JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #7

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 943 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I wonder what it will be about?

I really think it's going to be about Covid-19. 

Maybe one variant will be so bad it would be Covid-22 or something? 

Time will tell. 😐

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

12 hours ago, Jonadab said:

Let's wait, it can be friday or maybe after the congress ends on Sunday!

Do NOT depend on congress!! They sessions during the night that we do not know about. I have proof of this.

The Simpsons" Homer the Great (TV Episode 1995) - IMDb

DEMOCRACY AT ITS BEST!!!

Edited by Dustparticle

I believe the updates are concerning the pandemic outbreak although they all zone in on a particular aspect or group of people affected by the outbreak (teens, children, older ones or how our brothers are doing in certain areas of the country).  It always breaks my heart to hear how many brothers and sisters came so close to seeing Jehovah's Great Day only to die because of Covid. I think the last number we got was 19,000 or so. That's the only part of the update that I dread, hearing the latest number. When you combine this pandemic with all the disaster relief the organization is doing, it's amazing they are getting anything done!  I'm truly in awe of this unity and love in this organization. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 hour ago, shali said:

I believe the updates are concerning the pandemic outbreak although they all zone in on a particular aspect or group of people affected by the outbreak (teens, children, older ones or how our brothers are doing in certain areas of the country).  It always breaks my heart to hear how many brothers and sisters came so close to seeing Jehovah's Great Day only to die because of Covid. I think the last number we got was 19,000 or so. That's the only part of the update that I dread, hearing the latest number. When you combine this pandemic with all the disaster relief the organization is doing, it's amazing they are getting anything done!  I'm truly in awe of this unity and love in this organization. 

Well all the updates isn’t exclusively about the pandemic, this is one reason why we have renamed it from its original name coronavirus update to governing body update. If the pandemic ends before the great tribulation does, the updates are here to stay. 

11 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Well all the updates isn’t exclusively about the pandemic, this is one reason why we have renamed it from its original name coronavirus update to governing body update. If the pandemic ends before the great tribulation does, the updates are here to stay. 

Pandemic is here to stay, if so so will the updates. Not matter what, we are in for a ride.

5 hours ago, koala1999 said:

I also think that updates will continue after the pandemic, as in the days we live in constant change, the governing body needs to inform us quickly without having to wait for a watchtower or a monthly broadcast that takes months to be done.

I'm very ok with a future Update about the start of the GT :D 

37 minutes ago, shali said:

I think my problem is that I associate the updates with the pandemic since that is when they started.  I don't remember getting any "updates" before the pandemic started.

It started in the Spring of 2020.  There were 9 updates in 2020.  The updates continued this year and we have had 6 presentations so far (through July 2021).  the average is almost one per month but not exactly.  Most contain some information about Covid-19 and the effect of the pandemic.  But after the first couple of videos, other updating has been included.

15 minutes ago, jwhess said:

It started in the Spring of 2020.  There were 9 updates in 2020.  The updates continued this year and we have had 6 presentations so far (through July 2021).  the average is almost one per month but not exactly.  Most contain some information about Covid-19 and the effect of the pandemic.  But after the first couple of videos, other updating has been included.

The pandemic was announced in the US in the first part of March 2020. That is why I assumed the updates were because of the pandemic.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

9 hours ago, shali said:

I think my problem is that I associate the updates with the pandemic since that is when they started.  I don't remember getting any "updates" before the pandemic started.

It’s also because in the beginning they were going to be just about the pandemic, the first two were actually called coronavirus update, but it was changed to Governing Body update because the governing body determined that because the world is changing/deteriorating so fast, they will need to provide such updates from here on out, even if the pandemic ends. Nice to have had a brother who works in the Jw Broadcasting department give a talk! 

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

but it was changed to Governing Body update because the governing body determined that because the world is changing/deteriorating so fast, they will need to provide such updates from here on out, even if the pandemic ends.

This just shows how Jehovah is attentive to our needs.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

20 hours ago, shali said:

That's because they are connected to the pandemic.  As @On the huhsaid, they are like shepherding visits. A monthly boost of encouragement. They may not directly talk about the pandemic and its affects, but they are meant to encourage us to help us endure the pandemic and it's affects.

Just like stopping by and visiting or calling a sick friend. You don't always have to discuss their illness, but the underlying reason for your visit is because they are sick. 

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

This just shows how Jehovah is attentive to our needs.

I agree! Someone had asked why they changed the name and I was like I didn’t even catch that. But I’m glad they asked. Shows you how, as bro. Lett said, that we are “deep deep” in the end, anytime the GB feels the need to provide regular status updates. Beautiful arrangement, no one can ever say the governing body doesn’t do all they can to feed and care for us!!