JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Next World Emergency

Now that the "current" pandemic is winding down in some areas, what do you think the next major worldwide catastrophe will be?

Another global pandemic?

A World War?

World Famine?

Environmental disaster that affects the entire planet with immediate consequences?

A global fresh water shortage?

Solar radiation?

Terrorists?

Racial rioting?

What's your guess?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Stirin' the pot, eh Richard?

My fear is that it will all go back to what it was, same 'ol same 'ol. Nothing but degrading civilizations. More lack of love and kindness. More corruption and unfairness. THAT is my biggest fear.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

44 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Trottigy guessed the current pandemic several months in advance, so I was wondering if someone else could do the same thing. I personally don't think this pandemic will lead directly to the GT so I'm just curious what everyone thinks may happen next. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The next major event I’m looking for is found in Revelation 16:21. Big chucks of chocolate on falling from the sky.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs?

25 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The next major event I’m looking for is found in Revelation 16:21. Big chucks of chocolate on falling from the sky.

Dark chocolate falls on one side of the earth.

Light chocolate falls on the other side. :D 

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

Dark chocolate falls on one side of the earth.

Light chocolate falls on the other side. :D 

Unless the earth really IS flat.  Then, the world would be a box of chocolates.  (Sorry, Forrest :D )

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Trottigy guessed the current pandemic several months in advance, so I was wondering if someone else could do the same thing. I personally don't think this pandemic will lead directly to the GT so I'm just curious what everyone thinks may happen next. 

Someone shoots an archduke in Austria.

No.  Wait.  That's already been done.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

My fear is that it will all go back to what it was, same 'ol same 'ol. Nothing but degrading civilizations. More lack of love and kindness. More corruption and unfairness. THAT is my biggest fear.

Really sad .. Wider gap of rich and poor. 

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Terrorists?

If I had to single out one point then I cannot rule out another major event sponsored/carried out by terrorists...(also I have this feeling that major religiously motivated terrorist  attack may contribute to the "hatred" of the harlot - personal speculative opinion) 

Australia’s national intelligence agency is predicting a terrorist attack on our soil within the next 12 months.

Australia’s top intelligence agency has warned it is likely the nation will see an ideologically or religiously motivated terrorist attack within the next 12 months. Appearing before Parliament’s intelligence and security committee the ASIO Director-General Mike Burgess said there is reason to believe lone actors and groups have both the capability and intent to carry out a terror attack. “The terrorism threat level remains probable … If you look at our current case load, we still think that Sunni based violent extremism is the major concern. https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6250977795001

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

43 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I have this feeling that major religiously motivated terrorist  attack

I suspect we will see more terrorist attacks soon. The travel industry has been stalled for over a year and people will want to start traveling as much as they can, that's a perfect time for terrorists to make a highly visible attack. 

48 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I suspect we will see more terrorist attacks soon. The travel industry has been stalled for over a year and people will want to start traveling as much as they can, that's a perfect time for terrorists to make a highly visible attack. 

I also suspect that withdrawal of “western troops” from Afghanistan may embolden some to do something. Powerful power vacuum will inevitably follow the withdrawal.  (I could be wrong though) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

If I had to single out one point then I cannot rule out another major event sponsored/carried out by terrorists...(also I have this feeling that major religiously motivated terrorist  attack may contribute to the "hatred" of the harlot - personal speculative opinion) 

Australia’s national intelligence agency is predicting a terrorist attack on our soil within the next 12 months.

Australia’s top intelligence agency has warned it is likely the nation will see an ideologically or religiously motivated terrorist attack within the next 12 months. Appearing before Parliament’s intelligence and security committee the ASIO Director-General Mike Burgess said there is reason to believe lone actors and groups have both the capability and intent to carry out a terror attack. “The terrorism threat level remains probable … If you look at our current case load, we still think that Sunni based violent extremism is the major concern. https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6250977795001

Another fearmonger news? ... sigh!.. anyway, terrorism is always a worldwide problem. 

This pandemic. I don’t know. Look at India. And this country is thinking about opening up more? Nothing would surprise me. Nothing. It’s not over Til it’s over. And it is not over, by a long shot. 
I’ve heard here and there about a food crises. We may scoff at it, but it does not take much in the food supply chain to skew things up. Royally. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Today there are ever so many scenarios for ruining the earth. But the sole scenario envisioned 70 years ago stlll cannot be ruled out.

”Why do you Jehovah’s Witnesses always have to think things are getting worse?” one atheist asked me. “What is it about that view that does it for you?”

”It helps me to explain why the Doomsday Clock is one minute before midnight and not 10:30 AM,” I replied.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Now that the "current" pandemic is winding down in some areas, what do you think the next major worldwide catastrophe will be?

Another global pandemic?

A World War?

World Famine?

Environmental disaster that affects the entire planet with immediate consequences?

A global fresh water shortage?

Solar radiation?

Terrorists?

Racial rioting?

Yes

Edited by Katty

43 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Terrorists attack. I keep expecting a dirty bomb or some major biological attack. 

My guess is a cruise ship but it's more likely to be a major metropolitan area, perhaps several attacks in different areas at the same time so it's a more global reaction.

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

some major biological attack

This. Most of us have not been properly taught by the government about how to respond. Fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, yes. But how many people actually know what to do in case of biological attack? And it's happens so fast. And what irks me is that people will wait until after it happens to then start talking about it and start rolling out information about how to respond, after the fact. 

Edited by M.J.

32 minutes ago, M.J. said:

And what irks me is that people will wait until after it happens to then start talking about it and start rolling out information about how to respond, after the fact. 

This was updated about two months ago.

https://www.ready.gov/Bioterrorism

@TortugaYes, but is the average person aware of it?

When atomic bombs were first a threat, schools would have children have practice drills to make sure they knew what to do. We need to do the same now regarding biological threats. 

Edited by M.J.