JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

On 10/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, Sofia said:

this week on the news it was said Europe is expecting a crisis unprecedented 

why? Because there was several factors that contributed 

(pandemic and Ukraine  war )

I believe energy will be their biggest concern.    Heating their homes and electricity blackouts.

Might as well throw in the new leaders of Italy and UK.   How will they stir things up?

And, presuming that the Republicans take control of congress here in the USA , Biden will be a lame-duck president for the following 2 years.  If he lasts that long.  I'm referring to the 25th amendment of the US constitution.

Multiple explosions hit central Kyiv and other cities.

Explosions shook the Ukrainian capital Kyiv and the cities of Lviv, Ternopil and Dnipro on Monday, after Russia accused Ukraine of orchestrating a powerful blast that damaged a key bridge linking Russia and Crimea.

The Ukrainian public broadcaster Suspilne quoted emergency services as saying there were dead and wounded in Kyiv but gave no further details of casualties.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

34 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Multiple explosions hit central Kyiv and other cities.

Explosions shook the Ukrainian capital Kyiv and the cities of Lviv, Ternopil and Dnipro on Monday, after Russia accused Ukraine of orchestrating a powerful blast that damaged a key bridge linking Russia and Crimea.

The Ukrainian public broadcaster Suspilne quoted emergency services as saying there were dead and wounded in Kyiv but gave no further details of casualties.

That is normal in a war. The KOTN will not stop his fighting  against Ukraine, until sombody else stopp him.

Another trial on giving power to UN, in face of the VETO power practiced by the Russian Federation at security council meeting on the annexation Ukrainian territories.

https://www.un.org/pga/77/2022/10/04/letter-from-the-president-of-the-general-assembly-ukraine-albania-letter-eleventh-emergency-special-session/

Will be held today at 3:00 pm NY

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Korotkiy said:

Today KOTN spent all the missigles kept to a coldest winter period to do the same - attack Ukraine power plants.

Praying 🙏 

you need to keep warm

tough days lie ahead 😢😖😖

In the latest attack Russia used a lot of weapons, but precision guided weapons are not easy to replace. 

As time goes by, Russia’s ability to conduct offensive operations may decrease in increasingly significant ways. This may be one of many reasons why the coalition of countries supporting Ukraine continues to supply large amounts of weaponry, supplies, and aid. 

(This war becomes more ugly as it drags on… ) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

r 42 min ago

There will be a "day of reckoning" on Ukraine war, top international prosecutor tells CNN 

From CNN’s Emmet Lyons and Claire Calzonetti 

Karim Ahmad Khan, the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), said he believes that there will be justice for war crimes committed during Russia's war in Ukraine. 

International law is going to “ensure that there will be a day of reckoning in Ukraine and other situations where any bully, any individual with a gun or with a missile, or with the capacity to inflict terror on the most vulnerable of our next generations, will realize that the law is there,” Khan told CNN on Monday. 

The discussion of the resolution condemning Russia for the annexation of Ukrainian provinces that was vetoed by Russia in the security council Is just now being a joke

The UN is getting sloppy looking.
Russia has silly rhetoric as usual.

First Russia wanted the vote to be secret

It was put to vote that issue 🤦‍♀️
Decided a few minutes later by majority not to be secret

Then the Russian said that maybe they didn't understand well… so… they

repeated the votation 🤦‍♀️
And again to be sure

an anecdote 😖

Just watching…

Then the Russian Nebenzia said that it takes 3 days for 193 countries to explain the reasons for their vote.”The best thing was to vote now and explain later”

To which the UNGA president  have consulted the statutes and it cannot be done

First the allegations and then the vote

🙈

192 countries under the control of the king of the north

Planned to end by Wednesday 
And only then the final vote

If it's sooner we'll see
There are countries that have joined in joint claims, namely the Baltic countries

The last talk today was from the Mexican ambassador 

he wants the supression of the veto power and already has the majority of nations supporting it.

Edited by Sofia

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

U.N. publicly rejects Russia's call for secret vote on Ukraine

N5IFLBBUUJKY3KDALVGIH6ZV2U.thumb.jpg.118fe4dbbc7281a9cae1a4cac259e352.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/world/un-publicly-rejects-russias-call-secret-vote-ukraine-2022-10-10/

I saw this live on YouTube 

it was shameful Russian attitude

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Claire Calzonetti 

Karim Ahmad Khan, the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), said he believes that there will be justice for war crimes committed during Russia's war in Ukraine. 

:lol1:

Sorry, I know it's not funny.  But this is just a ridiculous statement.  The only way any sort of "reckoning" can possibly happen would only if the Russian government was overthrown and a government that was compliant with the ICC was put in its place.  That's simply not going to happen.  Russia is not going to be invaded by the rest of the world, and even if Putin was somehow overthrown that doesn't mean the entire government is going to suddenly do a 180 degree turnaround and abdicate their authority. 

This isn't going to be post -WWII Germany or Japan. Ukraine isn't going to invade Russia and capture Moscow. Russia is never going to turn over any of its citizens to the ICC to face trial. 

19 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Is this really a neutral statement? It's not for a Christian to say if a government's actions are shameful, is it? 

Compared to what?    Bro. Splane stated "There is no advanced democracy in the world  more politically divided or politically dysfunctional than the United States is today".

Is that neutral?    Taking a closer look, Bro. Splane was quoting some kind of expert on world affairs.  But he was quoting to support his point.  That's an endorsement.

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Is this really a neutral statement? It's not for a Christian to say if a government's actions are shameful, is it? 

Not at all

nothing to do with neutrality 

I’m not taking side 

just saw the attitude 

Im commenting the attitude 

not taking side

when you say BTG is shameful you are stating their attitude not taking side

when we say a crime is done you are commenting the shameful attitude not taking side 

im sorry if I wrote wrong 

35 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I’m not taking side 

Sure you are not. You are observing, reacting, sharing, your view of a specific situation. This is the view of many other onlookers who do not serve Jehovah even, but you surely do not want to be categorised as a political commentator do you?

You need to make it clear that there is no nation on earth that is not "shameful" in their attitude. Psalm 2:1-2 says: "Why are the nations agitated and the peoples muttering an empty thing?  The kings of the earth take their stand and high officials gather together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one."

If you do not make this clear, you "appear" to be taking sides. Try explaining such posts to the Russian police authorities.

50 minutes ago, Sofia said:

when you say BTG is shameful you are stating their attitude not taking side

We are actually stating the Bible view, which is Jehovah's assessment (as is Psalm2).

This is clear at Rev.18:7- "To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning."

Actually, all the political elements add to their shameful conduct and share that assessment in Jehovah's eyes as they consort with "BTG". Rev.18:9 "And the kings of the earth who committed sexual immorality with her and lived with her in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her when they see the smoke from her burning."

Another example is when we assess the behaviour of humans in general today on a whole range of moral issues,  reflecting the inspired description given by the apostle Paul at 2Tim.3:1-6. But it is important to cite these scriptural definitions as these give the authority for our assessments.

When we proclaim Jehovah's judgements, which is part of our responsibility as Christians, we are taking sides. And this is something we all need to do. As song 32 put it: "Take sides with Jehovah....!"

10 minutes ago, Eejay said:

you surely do not want to be categorised as a political commentator do you?

I’m not a political commentator 

I published an event

I saw a vote done several times for the same issue 

it seemed ridiculous to do the same thing 3 times

192 nations around a simple thing

seemed lack of comunication

or (?)

this attitude I commented 

I’m not taking side

if you saw 193 nations around a “peanut” issue I believe some of you would think it’s ridiculous 

the ridiculousness is shameful

makes the whole organization looks sloppy 

if it was another nation it would be the same shameful result

its the situation it self that was ridiculous 

not the Russian Federation 

if you think im take sides then by all means I will be stopping  comments here about news.

I don’t want you all think im a journalist intervener who shares my opinion 

because that’s not at all what I am

23 minutes ago, Eejay said:

Try explaining such posts to the Russian police authorities.

I hope I never have to do that

my apologies 

53 minutes ago, Eejay said:

Sure you are not. You are observing, reacting, sharing, your view of a specific situation. This is the view of many other onlookers who do not serve Jehovah even, but you surely do not want to be categorised as a political commentator do you?

You need to make it clear that there is no nation on earth that is not "shameful" in their attitude. Psalm 2:1-2 says: "Why are the nations agitated and the peoples muttering an empty thing?  The kings of the earth take their stand and high officials gather together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one."

If you do not make this clear, you "appear" to be taking sides. Try explaining such posts to the Russian police authorities.

We are actually stating the Bible view, which is Jehovah's assessment (as is Psalm2).

This is clear at Rev.18:7- "To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning."

Actually, all the political elements add to their shameful conduct and share that assessment in Jehovah's eyes as they consort with "BTG". Rev.18:9 "And the kings of the earth who committed sexual immorality with her and lived with her in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her when they see the smoke from her burning."

Another example is when we assess the behaviour of humans in general today on a whole range of moral issues,  reflecting the inspired description given by the apostle Paul at 2Tim.3:1-6. But it is important to cite these scriptural definitions as these give the authority for our assessments.

When we proclaim Jehovah's judgements, which is part of our responsibility as Christians, we are taking sides. And this is something we all need to do. As song 32 put it: "Take sides with Jehovah....!"

The theocratic content of your post is entirely correct. But in my completely unbiased opinion, there are a lot of misunderstandings about Sister Sofia in it. Simply quoting a secular source does not mean sharing its tendency and statements. I have never assumed that with Sofia's quotations!

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

I’m not a political commentator 

I published an event

I saw a vote done several times for the same issue 

it seemed ridiculous to do the same thing 3 times

192 nations around a simple thing

seemed lack of comunication

or (?)

this attitude I commented 

I’m not taking side

if you saw 193 nations around a “peanut” issue I believe some of you would think it’s ridiculous 

the ridiculousness is shameful

makes the whole organization looks sloppy 

if it was another nation it would be the same shameful result

its the situation it self that was ridiculous 

not the Russian Federation 

if you think im take sides then by all means I will be stopping  comments here about news.

I don’t want you all think im a journalist intervener who shares my opinion 

because that’s not at all what I am

You doing a good job sis.

Russia will not refuse meeting between Putin and Biden at G20 summit, says Lavrov

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that Moscow would not turn down a meeting between President Vladimir Putin and US President Joe Biden at the upcoming G20 summit, and would consider such a proposal if it receives an invite.

Lavrov said on state television: “We have repeatedly said that we never refuse meetings. If there is a proposal, then we will consider it.”

He added that Russia was willing to listen to any suggestions regarding peace talks.