JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

2 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

A very dangerous news is that probably Russians finishing to mine Zaporizzya nuclear power plant - the largest in the Europe. Very alarming that they already have evacuated all the Russian staff and those workers who have got the contract with Russian nuclear agency. Also they have provided all the people in the near city Energodar by jod pills (however expired in 1994)

This might indicate thet they are preparing to explode (probably cooling water lake and some other buildings) to stop Ukrainian troops offensive.

I don't think that this will be like Chernobyl nuclear case, but something like Fukushima maybe...

Big territory especially down to Dnipro and Black sea can be polluted. Nobody can know a results.

Of course Russians will declare that this was Ukrainian act, and they are already preparing for this in their mass media.

Previous explosion of Khahovka dam show that this can be very very real and sad scenario...

NYT recently has made investigation that dam has been exploded only from inside tunnel by russian troops, as being constructed on Cold war to stay on any outside bomb ever nuclear bomb. Anyway Russians blame Ukraine in this and all the future inhuman acts...

Many brothers still lives close to power station in million sites as Zaporizzya, Kherson and others...

I am worry about them..

I’ve been praying for Jehovah s protection for all his loyal servants 

this possible attack is being mentioned in our media and I’m deeply concerned 😦 

hugs prayers and love for all you dearest brothers and sisters victims of cruelty ❤️❤️

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 3 weeks later...

News reports are saying Russia intends to secure a strategic narrow strip of land between Belarus and the Russian Baltic  outpost Kaliningrad.

This 60-mile strategic strip is also the border between Poland and Lithuania.  It's called the Suwalki Corridor.  It doesn't appear to belong to Russia.  But is a vital "land bridge" directly between Belarus and Putin's Baltic Fleet.

The news says this could trigger NATO's Article 5;  An attack on one is an attack on all.

If we didn't know Jehovah, we could easily think "the nerve of him!!"

It's a very brazen intent by Putin, and shows very blatantly how humans have learned nothing from history, especially the suffering of WW2 under the madness of land grabs by Hitler.

We thank you Jehovah for keeping us sane.

34 minutes ago, Doug said:

News reports are saying Russia intends to secure a strategic narrow strip of land between Belarus and the Russian Baltic  outpost Kaliningrad.

It’s funny that I only noticed that piece of land by chance in a map illustrating a piece of news last week

how come I never saw it before?

between Poland and Lithuania lies Russian territory detached from Russia main land 🤔

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It’s funny that I only noticed that piece of land by chance in a map illustrating a piece of news last week

how come I never saw it before?

between Poland and Latvia lies Russian territory detached from Russia main land 🤔

Me too.  I wonder how this small area became Russia?   Maybe Russia should make a tunnel for themselves instead of starting WWIII.

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Me too.  I wonder how this small area became Russia?   Maybe Russia should make a tunnel for themselves instead of starting WWIII.

This only shows that Daniel s prophecy is in full fullfillment 

Dan.11:42

IMG_2781.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

The oblast is bordered by Poland to the south, Lithuania to the north and east, and the Baltic Sea to the northwest. The territory was formerly the northern part of the Prussian province of East Prussia; the remaining southern part of the province is today part of the Warmian–Masurian Voivodeship in Poland. With the defeat of Nazi Germany in World War II, the territory was annexed to the Russian SFSR by the Soviet Union. Following the post-war migration and flight and expulsion of Germans, the territory was populated with Soviet citizens, mostly Russians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaliningrad_Oblast

27 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

The oblast is bordered by Poland to the south, Lithuania to the north and east, and the Baltic Sea to the northwest. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaliningrad_Oblast

That was an interesting read.  Thanks for the reference.

Key Point:  The collapse of the Soviet Union and full dissolution in 1991 exacerbated Kaliningrad's isolation. Since the Baltic states became independent, Kaliningrad Oblast (Province) has been separated from the rest of Russia by other countries rather than by other Soviet republics. The isolation became more severe when both Poland and Lithuania became members of NATO.  All military and civilian land links between the region and the rest of Russia now must pass through members of NATO and the EU .

And so the idea of securing a "land bridge" , The Suwalki Corridor, for military and strategic purposes, across the sovereign territory of NATO nations, is incomprehensible.

6 hours ago, Doug said:

This 60-mile strategic strip is also the border between Poland and Lithuania.  It's called the Suwalki Corridor.  It doesn't appear to belong to Russia.  But is a vital "land bridge" directly between Belarus and Putin's Baltic Fleet.

The news says this could trigger NATO's Article 5;  An attack on one is an attack on all.

And how on earth they will get there? 

They hardly hold on to where they already are in Ukraine.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

And how on earth they will get there? 

They hardly hold on to where they already are in Ukraine.

Wagner group is in bielorrus already training other soldiers. 

But crossing the line it´s the tricky part 

12 hours ago, Shawnster said:

With the defeat of Nazi Germany in World War II, the territory was annexed to the Russian SFSR by the Soviet Union.

Interesting that this territory (East Prussia) legally was occupied only on 50 years in 1945, but this has been forgotten during a time...

2 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

I`m not think that Russia or its proxy forces will do that,

because this automatically will raise paragraph 5 of NATO agreement - declaration of war by all NATO members.  

If Ukrainian military forces start a huge siege around crimea isolationg it ... Russian troops will have a lot to worry about in the south...

17 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

If we didn't know Jehovah, we could easily think "the nerve of him!!"

It's a very brazen intent by Putin, and shows very blatantly how humans have learned nothing from history, especially the suffering of WW2 under the madness of land grabs by Hitler.

We thank you Jehovah for keeping us sane.

Humans have had a disastrous history of forgetting. In just one or two generations people do the same stupid things that they did in the past, all because Satan's tactics never change- he directs this madness. I was able to witness to my boss this morning on this topic, he's so fed up with life in general. Can we blame him? Nope.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

Interesting that this territory (East Prussia) legally was occupied only on 50 years in 1945, but this has been forgotten during a time...

We, the elderly persons and there descendents in Germany forget this not. The wife from my uncle was an East-Prussia Refugee.

Edited by Exter

Andrey Kartapolov, a Russian politician and former colonel in the Russian military is quoted "Should anything happen, we need this Suwalki Corridor very much."

Saber rattling?     Hyperbole?

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Andrey Kartapolov, a Russian politician and former colonel in the Russian military is quoted "Should anything happen, we need this Suwalki Corridor very much."

That´s insane! Poland is a NATO member. It would start a war against NATO!

Me, trying to find more details in Daniel´s prophecy:

Speed Reading GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

That´s insane! Poland is a NATO member. It would start a war against NATO!

Me, trying to find more details in Daniel´s prophecy:

Speed Reading GIFs | Tenor

I strongly believe that Russia cannot get entangled in a war with another country, (especially taking into consideration strong military of Poland https://www.leftvoice.org/poland-plans-to-become-the-most-powerful-military-power-in-europe/more so with whole NATO.

Unless Russia goes crazy???, which cannot be ruled out as well.

What is happening now is not exactly sane either. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I strongly believe that Russia cannot get entangled in a war with another country, (especially taking into consideration strong military of Poland https://www.leftvoice.org/poland-plans-to-become-the-most-powerful-military-power-in-europe/more so with whole NATO.

Unless Russia goes crazy???, which cannot be ruled out as well.

What is happening now is not exactly sane either. 

Its not sane... but it´s in Daniel´s prophecy. Next step after entering the lands it s to hear the news, go out in rage, plant his tents in a holy land between two seas or according to our translation, between the great sea and the holy mountain. Then he shall reach its end without help (alone).

Eager to see this happening!

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Its not sane... but it´s in Daniel´s prophecy. Next step after entering the lands it s to hear the news, go out in rage, plant his tents in a holy land between two seas or according to our translation, between the great sea and the holy mountain. Then he shall reach its end without help (alone).

What does this have to do with the war in Ukraine? 

5 hours ago, Doug said:

On Polish news this is treated as a fake news. 

Watch from 4.30 min mark. 

Given current situation it’s highly unlikely that Suwałki corridor is going to be entered by Russian forces. Rather, this rumor is spread to keep NATO forces (munition) at the Poland and Lithuania borders. 

The Suwałki corridor is one of the weakest geographical points in NATO defense so Polish and NATO troops are constantly stationing there. 

BTW, the Kalingrad oblast problem (not contiguous territory) is a remnant of political mistakes made by Lithuanian-Polish kings from 500 years ago. 

BTW 2, I learned about this gossip from this forum 😂😄😁

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

6 hours ago, Michał said:

Given current situation it’s highly unlikely that Suwałki corridor is going to be entered by Russian forces. Rather, this rumor is spread to keep NATO forces (munition) at the Poland and Lithuania borders. 

The Suwałki corridor is one of the weakest geographical points in NATO defense so Polish and NATO troops are constantly stationing there. 

BTW, the Kalingrad oblast problem (not contiguous territory) is a remnant of political mistakes made by Lithuanian-Polish kings from 500 years ago. 

BTW 2, I learned about this gossip from this forum 😂😄😁

From the Kaliningrad Territory to Belarus are estimated 140km. Not a great Problem for the Russian Army. I not expect this; but nobody now this. 😲 We will see.

Edited by Exter

More facts over my sight of the things.

13 hours ago, Shawnster said:

What does this have to do with the war in Ukraine? 

it has to do with the king of the north and it’s the next on the prophecy