JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #7

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 950 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Brother Lösch read 2 Kings 5:13 (when discussing the example of Naaman) and that automatically reminded me of Luke 16:10…

2 Kings 5:13 His servants now approached him and said: “My father, if the prophet had told you to do something extraordinary, would you not do it? How much more, then, since he only said to you, ‘Wash and be clean’?” 

Luke 16:10 The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much.

During the pandemic, we have received several very simple (but life-saving!) directions from the Governing Body and the local elders (e.g. shelter in place, wear masks, stock-up on supplies etc) and we would want to obey these just as we would obey their direction to go to the attic/basement or whatever other direction we will receive during the great tribulation. It is just as important!

2 hours ago, Skye said:

Brother Lösch read 2 Kings 5:13 (when discussing the example of Naaman) and that automatically reminded me of Luke 16:10…

During the pandemic, we have received several very simple (but life-saving!) directions from the Governing Body and the local elders (e.g. shelter in place, wear masks, stock-up on supplies etc) and we would want to obey these just as we would obey their direction to go to the attic/basement or whatever other direction we will receive during the great tribulation. It is just as important!

That was the point

That IS the point 🤗🤗🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 hours ago, Skye said:

I went grocery shopping this morning and I was a little shocked at how many people were not wearing masks. There was a young couple with two small children, who were standing right beside me, and none of them were wearing a mask. At least half of the customers were not wearing masks, and the checkers/cashiers along with the box girls/boys were not wearing masks. I felt like some were looking at me as if I were a hypochondriac, but as you said, it's such a simple (but life-saving!)thing to do that shows our faithfulness and obedience to wise direction.  

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Certainly not a big deal, but...

Did anyone notice Brother Lösch mispronounced the name Naaman when he discussed 2 Kings chapter 5? According to the pronunciation guides in the Bible (paper or electronic versions), it should be:

Naʹa·man

The emphasis mark is on the first syllable. This is consistent with the verbal pronunciation in the Insight volume in the Watchtower Library (DVD), and with the old Bible reading recordings. However, Brother Lösch consistently pronounced it with the emphasis on the second syllable.

I'm not sure what to make of that just yet. And you...? (No comment is necessary since, as mentioned, it's not a big deal.)

English is not his first language, so that might be the culprit when it comes to pronunciation.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I am vaccinated but still wear a mask wherever I go because I can still have COVID and pass it on to the unvaccinated, I get wierd looks and stares too.  People who are vaccinated think I'm not so they're mad at me for not getting vaccinated and the people who aren't vaccinated think I shouldn't be wearing a mask at all, whether I'm vaccinated or not. No one even considers that I am showing respect and sanctity for THEIR life.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

12 hours ago, shali said:

I am vaccinated but still wear a mask wherever I go because I can still have COVID and pass it on to the unvaccinated, I get wierd looks and stares too.  People who are vaccinated think I'm not so they're mad at me for not getting vaccinated and the people who aren't vaccinated think I shouldn't be wearing a mask at all, whether I'm vaccinated or not. No one even considers that I am showing respect and sanctity for THEIR life.

That's the irony.

Half of us wear a mask so that we can help prevent the others from catching anything we might have. The other half don't wear a mask and view us as nutcases for doing so.

What a crazy society!