JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Source? Is there a scripture or Watchtower comment that supports this statement? 

I think, it's just an assumption ..

An elder on our congregation also said that .. He says that “In order to call for peace and security, people must first feel that the world is in chaos or that there is a threat to their lives”

He said that, not in the congregation, but when we're just talking about the Russia invasion when it started in February ..

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Source? Is there a scripture or Watchtower comment that supports this statement? 

I can understand if this is your opinion. It might even be a correct opinion. We just need to be clear when we express an opinion, conjecture, or personal idea as opposed to a statement of fact. 

Simple logic!

To say the day is clear now, it must have been dark before, to say now we have no more hunger, it must first have been hunger.... The same way, in order to declare P&S those things must have been absent first = a war must be in place

For years I’ve been watching the world conflicts 

in vain

when one is sorted out there s another one poping up

and there are chronic conflicts that seem endless

peace and security seemed no sence

but after a major conflict that messes with all nations 

then if it stops or pauses then peace and security makes more sense

time wil tell we need to be patient :popcorn:

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 10/10/2022 at 7:59 PM, Doug said:

Bro. Splane stated "There is no advanced democracy in the world  more politically divided or politically dysfunctional than the United States is today".

According to the news , the new Prime Minister Truss and the UK government may take the crown (pun intended - 'crown') "Most Dysfunctional".   :eek:

20 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

If it's not nukes, what it would be?

Screenshot_20221021-203301.thumb.jpg.65cddff383b211b0050e384ef243a4db.jpg

Dam Attack Warning |

Zelensky: Russians could unleash “mass destruction”

he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. (Dan. 11:44)

If i understood correctly, the destruction of the barrage could unleash more destruction. I won't believe on nuclear weapon. Sadly anyway

23 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Dam Attack Warning |

he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. (Dan. 11:44)

Russians troops are placing explosives at the dam

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/21/russia-ukraine-live-updates.html

the result will be short power in electricity and Kherson will be submerged 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

34 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Dam Attack Warning |

Russia has already used thermobaric bombs.   They're called FOAB(Father Of All Bombs).  They have a yield of 44 kilotons.  The largest tactical nuke Russia has is 50 kilotons.  Most of Russia's tactical nukes are smaller than that.  Thermobaric bombs are horrible in their own right, just as powerful as a tactical nuke, and no radiation left over.

Also known as a vacuum bomb

I just talked with an elder earlier and I had mentioned that our current understanding (in Dan. 11:44) may change, but it will depends/revealed on Jehovah's time. 

We have a current understanding that the 'many' in that verse may referred to 'God's people', but since we are all agreed that we will just understand a prophecy if it has started to fulfill or if it is fulfilled, then our current understanding may change. But again, we're not dogmatic about our current understanding nor I'd say that our current understanding is not right, in Jehovah's time it will all be clear and clarified.

Let's just wait for the revelation of it. 😉🙃

Edited by jrnievas

9 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

I just talked with an elder earlier and I had mentioned that our current understanding (in Dan. 11:44) may change, but it will depends/revealed on Jehovah's time. 

We have a current understanding that the 'many' in that verse may referred to 'God's people', but since we are all agreed that we will just understand a prophecy if it has started to fulfill or if it is fulfilled, then our current understanding may change. But again, we're not dogmatic about our current understanding nor I'd say that our current understanding is not right, in Jehovah's time it will all be clear and clarified.

Let's just wait for the revelation of it. 😉🙃

We want to know right now everything that the future holds. That is human. I too often have this strange, tingling impatience. Let's work together to overcome it.😁😃

We need to hold on to what we have at the moment trying to change information based on our opinions is a lack of respect for  Jehovah and With Whom Jehovah Appointed the Faithful and Discreet Slave ! it's no use changing things the result is the same, both the king of the north and the south go to destruction and that's it! 

8 minutes ago, Exter said:

We want to know right now everything that the future holds. That is human. I too often have this strange, tingling impatience. Let's work together to overcome it.😁😃

I just noticed that our brothers were already fled to other countries to avoid being killed or being part of that war, so why the KOTN will devote many (Christians) to destruction if there are none to that lands? 

2 minutes ago, Loyal said:

We need to hold on to what we have at the moment trying to change information based on our opinions is a lack of respect for  Jehovah and With Whom Jehovah Appointed the Faithful and Discreet Slave ! it's no use changing things the result is the same, both the king of the north and the south go to destruction and that's it! 

Absolutely yes, that's why we need some patience here and wait for Jehovah's time. 😆

Edited by jrnievas

It may be part of Russian Federation strategy to weaken Ukrainian people 

during cold winter time and after that do a major final assault (?)

titus surrounded Jerusalem for 4 months before invading it

i sure hope all our dearest brothers and sisters escape 

we around the world are willing to receive them with open arms

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-10-21-22#h_242d435c5e38e80496c6121623662255

Edited by Sofia

The situation is getting chaotic. In Portugal, they have already started to put cans of tuna (!) with alarm, as if they were expensive perfumes or video games. Thefts of basic food items have increased, with people especially stealing tuna, milk, olive oil or sausages.

mw-1920.thumb.webp.dfe1d3e3066366b2816689aea8a5ca83.webp

The link to the article from which I took the image is as follows:

https://expresso.pt/sociedade/2022-10-20-As-pessoas-estao-desesperadas-escondem-latas-de-atum-e-leite-para-comer-ou-dar-aos-filhos-furtos-de-alimentos-disparam-nos-supermercados-e1686e1c (subscriber-only article)

"Supermarkets are putting alarms on basic food items like cans of tuna or bottles of olive oil. Thefts are on the rise “since the beginning of September” by “people who can no longer survive on their salary and pension alone”. Almost 2 million Portuguese live on less than €554."

First I don't buy the idea that "the many" being devoted to destruction applies to Ukraine because, basically because I'm old. Russia is just doing the same in Ukraine as they did in Chechnya, which was ignored because they're Muslim, in Syria which was ignored because they're Muslim and you know ISIS. It's also just a continuation of the 2014 Crimea and Donetsk invasions where again civilians were murdered but, you know there was cheap fuel for Europe so 🤷‍♂️ (One Society experience had a Ukrainian soldier going to some witnesses wanting to know when Armageddon was because he'd been fighting in Donetsk and could tell we were in the last days.

These experiences certainly show the prophesied expansionism of the KOTN but I don't believe more that that.

Second it's been a puzzler why he's doubling down on this disaster but I remember an item in the American Civil War that the main strategy of the South was to hold on till the North's next election when s war weary population would kick out Lincoln.

Modern parallel?

https://www.businessinsider.com/mccarthy-its-not-a-free-blank-check-to-ukraine-if-gop-wins-house-2022-10

Mid terms are coming and a pro Trump Republican dominated Senate and Congress could stop the aid to Ukraine. Meantime Britain's party leaders are currently pro Ukraine but they always follow USA lead and they and all Europe are facing both a cost of living crisis and running out of weapons to send to Ukraine.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/weapons-shortages-could-mean-hard-125239320.html

If I were Putin I'd be holding out for a soon collapse in unity for support of Ukraine, he might not be able to conquer it but he could force it back to the negotiation table to carve out more territory.

TL:DR to me everything reads we've several more unpleasant years so we can use the new book Jehovah had rush produced for us.

This month local authorities in Poland were instructed to stockpile potassium iodide and to create a network of distribution points. It's a precaution in case Zaporozha power plant leaks radioactive material.

Here's some information from my municipality/borough (in Polish of course):

http://www.goleniow.pl/component/k2/item/7741-tabletki-jodku-potasu-na-wypadek-zagrożenia-radiacyjnego-zostały-rozdystrybuowane-w-gminie-goleniów

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

9 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

First I don't buy the idea that "the many" being devoted to destruction applies to Ukraine because, basically because I'm old. Russia is just doing the same in Ukraine as they did in Chechnya, which was ignored because they're Muslim, in Syria which was ignored because they're Muslim and you know ISIS. It's also just a continuation of the 2014 Crimea and Donetsk invasions where again civilians were murdered but, you know there was cheap fuel for Europe so 🤷‍♂️ (One Society experience had a Ukrainian soldier going to some witnesses wanting to know when Armageddon was because he'd been fighting in Donetsk and could tell we were in the last days.

Thank you brother Hugh for sharing your thoughts.. I appreciate it.. 

I'd just like to share some thoughts why I think this current war is significant this time.. Because, I see that it affects larger parts of Earth.. For example, the supply chains and the continuous rising of prices affect both first-world countries and third-world countries.. Its not like the war in the past in just particular areas where we didn't feel the impact..

But if this war didn't led to the declaration of Peace and Security, we will keep doing Jehovah's will.. We still keep on the watch.. 

21 hours ago, jrnievas said:

I'd just like to share some thoughts why I think this current war is significant this time.. Because, I see that it affects larger parts of Earth.. For example, the supply chains and the continuous rising of prices affect both first-world countries and third-world countries.. Its not like the war in the past in just particular areas where we didn't feel the impact..

Thanks for your reply JR, my first reply to that though is that the supply chains have been a mess for years now. Even if the Ukraine was wasn't going on we'd still have

21 hours ago, jrnievas said:

the supply chains and the continuous rising of prices affect both first-world countries and third-world countries

Covid and the way different regions react to it along with various local factors (wildfires, local flooding, etc, just look at global news) along with Humans not being able to rule themselves are all contributing to this. (In my shop in Dublin Ireland when we're out of something the most common customer reply is "Oh, is that because of Brexit?" whereas, going by reports, in Northern Ireland it's all blamed on "The Northern Protocol". These all play a part but the situation is more tangled than just one issue). 

More importantly though, supply issues are irrelevant to 

On 10/22/2022 at 3:19 PM, Hugh O'D said:

many" being devoted to destruction applies to Ukraine

We know:

1) This war is an example of the KOTN reaching into many lands

2) The way there's no attempt at seeking peace is one example of Paul's words about men being "not open to any agreement", but there are thousands of those.

3) The war also is one small part of the fulfillment of Jesus words about 'wars and reports of wars'.

4) It's also part  of the fulfillment of Reverlation prophecies like the burning mountain, the men being scorched by the sun, the Second Horseman, in Babylon being the blood of all those slaughtered on the earth. 

In short we know we're seeing a lot of prophecies that this war is one example of 

I don’t personally agree with trying to make other prophecies also about it. I confess the reports from Kherson have me quite anxious but even if there's another slaughter there it will just be part of the casual cruelty prophesied for the last days.

Of course I could turn out to be completely wrong, but I doubt it. 

As we can read Anglo American power is United together 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/russian-war-in-ukraine-p3-statement

29 minutes ago, Sofia said:

The Anglo American world power is always united.  If it wasn't, it wouldn't be a dual power and stand together as the KotS.  France is a Western ally so that will always stand with the KotS against the KotN, no matter what their personal little differences might be.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/russian-war-in-ukraine-p3-statement

Yes, the current conflict did not "divide them" 

They unitedly are taking same stand. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

“We don’t know when this war will end. But end it will,” Scholz said on Tuesday at a conference in Berlin on planning and financing the post-war reconstruction effort.

Helping Ukraine recover will be “a challenge for generations” and require “the combined strength of the entire international community,” he added.https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-10-25-22

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)