JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

2 minutes ago, Doak said:

At the beginning of the pandemic I said just that, and "unfortunately" we are still here. I hope you're right.

It seemed to me at the time of pandemic that it could lead to GT, but a war was on the way and now we are still expecting for P&S + BTG destruction at any time now. The scene of the World can change quickly.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

19 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It seemed to me at the time of pandemic that it could lead to GT, but a war was on the way and now we are still expecting for P&S + BTG destruction at any time now. The scene of the World can change quickly.

We'll see. One prophecy that has undoubtedly been fulfilled is that "men would not be willing to compromise." How many useless meetings have they held in the last few months?

Edited by Doak

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/10/1129492

The UN General Assembly passed a resolution by a large majority on Wednesday, calling on countries not to recognise the four regions of Ukraine which Russia has claimed, following so-called referendums held late last month, and demanding that Moscow reverse course on its "attempted illegal annexation".

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

20 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Why must it? 

It's a matter of perspective, of course.  We should be judicious about what we believe from the media.  But we shouldn't assume everything they tell us is partisan , or an outright lie.

Today I'm reading:  "Russia says granting Ukraine membership of NATO will guarantee the beginning of World War III.  'The suicidal nature of such a step is understood by NATO members themselves' said Alexander Venediktov, the deputy secretary of Russia's Security Council.

Hyperbole?  Perhaps.   Armageddon is booked at Jehovah's appointed time.  So then is the GT and P&S.   Which leads to the conclusion that everything going on is leading to P&S.

On 10/12/2022 at 3:45 PM, Sofia said:

Yes I agree

but not a mass destruction war I think

one nuc may trigger another as retaliation 

this is what I’m saying 

otherwise no one could survive

we seem to be at a brink of a major change in the World scenario 

Will the earth and its inhabitants be destroyed by nuclear war?

No. Although human rulers may use nuclear weapons in the future, God will not allow the earth to be destroyed.

---

Screenshot_20221014-070757.jpg

Just now, jrnievas said:

Will the earth and its inhabitants be destroyed by nuclear war?

No. Although human rulers may use nuclear weapons in the future, God will not allow the earth to be destroyed.

---

Screenshot_20221014-070757.jpg

It seems possible for human rulers to use nuclear weapons in the future, maybe Jehovah will possibly allow it but not to the point that no one will survive.

Matthew 24:22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Again, my theory is, once the nuke/s are dropped in Ukraine, people from around the world will definitely notice that. Then, all worldly people will now call for the real peace to end the war.

That's why for me, this war in Ukraine are significant and may trigger the declaration of Peace and Security that fulfils the Bible's prophecy.

Just now, jrnievas said:

It seems possible for human rulers to use nuclear weapons in the future, maybe Jehovah will possibly allow it but not to the point that no one will survive.

Matthew 24:22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Again, my theory is, once the nuke/s are dropped in Ukraine, people from around the world will definitely notice that. Then, all worldly people will now call for the real peace to end the war.

That's why for me, this war in Ukraine are significant and may trigger the declaration of Peace and Security that fulfils the Bible's prophecy.

I just used Mat. 24:22 to emphasize that during the GT, the nukes are already dropped and it affects the lives of all people. Then the nations will call for peace.

Nukes › Peace › Destruction of BTG › Days will cut short

1 minute ago, careful said:

but why would people say "peace and security"  when nukes just got dropped in  ukaine??  it has been said that the cry means "we have peace".....not "we want peace"   

I've heard this idea before.  Nukes are dropped, and there's a limited exchange.  The whole world is terrified of what might have happened.  The only way to make sure this doesn't happen again is peace and security...for real this time....

1 hour ago, jrnievas said:

Again, my theory is, once the nuke/s are dropped in Ukraine, people from around the world will definitely notice that.

Borell stated today Russia s army would be annihilated  completely in return but without nucs

27 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It’s terrified already 😳

I agree, but the war in Ukraine doesn't touch most of the world. We are affected by it, but my life isn't in danger. I wonder if there needs to be a larger threat to more of the world before the world will say there is P&S when that threat is eliminated.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I agree, but the war in Ukraine doesn't touch most of the world. We are affected by it, but my life isn't in danger. I wonder if there needs to be a larger threat to more of the world before the world will say there is P&S when that threat is eliminated.

The whole World knows a nuc can bring more.

that would create a worldwide caos

that’s scary

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I tend to agree with you, but at the same time the prophecy is presented in a simple manner (not as world- shaking event) 

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them.

Technically the end of Ukraine's war and stabilizing this event could fulfill the prophecy, if is Jehovah's timing.

Many leaders expressed view of that war as "global threat to established order, and peace and security. 

When it ends, there will great sigh of relief.  

But, there is always,  but?!  and if? I am staying very open minded regarding that prophecy.

Very curious to see how it will unfold in real life. We cannot be dogmatic, and lock ourselves into particular thinking.

I say... let the prophecy unfold itself!  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

53 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Technically the end of Ukraine's war and stabilizing this event could fulfill the prophecy, if is Jehovah's timing.

But is it Jehovah's timing? It's demonic propaganda from demonic sources.  Jehovah is not the source. 

58 minutes ago, Sofia said:

that’s scary

Stepping back from nuclear war, even if there is a limited exchange or even if it's only a one sided nuclear strike, might result in the saying of Peace and Security. 

Maybe. 

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

This is interesting, because I feel more concerned about this current crisis with Ukraine than I do about North Korea and their nuclear tests.  Other members here were very upset when it was first revealed North Korea had missiles that could potentially reach the US west coast. 

All of Europe might be worried about the Ukraine war, especially since Russia has a nuclear arsenal that can reach all the United States and the entire world, unlike North Korea. 

Edited by Shawnster

26 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Stepping back from nuclear war, even if there is a limited exchange or even if it's only a one sided nuclear strike, might result in the saying of Peace and Security. 

Maybe. 

The detonation of one or two nukes would certainly pose a significant threat to world peace and security. So the people will really notice this threat, and they will definitely ask for peace. It will cause distressful situations to mankind. We don't even know if that will happen or not, but when it happens, we can definitely say 'this is it' the fulfillment of the cry of Peace prophesied in the Bible. 

Edited by jrnievas

27 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

All of Europe might be worried about the Ukraine war, especially since Russia has a nuclear arsenal that can reach all the United States and the entire world, unlike North Korea

Agreed. I don't feel the war in Ukraine in its current state affects the world so much that the world would declare P&S if the war stopped today. However, if the war escalated to nukes, then the lives of everyone in the world would be threatened and everyone would say there is P&S when that threat is removed.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

that’s scary

Exactly 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Agreed. I don't feel the war in Ukraine in its current state affects the world so much that the world would declare P&S if the war stopped today. However, if the war escalated to nukes, then the lives of everyone in the world would be threatened and everyone would say there is P&S when that threat is removed.

Exactly 

I just don't know how to explain or to type what I want to say, but this was the exactly what I wanted to say 😆😆🤣

In regards to the part of Daniel 11:44, "the reports from the north and east" there can be the following possible situation.

If Russia decided to use a tactical small yield nuclear device on Ukraine, and the US decided to act upon themselves to launch a mini counter strike by using their tactical weapons, looking to the below global map, if you look at where the USA would launch some form of nuclear attack (mostly from the central and western parts of the US continent), as well as from the oceans in the Arctic Ocean, Bering Sea, the missiles would be coming from the north and the east of Moscow, as the flight trajectory would be shorter and quicker over the north pole.

image.png

Would this be possible that when the KOTN hears these reports, he then hits the big red button and then "devote many to destruction"?

But verse 45 is interesting, as he would still have to be around, as he has to put his palatial tents between the sea and the holy mountain of Decoration. Unless this means that he will go toe-to-toe with the UN (the so-called holy mountain of decoration) because the grand sea (that is the general people) has called for his removal, which when the UN actually gets some teeth, thus "he will come all the to his end" by them. And that because that Russia has pushed the limits, that China will then pull back from it's aggression and "be no helper for him"?

Of course, this come with the disclaimer that this is purely speculation.

Edited by Pabo