JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fake Ukrainian videos

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 787 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Here is an update from CNN

Screenshot_20220226-071917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ea3b80c97f3347673c2c1740da528a06.jpg

I saw another one where someone in Ukraine is saying how scared they are for their life 🙈to the camera  …and then behind him you can see a tourist taking snaps …

It’s so hard to believe almost Anything in the media anymore. 

I just saw some more pictures where the same chap has been killed in Ukraine but was also killed in Afghanistan…

And another where shelling was portrayed as Ukraine but actually happened in Israel in 2018. 
The bbc displaying a fighter jet scene (oops by accident it’s from a parade from 2019)

like what is going on!??

There is Russian propaganda NO DOUBT but there is also anti/Russian propaganda (by whom? 🤔)

again I say the only words we can truly trust are in the Holy Scriptures. 

It motivates me to go study chapter 18 of Revelations…

7 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

like what is going on!??

There is Russian propaganda NO DOUBT but there is also anti/Russian propaganda (by whom? 🤔)

And there is also people who just want to stir the pot and get attention. 

For example, 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourist_guy#/media/File%3ATourist_guy.jpg

Some internet wannabe made this pic to claim it was the last pic from the WTC before 9/11.  This was proved to be fake. 

Some people are just idiots. 

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

Oh yes, because CNN is such a RELIABLE source for news....🤮

Jehovah sees what is going on and that's all we really need to know. However the information from CNN about fake videos is a good reminder that we need to be careful about we share.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, FindingJonah said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60528276

Uk fake news outlet Bbc :) is even reporting on the fake news

28 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Oh yes, because CNN is such a RELIABLE source for news....🤮

This really isn't the best opportunity to express opinions on what is real and fake news source. There is a time and place for everything. Let's show some class and keep this about the topic at hand and leave our socio-political comments to another topic. 

NEWS as is generally available and loss of situational truth has become another way Satan has figured out how to divide US and hurt US!  And I mean literally "hurt us"!   But I would rather "know" facts and be quietly shunned or subtly mocked than to not know facts.   All the NORMS are being messed with, it is a scary part of the last days of Satanic plots and twists.  Be judicious when shaking the gullible...   Words work in ways you are not intending.

Thank you for the reminders. There was even a fake reality-check website run by a political party here a while back. I think they just parroted their manifesto.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

34 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

This really isn't the best opportunity to express opinions on what is real and fake news source. There is a time and place for everything. Let's show some class and keep this about the topic at hand and leave our socio-political comments to another topic. 

When and what thread can we be classy on? 😳

I’ve been holding back but im all ready to go “full south Dublin” 

2B94685B-C487-456E-B115-0CD3A30ADF6B.jpeg

I saw another one where someone in Ukraine is saying how scared they are for their life to the camera  …and then behind him you can see a tourist taking snaps …

It’s so hard to believe almost Anything in the media anymore. 

Not just in the media, also what your friends are sharing, what you see and read on social media, including this site.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_202007_10_VIDEO

Uk fake news outlet Bbc  is even reporting on the fake news

BBC is usually considered quite respectable when it comes to news reporting, but you always need to show discernment.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

Not just in the media, also what your friends are sharing, what you see and read on social media, including this site.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_202007_10_VIDEO
BBC is usually considered quite respectable when it comes to news reporting, but you always need to show discernment.

Agreed on the comment about the BBC… along with PBS and perhaps Al Jazeera….

3 hours ago, FindingJonah said:

When and what thread can we be classy on? 😳

I’ve been holding back but im all ready to go “full south Dublin” 

Please feel free to start a topic on this subject in the Alt News forum.  We just want to keep the Ukrainian topics free of disagreements. 

7 hours ago, FindingJonah said:

Uk fake news outlet Bbc :) is even reporting on the fake news

This post is a bit ambiguous. This BBC report is on their 'Reality Check' page, showing what reports and pics are fake.

We need to be careful how we word things so that people don't get the wrong end of the stick.

https://www.bbc.com/news/reality_check

https://www.bbc.com/news/60528276

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

8 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

There is Russian propaganda NO DOUBT but there is also anti/Russian propaganda (by whom?)

There is a whole community of Crisis Actors (some children!) to stage the pictures we have gotten used to on Tell-lie-vision.   You can order up enough crisis actors to make a peaceful protest into an insurrection on video!  If simple people have faked their own death, you can only imagine who can be benefitted in politics by STAGED deaths.   Deaths (done up right), on the evening news can raise the ire of a whole community or nation, and make or break an election if your pockets are deep enough... Mothers with babies hopeful to move governments to war if possible and paid well, especially if their video goes viral. 

Speaking of money, pictures also drive the profitability of donation funds.  Pictures make heroes of everyone getting on board to movements, medicines, animal causes.  Aiee!!  Ukrainians who are drug dealers and human traffickers will make videos to sway you against Putin (like you needed a nudge!).  Ukrainian businesspeople who are in bed with the banking Cabal (and their American partners) make videos to make you think they believe in God above and need your gov support.   There are plans to give the Ukraine 6.4 billion dollars for something and hopefully someone gets a HERO badge out of that big a paycheck!  

3 hours ago, Geralyn said:

There is a whole community of Crisis Actors (some children!) to stage the pictures we have gotten used to on Tell-lie-vision.   You can order up enough crisis actors to make a peaceful protest into an insurrection on video!  If simple people have faked their own death, you can only imagine who can be benefitted in politics by STAGED deaths.   Deaths (done up right), on the evening news can raise the ire of a whole community or nation, and make or break an election if your pockets are deep enough... Mothers with babies hopeful to move governments to war if possible and paid well, especially if their video goes viral. 

Speaking of money, pictures also drive the profitability of donation funds.  Pictures make heroes of everyone getting on board to movements, medicines, animal causes.  Aiee!!  Ukrainians who are drug dealers and human traffickers will make videos to sway you against Putin (like you needed a nudge!).  Ukrainian businesspeople who are in bed with the banking Cabal (and their American partners) make videos to make you think they believe in God above and need your gov support.   There are plans to give the Ukraine 6.4 billion dollars for something and hopefully someone gets a HERO badge out of that big a paycheck!  

This is conspiracy theory territory. The idea of crisis actors comes from these theories. People who believe these theories have caused a lot of undue trauma to the families of those who have died in events such as the Sandy hook elementary shooting. 

True crisis actors do it simply to train emergency personnel. They are part of staged emergencies so police and fire fighters know how to deal with active shooter situations etc. much like fire drills. This is absolutely not the same thing as what these conspiracies are about. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Yes the Ukrainians are very likely on the same corrupt bandwagon as the Russians, after all they are all puppets of Satan. For us however I see many of the comments above that make me for one question ones neutrality.  I'll pray for you and I'll pray for our brothers in Ukraine who are suffering from the war and I'll pray for the hundreds of the friends that are enduring unspeakable torture, persecutions and imprisonment in Russia.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 hours ago, rocket said:

Yes the Ukrainians are very likely on the same corrupt bandwagon as the Russians, after all they are all puppets of Satan. For us however I see many of the comments above that make me for one question ones neutrality.  I'll pray for you 

Questioning the narrative (as some are) is not the same as not being neutral? Do you mean that if we follow what mainstream media says like cnn fox or bbc (I’m generalising here I don’t know much about USA chancels) and agree with their narrative we are safe and neutral?
But those who say “there are lies being told” and being healthily circumspect about information which frankly is almost always going to be 3rd hand are non-neutral?

I haven’t seen evidence on non neutrality yet. 😃

I remind myself every day we live in Satan’s system. He is the master narrator. And he is the ruler of the air(waves)

Doyou have any proof, or is this just suspected or political garbage?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

This is the best way to evaluate what we are hearing. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/conspiracy-theories-misinformation/

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

6 hours ago, Thesauron said:

is this just suspected or political garbage?

Can You Trust the News Media? (jw.org)   The world accepts this of Ukrainian politics and business.   Corruption in Ukraine - Wikipedia 

Access to factual news of what has transpired in the US and Canada for the last 2 years shows this state of corruption is much worse that the 2013 information above!  In every level of government there is a battle for control and secrecy vs providing safety and justice.   I haven't heard any prayers for the brothers and sisters who live right here in areas where police are "defunded", maligned and hamstrung over politics.  I discovered this after a family member and his partner were attacked with gasoline bombs and needed our "prayers" and help with hospital care.  Just knowing the "news" is made to seem like divination!  The words of Christ is that Satan is "the ruler of this world" (John 12, 14, 16). 

Proverbs 18:24 There are companions ready to crush one another... Is that us?  Today's Watchtower points to many good tips for appealing in peace even to those who are dishonorable (in our minds).

Can You Trust the News Media? (jw.org)   The world accepts this of Ukrainian politics and business.   Corruption in Ukraine - Wikipedia 

Access to factual news of what has transpired in the US and Canada for the last 2 years shows this state of corruption is much worse that the 2013 information above!  In every level of government there is a battle for control and secrecy vs providing safety and justice.   I haven't heard any prayers for the brothers and sisters who live right here in areas where police are "defunded", maligned and hamstrung over politics.  I discovered this after a family member and his partner were attacked with gasoline bombs and needed our "prayers" and help with hospital care.  Just knowing the "news" is made to seem like divination!  The words of Christ is that Satan is "the ruler of this world" (John 12, 14, 16). 

Proverbs 18:24 There are companions ready to crush one another... Is that us?  Today's Watchtower points to many good tips for appealing in peace even to those who are dishonorable (in our minds).

The jw.org article is fine. I’ve read it. It has nothing to do with the accusation presented, I believe. You should ALWAYS use common sense when believing any sources. Speaking of that, Wikipedia is up for anyone to add material to. This is slightly problematic.

We always pray for brothers and sister everywhere who experience hardships, economical or physical. Sometimes we pray for brothers and sister we personally know, sometimes for brothers and sisters living under difficult circumstances that we do not know personally. Sometimes the situations might become extremely difficult for a time, people might have to flee their homes, or find their neighbourhoods torn apart and their own neutrality tested to the limit. And so we focus a bit extra on helping these friends materially and spiritually. And the prayer of a righteous person is a powerful tool.

Political parties will want to discredit news sources when they do not report the news according to their world view. We try to use common sense and wisdom and knowledge to overcome that. And we stay out of party politics.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”