JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

26 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

So, here's a thought. As the USA gets overwhelmed trying to support two wars at the same time during an election year, the president pushes on the UN to involve the member nations before the USA runs out of resources or collapses internally.

He could threaten the UN that if the UN doesn't pick up the ball and run with it, democracy, peace and security fail in the free world.

That's a good way to justify giving power to the beast

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Will Iran invade Israel?

it seems Iran and Russia are very well together after all 

KOTN = Russia and Allies ( Iran China North Korea)

keeping on the watch 

Iran minister just said something about this, like UN has to do something or we will

32 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

So, here's a thought. As the USA gets overwhelmed trying to support two wars at the same time during an election year, the president pushes on the UN to involve the member nations before the USA runs out of resources or collapses internally.

He could threaten the UN that if the UN doesn't pick up the ball and run with it, democracy, peace and security fail in the free world.

I would love that!  I just feel like it’s going to get way worse before the UN grows fangs. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

I would love that!  I just feel like it’s going to get way worse before the UN grows fangs. 

I completely agree. The beast appears to be a toothless kitten at the moment. It purrs for attention and does nothing. It seems that it would take years to grow into a BtG killing beast, it will be interesting to see what accelerates it's growth.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Alors, voici une réflexion. Alors que les États-Unis sont dépassés par la nécessité de soutenir deux guerres en même temps au cours d’une année électorale, le président fait pression sur l’ONU pour qu’elle implique les pays membres avant que les États-Unis ne soient à court de ressources ou ne s’effondrent intérieurement.

Il pourrait menacer l'ONU en disant que si l'ONU ne prend pas la balle et ne s'en sert pas, la démocratie, la paix et la sécurité échoueront dans le monde libre.

If only, brother Richard, if only you were right...                             I chose : you're right !

From Ukraine's SBU, but still it would not surprise me if this is true:

Russian Orthodox Church 'recruiting fighters'
The Russian Orthodox Church has created private military companies to recruit and train fighters, the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) claims.

The SBU wrote on Telegram that the church was "engaged in the recruitment and combat training of mercenaries for the war against Ukraine".

It said that during the selection of potential fighters, "preference is given to men who have already served in the military units of the aggressor country and have combat experience".

"After enlisting the mercenaries in the ranks of the Moscow Church PMC, they undergo a course of military-tactical and fire training under the guidance of instructors from the Russian special services," the SBU added.

The security service also said in order to disguise combat training, organisers "conduct the training of recruits" exclusively within the walls of the cathedral".

BtG reaching new lows every day.

On 10/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, Sofia said:

Will Iran invade Israel?

it seems Iran and Russia are very well together after all 

KOTN = Russia and Allies ( Iran China North Korea)

keeping on the watch 

The KOTN today is a lot bigger than the former Soviet Union. Friends who died before the collapse of the former Soviet Union are going to be shocked to hear about this in the NW.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/117001/putin-hammer-blow-poll-russia-end-of-ukraine-war

A survey conducted by Russia's Levada Center between October 19 and October 25 found 70 percent of the 1,608 respondents in favor of the Russian leader calling it quits on the ongoing fight with Kyiv.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/117001/putin-hammer-blow-poll-russia-end-of-ukraine-war

A survey conducted by Russia's Levada Center between October 19 and October 25 found 70 percent of the 1,608 respondents in favor of the Russian leader calling it quits on the ongoing fight with Kyiv.

Lol like he cares….

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any user from Ukraine (@Korotkiy ?) or others with contacts there that have any new information what is happening there? We are concerned about our friends in Ukraine. There are a lot of relatively important news about some escalations everywhere on the frontline (with Ukraine forces rumoured to be running out of weapons/ammunition in some cases), there was bombing of Russian city of Belgorod with a lot of casualties, and Russian bombings all over Ukraine. And what is also worrying is a new mobilization law coming in effect in Ukraine. There are also some rumours that men that are currently abroad could be called up to return and join Ukrainian military? It seems that Ukrainian military has big issues getting new volunteers, but needs a lot of new soldiers.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Russian military plane carrying 74 people crashes

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-military-plane-belgorod-ukraine-updates-intl/index.html

An accident ? A coincidence? 

Did Ukraine shoot it down? Maybe - especially if they thought it was military equipment and not POWs. Here's from that article:

The cause of the crash is not yet clear and there are conflicting accounts about who or what was on board. Russian state media reported that 65 Ukrainian servicemen were on the plane, being flown to Belgorod ahead of a prisoner swap.

But Ukraine's military said the plane was carrying air defense missiles. CNN has not verified either side's claims, and has asked Ukraine for comment on allegations it shot down the plane.

Belgorod has come under frequent attacks from Ukraine in recent weeks. At the end of December last year strikes killed at least 25 people, in one of the deadliest single incidents for Russian civilians of the war.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

FACTBOX: Il-76 plane carrying Ukrainian captives crashes near Belgorod

The Il-76 crashed at about 11:00 a.m. Moscow time (8:00 a.m. GMT)

https://tass.com/emergencies/1736603

Pilots of crashed plane directed it away from populated areas, eyewitness says

Another resident of the settlement said she heard a bang before the crash

Russia demands Security Council meeting in response to Belgorod plane attack

The Il-76 cargo jet was transporting 65 Ukrainian POWs when Kiev’s forces shot it down, Moscow says

Belgorod plane attack: Kiev deliberately shot down plane carrying its POWs, Moscow says

74 people, including 65 Ukrainian service members, were killed in the crash in Belgorod Region

Edited by Paulo

added info

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

• 4 weeks later...

The woman in the article below may face the possibility of up to 20 years in prison for treason for giving $51 (USD) to Ukraine.

"She is accused of donating $51.80 to a Ukrainian charity in the US, according to a statement from her employer, a spa at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, California."

Russia arrests US-Russian citizen for treason after she gave $51 to Ukraine, employer says | CNN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw that Ukraine stopped extending documents (passports) of fighting age males on its diplomatic consulates abroad. Poland already said that it may start deporting persons with expired documents back to Ukraine (and at the same time aid their mobilization efforts). If this will continue to go in that direction I would say this is pretty significant. I also think that a lot of brothers are in Poland, they may be forced to move to other countries to avoid this, but still... how to do it with no valid documents? Or will Ukraine be forced to revert this decision? Really curious how this will develop.

10 hours ago, Osprey said:

I also think that a lot of brothers are in Poland, they may be forced to move to other countries to avoid this, but still... how to do it with no valid documents? Or will Ukraine be forced to revert this decision? Really curious how this will develop.

For those that have a legal status of refugees, the host country will have to issue identity and travel documents.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)