JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

The BBC reports  ~    The leader of Russia's Wagner mercenary group says he will withdraw his troops from the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut on May 10 because of ammunition shortages.

In his statement on Friday, Prigozhin pinned his decision to withdraw from Bakhmut squarely on the defense ministry.

"Where is the ammunition?  They came here as volunteers and die for you to fatten yourselves in your mahogany offices."

Russia marks Victory Day in WWII on May 9.

• 3 weeks later...

Panic in Ukraine 

Intelligence chiefs in Kyiv have issued an alert over what they claim are Russian plans to simulate an accident at the occupied Zaporizhia nuclear power plant, in an attempt to halt the Ukrainian counteroffensive aimed at retaking territory.

An emergency leak of radioactive substances will be announced in the coming hours, the defence ministry claimed in an online statement oN Friday evening, warning that Ukraine will “traditionally be blamed for the Incident”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-russia-nuclear-power-plant-putin-b2346768.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Cease fire Negotiations on the way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/26/world/europe/ukraine-nato-germany.html

if you can’t open it let me know 

I have the print screens

resume: NATO is trying to convince Zelensky to exchange the ocupied territory for entering NATO.

security in exchange for territory

interesting reading …

back in the XX century something similar happened in Germany after the second WW

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

As long as I've ever known, The New York Times has always hidden behind a paywall. The link doesn't work, even with a VPN positioned in various corners of the world. I think the moderators will let you post a couple of pertinent paragraphs here. Try it and see.

Edited by Sheep

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

As long as I've ever known, The New York Times has always hidden behind a paywall. The link doesn't work, even with a VPN positioned in various corners of the world. I think the moderators will let you post a couple of pertinent paragraphs here. Try it and see.

I dont know in which country are you living, but in EU it opens normally. Like all links, nyt, wp, guardian.

Which of this media is most relevant? I like guardian, but is it objective?

Nyt screenshot.

Screenshot_20230528_203557_Chrome.jpg

Edited by .Ivan.

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

Cease fire Negotiations on the way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/26/world/europe/ukraine-nato-germany.html

if you can’t open it let me know 

I have the print screens

resume: NATO is trying to convince Zelensky to exchange the ocupied territory for entering NATO.

security in exchange for territory

interesting reading …

back in the XX century something similar happened in Germany after the second WW

The article is written in a suggestive/opinion format by the author.

So it is just a viewpoint on N.Y.Times

If battle lines harden, they suggest, the United States should push for peace negotiations, even if neither Ukraine nor Russia seem eager.

That won’t be easy. Ukraine worries that a cease-fire would endorse Russian control over a significant amount of Ukraine; Russia seems to think it can outlast Western support for Ukraine. Neither side is now open to negotiations, and Mr. Zelensky, in his own peace plan, insists that Russian troops first withdraw from all Ukrainian territory.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

We cannot trust NY Times anyway because in January 9, 1966 NY Times mentions GOD IS DEAD. Bunch of fools.

Edited by Dustparticle

Trajectory of conflict between Russia and Ukraine is still clearly upwards, towards escalation. There are promises that Ukraine will receive F-16s and there is a lot of anticipation regarding Ukrainian counteroffensive. And Moscow woke up to sound of explosions by kamikaze drones today...

8 hours ago, Old said:

Kamikaze drones? Wow, I wonder where they get the pilots? :)

The name implies following: Disposable, one-way or “kamikaze” drones offer the advantage of low cost and ease of replacement

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I'm surprised the war is still going on and that Russia seems have not made much progress/Ukraine has pretty much held their ground (yeah, I know Ukraine has received aid). 

I am curious how Ukraine is able to get operators close enough to use drones in Moscow.  Unless Russia is not capable of jamming Ukraine's internet. 

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I'm surprised the war is still going on and that Russia seems have not made much progress/Ukraine has pretty much held their ground (yeah, I know Ukraine has received aid). 

I am curious how Ukraine is able to get operators close enough to use drones in Moscow.  Unless Russia is not capable of jamming Ukraine's internet. 

Drones that were used have a reach of 800 km and have preprogrammed gps coordinates of their destinations when they are launched. So no need for operators near Moscow. For that reason gps itself is ocassionally jammed in Moscow by electronic warfare equipment. However this can cause drones to become confused and crash into civilian targets too.

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Due to "aid" from Nato etc, Ukraine ranks 15 on military power index. 

Ukraine is no longer "poor, forgotten Soviet equipped military"

Russia will find it difficult to deal with it.

Also Russia's military is less trained and has significantly lower morale. 

Surprisingly Israel ranks 18 on the index. 

Germany 25. 

We are listening to the news here in Warwick, NY and around the world.

We heard about the attack on Russian soil by Ukraine.  We pray for our brothers in Ukraine as well as those in Russia. 

Please remain faithful and trust in Jehovah no matter how this may end.

You along with others are face to face, with the end.  We know Jehovah will not allow this to go on longer then need be.

You are in our heart and prayers.  We can feel the thickness and deepness of where we are in the end times.  The stress is real.  May Jehovah be with you.

A little update.

Another big problem that some families are divided. We are sadly joking that a war is 4 reason of separation.

At the first day form begginning of war males who have less that 3 children, less that 60 years, not invalid are banned to cross the border. But no issues for woman and children. In this situaltion many wives with children are abroad, and husbands are in Ukraine. So some families are separated more than a year. 
Somebody 1st time saw husbands after one year from beginning of war. In our congregation 3 families - Elder, MS and another brother. Sisters are afraid to come back. Those ones who stayed here has got habit for air alarms etc, but sisters and children from abroad are panic when visited Ukraine.  So some from their wants to stay abroad till the end of war. We are praying for those families.

Edited by Korotkiy

In bible times families were almost always separated.  Enemies would kidnapped whole families. Ex: David upon coming back from a battle all the women and children were taken by the enemy nation.  Yes, they were recovered however, in war time nothing is guaranteed.

We know that the wives and children are being taken care of by the friends in Poland.  Jehovah has them in His protection.  However, those brothers and fathers that are still in Ukraine at least have that one less worry.  That their family could have been killed is the alternative.

We pray for you brothers.  We carry you in our hearts, prayers and supplications.  Jehovah will reunite your families.  Trust in Jehovah.  Pro. 3:5,6, Trust in Jehovah.......  Isa: 30:15b "Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust"

At this time in these last part of the last days, we are all  in Jehovah's hands.  Now is the time to show our faith, courage and endurance.

We pray that Jehovah supports you and the rest of the friends in Ukraine.

Tonight Russian forces destroyed Kahovska hydroelectric dam that has keeping largest artificial body of water in Europe.

About 80 settlements are under dangerous of flood, water supply of many regions will be interrupted and largest in Europe Zaporizka nuclear power plant have danger to stay without water cooling. Similar situation caused to incident on Fukusima nuclear plant. 

Sisters from our kongregation had evaquated from that region a year ago (under Russian troops now) and their city already flooded.

map.jpg

Edited by Korotkiy

wrong picture text

1 hour ago, Korotkiy said:

Tonight Russian forces destroyed Kahovska hydroelectric dam that has keeping largest artificial body of water in Europe.

About 80 settlements are under dangerous of flood, water supply of many regions will be interrupted and largest in Europe Zaporizka nuclear power plant have danger to stay without water cooling. Similar situation caused to incident on Fukusima nuclear plant. 

Sisters from our kongregation had evaquated from that region a year ago (under Russian troops now) and their city already flooded.

map.jpg

war is business, isnt it?

This horrendous act will destroy many households lives and system suplies

it will cut out water supply from Crimea… I wonder why this has happened? Crimea is under Russian control. 
I guess war is NOT MY BUSINESS to understand 

its evil. period.

may Jehovah protects all our dearest brothers and sisters 

You are all constantly in our prayers 🙏😘❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Sofia