JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

17 minutes ago, Sofia said:

it has to do with the king of the north and it’s the next on the prophecy 

Im not seeing the connection, beyond the fact that Russia (and allies) are the KotN.  How does the war in Ukraine fit in with the prophecy? 

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

Next step after entering the lands it s to hear the news, go out in rage,

Are you saying Ukraine is the land the KotN entered? I lm not following. 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I'm seeing more prophetic relevance in the fact that Russia and China are spending time and ressources in Africa

Iran is not happy with Russia´s attitudes. Russia may loose this ally. Nevertheless, China seems closer than ever to Russia.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

14 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Iran is not happy with Russia´s attitudes. Russia may loose this ally. Nevertheless, China seems closer than ever to Russia.

Curious on what facts are you basing this? What I see is that Iran is selling military drones to Russia (maybe some other military equipment too) and helping Russia to establish its own production of UAVs. And Russia probably helping Iran with its own military know-how.

2 hours ago, Osprey said:

Curious on what facts are you basing this

https://en.irna.ir/amp/85172475/

Iran calls for end of Russia-Ukraine conflict

The diplomat also emphasized that any measure that exacerbates the conflict in Ukraine is considered unconstructive and is against international peace and security, so Iran does not see any move by each side to fan the flame of war in Ukraine in favor of any party.

Respecting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of countries is a recognized and undeniable principle in the world and based on the United Nations Charter, and of course, it is a binding principle for all parties,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani said at a weekly press conference on Monday.

————————————————

but I may had interpreted this wrongly 

maybe it’s just small talk…

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Hm ok but I dont believe what Iranian diplomats are saying at all. IMO they just want to avoid stronger sanctions. They lie all the time about nuclear program and they also lied that they dont sell any weapons to Russia which was proven as blatant lie. Time will tell, but currently I would say they are firmly on Russia's side and will very likely stay there.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:17 PM, Shawnster said:

Im not seeing the connection, beyond the fact that Russia (and allies) are the KotN.  How does the war in Ukraine fit in with the prophecy? 

Are you saying Ukraine is the land the KotN entered? I lm not following. 

It does represent some significance though. I remember there was a speech of a member of GB or its close coworkers about that at some point after 2014 and before Russia openly invaded Ukraine in 2022. There it was mentioned that based on the prophecy we may expect things to get worse and KoTN to "enter more lands" in the future. When hearing about Russia invading Ukraine in 2022 from multiple sides the first thing that was going through my mind was this speech and its words getting fulfilled.

Going forward I am curious if we will see China invading Taiwan (many analysts believe it is inevitable at some point, just a matter of time), war between Iran and Israel/USA and/or Russia advancing in Ukraine or even going into another land (many analysts also believe that Belarus is in a process of slowly being annexed by Russia currently).

18 hours ago, Osprey said:

(many analysts also believe that Belarus is in a process of slowly being annexed by Russia currently).

Quote:  Putin said "As far as Belarus is concerned, it is part of the Union State [with Russia];  unleashing aggression against Belarus will mean aggression against the Russian Federation.  We will respond to this with all the means at our disposal."

Putin has also started stationing tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, according to the Kremlin.

22 hours ago, Doug said:

Quote:  Putin said "As far as Belarus is concerned, it is part of the Union State [with Russia];  unleashing aggression against Belarus will mean aggression against the Russian Federation.  We will respond to this with all the means at our disposal."

Putin has also started stationing tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, according to the Kremlin.

The annexation of Belarus (if it happens) would be more like annexation of Austria by Nazi Germany: peaceful with people cheering.

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Children across Russia have returned to school, where the Kremlin’s narratives about the war in Ukraine and its confrontation with the West are taking an even more prominent spot than before.

Students are expected each week to listen to Russia’s national anthem and watch the country’s tricolor flag being raised, AP reports.

Russian schoolboys parade with a Russian national tricolor flag during a "first bell" ceremony to mark the beginning of the school year in Moscow.

Russian schoolboys parade with a Russian national tricolor flag during a "first bell" ceremony to mark the beginning of the school year in Moscow. Photograph: Yuri Kadobnov/AFP/Getty Images

There’s a weekly subject loosely translated as “Conversations about Important Things,” which was introduced last year with the goal of boosting patriotism.

A new high school history textbook has a chapter on the annexation of the Crimean Peninsula and the “special military operation” — the Kremlin’s euphemism for the war, and some basic military training is included in a course on self-defence and first aid.

Article above is from Guardian. It must be very hard for JW families with children in Russia. I really hope there are not many of them still there. We really have to pray not only for brothers in prison, but for all JWs that are still living in Russia that is turning into a totally militarized extremist state.

On 7/19/2023 at 8:14 AM, Sofia said:

it has to do with the king of the north and it’s the next on the prophecy 

Yes, Russia entering Ukraine appears to be a fulfillment of verse 42. I remember when the war in Ukraine first broke out and we had the first governing body update since the outbreak, brother Sanderson said that from looking at Daniel 11, it’s not surprising that the KOTN would be interested in other lands. 

The interesting thing is that after it talks about him conquering lands and affecting the KOTS, it says “but reports out of the east and north will disturb him” and then he will embark on his campaign against God’s people. This makes me wonder if the final campaign will happen right when he was preoccupied taking over a land?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

44 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

Yes, Russia entering Ukraine appears to be a fulfillment of verse 42. I remember when the war in Ukraine first broke out and we had the first governing body update since the outbreak, brother Sanderson said that from looking at Daniel 11, it’s not surprising that the KOTN would be interested in other lands. 

In case anyone was wondering, here’s the link.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioNewsReports/docid-702022006_1_VIDEO

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

16 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

And this is what was said - right?

We’re well aware that Russia and its allies fill the role described in Daniel chapter 11 as “the king of the north.” When the Governing Body first made this identification at the annual meeting in 2018, we mentioned that the king of the north had already taken possession of Crimea.

When reading Daniel chapter 11, it’s not surprising to see that the king of the north is interested in other territories. Certainly, this is the time to keep on the watch continually and to maintain our Christian neutrality!

Transcript can be found here -> 

So, :42 was already being fulfilled before the current all out war on Ukraine.

In fact, the slave has said :42 has been fulfilled as early as the 1960's with the war in Vietnam:

(Daniel 11:42, 43) Even the king of the south, “Egypt,” did not escape the effects of the expansionist policies of the king of the north. For example, the king of the south suffered a notable defeat in Vietnam. And what of “the Libyans and the Ethiopians”? These neighbors of ancient Egypt might well foreshadow nations that are, geographically speaking, neighbors of modern “Egypt” (the king of the south). At times, they have been followers of—‘at the steps of’—the king of the north.

19 He has indeed had a powerful influence on the way that the king of the south has used his financial resources. Because of fear of his rival, the king of the south has devoted huge sums to maintaining a formidable army, navy, and air force. To this extent, the king of the north ‘ruled over,’ or controlled, the disposition of the wealth of the king of the south.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101999036

The KotN has been like this for many decades. Hopefully this is the last decade  :pray:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

34 minutes ago, trottigy said:

And this is what was said - right?

Transcript can be found here -> 

So, :42 was already being fulfilled before the current all out war on Ukraine.

In fact, the slave has said :42 has been fulfilled as early as the 1960's with the war in Vietnam:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101999036

The KotN has been like this for many decades. Hopefully this is the last decade  :pray:

Yes, I’m familiar with these verses being fulfilled in the past. I said what I said in light of the fact that brother Cook said in the May 2021 broadcast that Russia “may well be the last” KOTN (see 5:19) 😊 I believe that to be the case considering the age of those who make up “this generation.”

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-080_1_VIDEO

16 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

Yes, I’m familiar with these verses being fulfilled in the past. I said what I said in light of the fact that brother Cook said in the May 2021 broadcast that Russia “may well be the last” KOTN (see 5:19) 😊 I believe that to be the case considering the age of those who make up “this generation.”

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-080_1_VIDEO

I'm with you - let's hope that it "MAY" be the last!  :pray:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Continuing on from the comments about Belarus, it seems that not only are they allied to the KotN politically and economically but is following in its crackdown on religion.  We are really starting to see how the interference of BtG in politics is beginning to anger the political nations, starting with the KotN and its allies.

"Last month, “Bitter Winter” reported that, after the place of worship of Pentecostal New Life Church was demolished in Minsk, the authorities banned meetings of devotees outdoors and even online [because] two postings, one on YouTube and one on Instagram, condemned the widespread fraud in the 2020 presidential elections and the violent repression of protesters.

...based on the August 23 decision, the entire Instagram page of New Life and the YouTube video were added to the “Republican List of Extremist Materials” on August 30. New Life was also informed that on August 25 the Molodechno District Court had declared extremist the entire church website.

We have already seen this way of proceeding against religious minorities in Russia. Belarus is just following suit."

https://bitterwinter.org/belarus-persecution-of-new-life-church-enters-a-new-dangerous-stage/

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Yes, they are showing increased hate towards some religious minorities. I am concerned about our friends in Belarus, because they still have a surprising amount of freedom there, but am afraid that this can rapidly change too at some point.

Here are also some of new information about militarization of Russian youth and society (based on UK MoD tweet):

Russian President Vladimir Putin personally held an open lesson with 30 schoolchildren on the first day of term.

Topics in the updated national history exam include Crimean reunification with Russia and the ‘special military operation’ in Ukraine. Russia’s parliament approved the curriculum last year.

One element, the “Basics of Life Safety”, is aimed towards senior students and includes a basic military training module. This will include handling Kalashnikovs, the use of hand grenades, uncrewed aerial vehicle operations, and battlefield first aid. Pupils may also be visited by Ukraine veterans.

The new curriculum serves three objectives: to indoctrinate students with the Kremlin rationale for the ‘special military operation’, instil students with a martial mindset, and reduce training timelines for onwards mobilisation and deployment.

Edited by Osprey

2 hours ago, Osprey said:

Yes, they are showing increased hate towards some religious minorities. I am concerned about our friends in Belarus, because they still have a surprising amount of freedom there, but am afraid that this can rapidly change too at some point.

Here are also some of new information about militarization of Russian youth and society (based on UK MoD tweet):

I read about this too, and also that school children are being given new history text books that hide the truth of what is really happening in this war and distort other historical facts. 

https://www.euronews.com/2023/09/01/russian-schoolchildren-to-use-updated-history-books-as-new-school-years-gets-underway#:~:text=Russian schoolchildren to use updated history books as new school years gets underway,-St Petersburg%2C Russia&text=New history textbooks for high,Knowledge Day on 1 September.

22 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:
On 9/6/2023 at 1:46 PM, Osprey said:

I read about this too, and also that school children are being given new history text books that hide the truth of what is really happening in this war and distort other historical facts. 

Unfortunately, it’s nothing new. In most, if not all, countries history books are biased. Of course KOTN does it to a greater degree. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

12 hours ago, Michał said:

Unfortunately, it’s nothing new. In most, if not all, countries history books are biased. Of course KOTN does it to a greater degree. 

The point of history is that it is about the past, biased or not. 

This was done specifically because of the war in Ukraine, which is not history because it's happening in the here and now; in the present time. 

It's propaganda designed to twist these young persons' minds against the reality of the cause and effect of this war. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 4:46 AM, Osprey said:

Being born and rised in the USSR I have firsthand experience of being a victim of all sorts of propaganda including fake history and militarisation.

But Jehovah found me anyway and let me be his servant despite all that " high education" I got back there.

So yes, propaganda is bad and hard to deal with, but there is always hope, even for nowadays students.  Nothing is impossible for Jehovah. 

"Absolute rubbish”

• 1 month later...

Well, I figured this was only a matter of time. With enough distractions, they can get away with more…

https://abcnews.go.com/International/russia-waging-major-new-offensive-eastern-ukraine/story?id=104004035

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

51 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Well, I figured this was only a matter of time. With enough distractions, they can get away with more…

https://abcnews.go.com/International/russia-waging-major-new-offensive-eastern-ukraine/story?id=104004035

So, here's a thought. As the USA gets overwhelmed trying to support two wars at the same time during an election year, the president pushes on the UN to involve the member nations before the USA runs out of resources or collapses internally.

He could threaten the UN that if the UN doesn't pick up the ball and run with it, democracy, peace and security fail in the free world.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 7/21/2023 at 7:56 AM, Osprey said:

KoTN to "enter more lands" in the future

Will Iran invade Israel?

it seems Iran and Russia are very well together after all 

KOTN = Russia and Allies ( Iran China North Korea)

keeping on the watch