JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #10

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 817 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Very sad about the total deaths, yet rest is very heart warming about those returning to Jehovah and learning how to read and write.  I can see with Jehovah's help, the GB is on the ball.

My heart broke 💔 when it was mentioned we lost over 5,000 more brothers since the last number was given. How sad for the friends and families left behind. 

But yes, I enjoyed learning about the hard work to try to bring back those who have left Jehovah. How happy that must make Jehovah and his heavenly organization. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

17 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Even with the advice and instructions from the GB, we are losing about 1000 brothers a month.  That is almost a Circuit full of publishers every 4 weeks., Wow.

We can say how many died because they ignored their advice. Many are surrounded by school and workmates who did not get their shots, and ignoring social distancing. There some who got their shots are still getting it too. There are factors is involved here.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

We can say how many died because they ignored their advice. Many are surrounded by school and workmates who did not get their shots, and ignoring social distancing. There some who got their shots are still getting it too. There are factors is involved here.

Unfortunately, they are still dead regardless of the personal involvement.  As Br. Morris said, use masks, physical distancing, wash hands and get vaccinates (if possible).  We do not have panic or undue fear.  But we want to do our best to stay "in the land of the living" as was mentioned in GB update #9.

34 minutes ago, jwhess said:

, use masks, physical distancing, wash hands and get vaccinates (if possible).  We do not have panic or undue fear

When I drive my 14 yr old to school before getting out of the car he asks for another splash of hand sanitizer. As I'm going to work in retail next I don't argue the point. He's vaccinated, careful and has kept himself safe. When I get home from work I'm avoided by family until I've changed and washed. It's lonely but it's wise.

I cannot comment on the situations of our thousand dear dead one's per month as I don't know them but I do know the Society gives clear advice. Btw, have lost three family and friends in the last 13 months but none to Covid.

45 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Unfortunately, they are still dead regardless of the personal involvement.  As Br. Morris said, use masks, physical distancing, wash hands and get vaccinates (if possible).  We do not have panic or undue fear.  But we want to do our best to stay "in the land of the living" as was mentioned in GB update #9.

You are right my brother, but many of our friends has to deal with those who are “in the land of the dead”and it is causing problems. They are not working in branch offices where 99 percent who are vaccinated. They are working and doing other things in the world in order to live. Like Jesus says,  they are in the world (John 17:11) In 2021  we are at risk because of it. SAD times.

I really appreciated the part about doing all we can to assist inactivate ones in coming back to the truth. I know we are always encouraged to invite inactive ones to the memorial but I don’t remember a time when we were encouraged to try to assist all inactive ones we know to come back to Jehovah.
This shows that time is swiftly running out and Jehovah’s trying to gather all honest hearted ones before the end comes.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Imagine, booster shot in chocolate ! Everybody vaxxed in a couple of days :D

willy wonka GIF

They tried that. There were some unfortunate side effects for the test group, the good news is they have formed a boy band. :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Recently sang song 42, entitled The Prayer of God’s Servant. Thought about how appropriate the lyrics are these days when the world is more and more becoming an impossible place to live in. Have you sung it recently? If not, do it, and take the lyrics to heart. This is verse 3:

“While in this world, we have tribulation.
We look to you for hope and consolation.
Father, we throw our burden on you.
Give us the will and strength to continue.
Help us, please, to do your will,
And our vows to you fulfill.”

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102016842&par=0

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”