JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Meeting Media Fetcher

I was looking on GitHub to see if there was anything I could find to make things easier Hosting on Zoom. I then found this program called, JW Meeting Media Fetcher.

This is a simple app that facilitates the downloading of media that will be considered during congregation meetings, to be used for example during personal study, to share using Zoom, or when using JW Library is not possible or feasible for various reasons.

It's a very nice app. It can run on Windows, Linux, or Mac.

https://github.com/sircharlo/jw-meeting-media-fetcher

It's also interesting, it says using the Zoom MP4 sharing feature results in better quality for the meeting participants than simply sharing your local monitor or your media playback app's window through Zoom's screen sharing feature. So I think I'll try this sharing method at tomorrows meeting.

Interesting. I know some who host Zoom A/V on a Mac who might benefit from this due to a lack of JWL.

I hadn't even noticed the Zoom video sharing button before... I'll probably still keep sharing the JW LIbrary application though, I keep it running on a second monitor.

The converting of pictures into MP4 so you can use the Zoom Video Player could be useful.  

We have a couple of brothers on the AV team that it would be better for them to use the Zoom player for sharing as their setup is not great for sharing,  and one is using a Mac so JW Library is not possible for him.

Reminds me a useful feature from the old SoundBox software, that would download media for the meetings.

Click on the "Share" button

image.png.7a2b35b58e729688a60278f5f7b7a7f3.png

You should have a screen pop up that has these options at the top of the box, select the "Advanced" option

image.png.c48bd9f12026d2f1ba6bc3ce0781e14f.png

These are options available on my screen - the "Share Video" is marked

image.png.02fd951b1c2ffe6bbd68b0881095e8e3.png

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have been using this feature for some time and I can’t say for definite but it seems to work well. However, do note that if the receiving recipient has bad connection, they will lag even if the sending one has no problem.

For pictures, I still prefer to use to just directly share my screen. I have a program that always plays the media at specific size (1280x720) and at specific location. After that I can choose to share parts of the monitor.

The “portion of the screen” share option remembers which portion of the monitor you shared last time. So using the program I mentioned before, which always displays picture at the same size and location, I have been able to work with all media flawlessly.

It seems a nice app but I find my current configuration to work very good as it is now

I use 2 monitors, and before the sharing I start the video playing on jwl and press pause. When I press "ALT+S" it starts sharing immediately (need to configure this option 1st, on the sharing options) - No need to load anything first

If I have a video or images to share, that are not present on jwl, I just use "OnlyM" (part of the previous soundbox software) and the "ALT+S" option

No need for aditional soft on my part :wink:

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

It seems a nice app but I find my current configuration to work very good as it is now

I use 2 monitors, and before the sharing I start the video playing on jwl and press pause. When I press "ALT+S" it starts sharing immediately (need to configure this option 1st, on the sharing options) - No need to load anything first

If I have a video or images to share, that are not present on jwl, I just use "OnlyM" (part of the previous soundbox software) and the "ALT+S" option

No need for aditional soft on my part :wink:

Doing the same thing 👍

12 hours ago, Qapla said:

Click on the "Share" button

image.png.7a2b35b58e729688a60278f5f7b7a7f3.png

You should have a screen pop up that has these options at the top of the box, select the "Advanced" option

image.png.c48bd9f12026d2f1ba6bc3ce0781e14f.png

These are options available on my screen - the "Share Video" is marked

image.png.02fd951b1c2ffe6bbd68b0881095e8e3.png

As I said its not there.

• 11 months later...

Latest updates to JW Meeting Media Fetcher,  version 22.4.1 and 22.4.0  have many nice new features and improvements:

What's Changed - 22.4.1

• Made the "play music" button confirmation easier to understand (thanks for your feedback)
  • Prevented failure of app in cases where the periodic cleanup wasn't successful for some reason
  • Added congregation name to anonymized preferences, when reporting bugs

What's Changed - 22.4.0

• New feature: Added support for multiple congregations and groups! 🚀
    Note: After updating, you will be prompted to configure a congregation name.
  • New feature: Allow offline use of JWMMF
  • New feature: Added keyboard shortcuts for background music and media presentation mode.
    Note: hovering over buttons will reveal a tooltip with their keyboard shortcuts, where available.
  • Allow for custom dated folders (for non-standard meetings, such as the Memorial)

https://github.com/sircharlo/jw-meeting-media-fetcher/releases/tag/v22.4.1

• 1 month later...

Meeting Media Manager, or  for short, is an app for Windows, macOS and Linux, that automatically downloads pictures and videos that will be considered during congregation meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses, in any language found on JW.org. It features recurring and custom media management, as well as an optional sync feature for members of the same congregation, as well as support for multiple congregations and/or groups using the same computer account.

Note: M³ used to be known as JWMMF (JW Meeting Media Fetcher), but was renamed in May 2022.