JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

The General Assembly eleventh emergency special session resumed, with the introduction of a new draft resolution and two proposed amendments, and is expected to last into Thursday or Friday.

The draft text calls for an immediate ceasefire, demands that Russia leaves Ukraine, and emphasizes the need for accountability for serious crimes and justice for all victims.

Source: https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/02/1133797?utm_source=UN+News+-+Newsletter&utm_campaign=130fb100e8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2023_02_23_01_00&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fdbf1af606-130fb100e8-[LIST_EMAIL_ID]

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Michał said:

And just in time, we are ready to spread hope:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/ukraine-war-hope-bible/

Russia will lose the war against Ukraine;  just as Germany lost the war in 1945 against the Allies.  Without the end of the Ukraine war there will be no peace and security.  We just don't know how long this horrific ordeal will last.  Please brothers be patient.

2 hours ago, Exter said:

Russia will lose the war against Ukraine;  just as Germany lost the war in 1945 against the Allies.

Maybe, maybe not. I would be cautious with such predictions because nothing in prophecies points to the fact that KOTN will be crushed by human means. On the contrary, it will be destroyed by God. Of course some kind of peace will have to be established in order to proclaim peace and security, but what will happen before that, and under what conditions this peace will take effect... this is a big question. And we have to see that yet. Future holds surprising events for sure, that we cannot predict yet.

1 hour ago, Osprey said:

Maybe, maybe not. I would be cautious with such predictions because nothing in prophecies points to the fact that KOTN will be crushed by human means. On the contrary, it will be destroyed by God. Of course some kind of peace will have to be established in order to proclaim peace and security, but what will happen before that, and under what conditions this peace will take effect... this is a big question. And we have to see that yet. Future holds surprising events for sure, that we cannot predict yet.

That are correct. I mean Not destroy KOTN! But can somebody Imagine, Peace and Security with a war?

25 minutes ago, Exter said:

That are correct. I mean Not destroy KOTN! But can somebody Imagine, Peace and Security with a war?

Of course not. If you read my comment again I also said this will not be the case :wink: :thumbsup: Still this does not mean that Russia will "lose" - it may, it may not, or some status quo may appear, difficult to say at this point.

Ibecause I can't delete previous messages.Iwant upgrade

The position of Ukraine and the Western community regarding the peace negotiations is clear: The only peace solution is for Russia to withdraw its troops from all the territories it has occupied and to recognize the war crimes and crimes against humanity it has committed.

China is hardly ready to pressure Russia into this. Rather, China wants to keep Russia as its strategic partner against the West and is therefore still ready to support Russia.

Some concise comments from experts on the subject:

"China is very biased and has never condemned Russia. On the contrary, it protects Russia both economically and diplomatically."

"After all, China sees the world divided between the West and the East, and it benefits from Russia drifting into China's arms, as if it were its great vassal state."

China calculates that it needs Russia. Therefore, it is now trying to give Russia not only economic protection but also political and diplomatic protection.

"If China now goes to equip Russia, this will be very expensive and long."

"But the messages from the east and the north shock him" What this mean i know maybe  jesus christ. but how maybe china maybe north korea or nuclear weapon state Iran.anyway  time will tell,and of course we live in dangerous and interesting times

Spoiler

😶

Yes, and now, according to reports, it is NOT just about Ukraine anymore, but also about Moldova and Belarus. This conclusion can be drawn from recent messages in which the Kremlin has repeatedly raised its "concerns" about Ukraine's southern and northern neighbors. It is about blackmail, with which Vladimir Putin's administration wants to make it clear that it is ready to militarily destabilize Moldova and Belarus as well. The more desperate Putin gets, the more likely he will try to expand his war to both Moldova and Belarus.

Belarus is already an ally to Russia, so there is no need for Russia to go to war with them. However, it may be the people of Belarus who may rebel against their current leader, but it is the same scenario as Russia, where the dissidents are more oppressed then those who support their leader. Belarus is in a strategic position, as it separates the Baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia - all NATO members) away from supporting Ukraine. Lithuania shares a small border with Poland, but the Lithuanian's also have to deal with Kaliningrad (west) which is controlled by Russia and wedges Lithuania between them and Belarus (east). If the Russians decide to cut the Baltic states off from Europe, Kalaningrad and Belarus can work their way towards each other and cut Lithuania's border with Poland.

Moldova on the other hand are more likely to be next on Russia's hit list. But Russia firstly needs to make sure it has a land access through Ukraine to get there. Moldova has a NATO nation beside them Romania, which I suspect the Romanian's would likely support them as did Poland with Ukraine.

Georgia will be another country within Russia sights, but the Russians will have an easier path through there because they are more isolated to the South East of the Black Sea and further away from the Europe with it's NATO countries. There is already a Russia presence there, so I suspect Russia will not be dominating it unless they rebel against Russia. The only NATO member next to them is Turkiye, and I think they have enough issues on their own hands at the moment.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/2/20/the-world-after-the-ukraine-war

I thought this was an Interesting read. It is an opinion article. But i like how he hasn’t taken sides either for the King of the South or King of the North. In fact he shows the worlds total inability to direct their own step.

14 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/2/20/the-world-after-the-ukraine-war

I thought this was an Interesting read. It is an opinion article. But i like how he hasn’t taken sides either for the King of the South or King of the North. In fact he shows the worlds total inability to direct their own step.

I just wonder how the world can read something like this and not freak out. How thankful we are Jehovah has given us the truth, and the work of telling others there is a way out. 

12 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I just wonder how the world can read something like this and not freak out. How thankful we are Jehovah has given us the truth, and the work of telling others there is a way out. 

Many, I mean many people choose these days to shut off any bad news, especially those coming from Ukraine war. 

Many people that I had conversation with do not follow ANY news about the war, instead they immerse themselves into "another daily living" scenario as reality. 

I am not sure how this plays up in Europe or America, but Australians notoriously shut themselves off. 

At least that is what I experience when talking to people.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 3/4/2023 at 9:25 AM, Lee49 said:

"And then came Ukraine, alas. Stupid, indeed."   ( his quote ) 

He was repeatedly referring to the war as senseless.  I don’t believe this quote was calling Ukraine stupid but rather the senseless war the whole article was about. 
He criticized all governments and I didn’t notice he complemented even one. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

He was repeatedly referring to the war as senseless.  I don’t believe this quote was calling Ukraine stupid but rather the senseless war the whole article was about. 
He criticized all governments and I didn’t notice he complemented even one. 

I had to read it more than once but yeah, he means the war. 

Thank you Brother Yura for your very detailed update. Just need a bit of clarification. 

1. TO : travelling overseer? Here, we use the term 'Circuit O')

4 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

because 25 min term all the visitors were near the KH meeting was proceed (sisters has 2 time their broken appointment).

2. Is it related to the air raid, the meeting was interrupted for 25 mins?

3. Broken appointment. What is this related to?

Not necessary for you to reply. I know it is a very difficult situation you all are going through. Praying for all the brothers and sisters in Ukraine. 

Edited by Imagine