️

A person won’t even get in for an emergency like yours. 

Many years ago mom was in so much pain in her jaw, she called me very upset that the clinic wouldn’t take her in. At that time it was Dr. Snedecker.

After I got thru with them they did.

Turned out it wasn’t a tooth at all. It was her first of many really bad sinus infections. 

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Yup. I woke up with a terrible toothache two months ago and had to have a root canal. The dentist also found two teeth that needed crowns. One of them was very sensitive for a month after receiving the crown. So two months, one root canal, two crowns later, the whole ordeal is getting a little better.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, humble bumble bee said:

1076867376_DogToothAche.jpg.fd98a5829a42ded5c375b05a815bbe0d.jpg

Mine won't be sorted till the end of May with a filling.

Till then just got to put up with the dull pain.

Can you relate?

Very painful indeed... I used Aloe vera... Just use a spoon, remove the gel, and leave the gel in your mouth for Some minutes before swallowing, mostly the affected area.. Do it twice or thrice  a day.. It relieved mine. Hope it helps you..

I have sporadic tooth sensitivity and that's bad enough.... My best friend told me to swish coconut oil in my mouth to help lessen the pain, may have to try it ❤️ Hope they get you some relief soon. 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

17 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I have sporadic tooth sensitivity and that's bad enough.... My best friend told me to swish coconut oil in my mouth to help lessen the pain, may have to try it ❤️ Hope they get you some relief soon. 

I swish expensive red wine. I'm not sure if it helps, I need to do more research..🍷

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I swish expensive red wine. I'm not sure if it helps, I need to do more research..🍷

I hope you are not spittingit out, it isn't to be cofuse with mouthwash. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

On NBC Nightly news yesterday, it was reported we should expect looooong waits for dentist and hair salon appointments.

I do need to go to the dentist - have not tried to make an appointment yet since I do not have a regular dentist and I just changed my insurance plan.

As for hair salons - no problem there ... I will not have to wait for one of those appointments since I never go to one and don't plan on starting.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

For toothaches and any sort of tooth/jaw pain or infection - I apply a high-quality tea tree (melaleuca) essential oil, in a carrier oil, to the skin outside (cheek or jawline) where it hurts. I repeat this whenever the pain comes back. (about 1 drop per 1 millimeter - or 5 drops per 1 teaspoon)

Not saying it will work for everyone. 

Not saying anyone must try this.

But have to mention it just in case it could help someone avoid, or minimize, such a painful condition!

Tea Tree aka Melaleuca Essential Oil is one of those oils that can really irritate mucous membranes, so it's rarely used in the mouth, unless greatly diluted in something else.

Dear humble bumble bee. I have found these drops to be incredibly helpful and may get you through to your appointment.  Check out the link below and let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you!

https://www.trustedhealthproducts.com/products/oramd-original-strength

Ps. I've found the extra strength to be more effective.  

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yup. I woke up with a terrible toothache two months ago and had to have a root canal. The dentist also found two teeth that needed crowns. One of them was very sensitive for a month after receiving the crown. So two months, one root canal, two crowns later, the whole ordeal is getting a little better.

One root canal, two crowns, and an empty wallet! 🤪😄

Yes, it's the worst!!! I had to have an emergency extraction a couple months ago. It was a tooth that connected to my maxilary sinus, so even after it was pulled, I felt a bit of a sinus headache and felt sick for a day. I think that tooth might have been behind some of the sinus trouble I had been having for a while, as well. I have more extractions that will be needing done in the future, and a filling in the front teeth, but we can take our time with those. I think I've gotten rid of the really bad tooth.
Hope it feels better. I find ibuprofen, using a sensitive toothpaste, and not rinsing it out, just spitting out the excess, and, if you can bear it, ice, helps dull the pain, or at least Listerine.

Edited by Katty

This is one of the reasons I also avoid all added sugars in food, saves your teeth in the long run. Historical people had far less cavities than us, in fact most skeletons have their teeth intact, whereas since in last couple centuries, since the production and addition of sugar to everything, sweets, cakes, many people lose their teeth in old age, or have to have them removed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11902097/Ancient-Romans-had-perfect-teeth-thanks-to-healthy-low-sugar-diet.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29739388

Edited by EccentricM

• 4 weeks later...