JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/11/nissan-takes-687-million-loss-as-sells-russian-business-for-1-euro.html

When I read this article about Nissan leaving Russia, I thought it was a pretty cool thing to do, then I realized that I had accidentally taken sides in the war. Its difficult staying neutral in our hearts when we start taking sides.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Russia will not refuse meeting between Putin and Biden at G20 summit, says Lavrov

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that Moscow would not turn down a meeting between President Vladimir Putin and US President Joe Biden at the upcoming G20 summit, and would consider such a proposal if it receives an invite.

Lavrov said on state television: “We have repeatedly said that we never refuse meetings. If there is a proposal, then we will consider it.”

He added that Russia was willing to listen to any suggestions regarding peace talks.

Clearly looking for a way out of the mess while saving face.

35 minutes ago, Doug said:

Clearly looking for a way out of the mess while saving face.

Probably send a representative instead of going personally (?)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/11/nissan-takes-687-million-loss-as-sells-russian-business-for-1-euro.html

When I read this article about Nissan leaving Russia, I thought it was a pretty cool thing to do, then I realized that I had accidentally taken sides in the war. Its difficult staying neutral in our hearts when we start taking sides.

Neutrality is hard.  This is like trying to stay neutral while Hitler steamrolls through Europe. 

The war is wrong because all war is wrong.  Russia's invasion is deplorable because Jehovah condems man's domination of man to his harm.

Wickedness is wrong and when we have the Bible to stand on we do so. But there is no scripture to support an opinion on the conduct of a nation at a UN meeting.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yes, it is challenging 😥, especially when it comes to KOTN, who persecutes and throws brothers and sisters to jail.

Observing overall behaviour of KOTN has potential to “stir” our hearts. 
That’s why we need to guard our hearts so much when it comes to our neutrality stand. I think many of us must pray hard to Jehovah to help us in this regard. (I include myself in that) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

15 hours ago, Doug said:

Bro. Splane stated "There is no advanced democracy in the world  more politically divided or politically dysfunctional than the United States is today".

Which is the very application of the prophecy in Daniel about the feet made of iron mixed with moist clay.  Brother Splains words were in harmony with the Bible. 

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

when you say BTG is shameful you are stating their attitude not taking side

Christians are scripturally obligated to engage in a ministry that exposes Babyko the Great and her shameful attitude.  There is no scriptural command to remain neutral in relation to false religion.  We are commanded to do the exact opposite of neutrality - flee Babylon the Great and expose her wicked disgusting nature for what it truly is. 

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

if it was another nation it would be the same shameful result

Sure, there are variations within a government and some are better than others, especially when dealing with Jehovah's people. In Jehovah’s eyes, though, they are all the same. Russia is not any more or less shameful than Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Russia is not any more or less shameful than Ukraine.

Sister Sofia, that is why your comment caught my attention too. It appeared to me that you were calling Russias conduct more shameful than Ukraines. I apologize if I misunderstood your comment.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm sorry sister Sofia, I was the one who posted the article and you commented that you had watched it, I really appreciate your comments and the others involved too, I saw what the brother did Two questions for you I'm sure he didn't mean to belittle you or claim that you're not neutral, let's all be fine and keep an eye out, terrible things are ahead. agape ,❣️🌷🌺 bjs...

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Sister Sofia, that is why your comment caught my attention too. It appeared to me that you were calling Russias conduct more shameful than Ukraines. I apologize if I misunderstood your comment.

No. The shame is that UN was stalled having to vote 3 times for a simple "peanut".

This was my comment. regarding Mr Nebenzia´s attitude. Not the Russian Federation.

Its nothing to do with Russian´s deeds.

It was the insist from the ambassador to ask THREE TIMES to repeat a vote for decide if the wednesday vote was secret or not.

Nobody understood my comment.

But Jehovah did, thats the main thing. My conscience is in peace.

If you insist that my comment was not neutral Im sorry.

It had nothing to do with neutrality.

It had to do with ridiculousness. and Yes Sister L , if a russian authority read my comment would find disrespectful regarding Mr. Ambassador Nebenzia. Yes. Sorry about that. the man was ridiculous.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 minutes ago, Loyal said:

I'm sorry sister Sofia, I was the one who posted the article and you commented that you had watched it, I really appreciate your comments and the others involved too, I saw what the brother did Two questions for you I'm sure he didn't mean to belittle you or claim that you're not neutral, let's all be fine and keep an eye out, terrible things are ahead. agape ,❣️🌷🌺 bjs...

Im ok dear brother :) My conscience is in peace. Your post is correct.

I should had refrain my self to comment it, that´s all.

Next time I watch I keep the comments to my self. 

The ridiculousness was so outstanding I simply didnt resist sharing, how ridiculous a big organization such UN does this at the demands of a single ambassador, stalling time.. but this is just my opinion. Satan´s world is wrong, wicked and disfunctional anyway.

Bjs :) 

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

apologize if I misunderstood your comment.

You are sweet brother Richard 😊

we are in peace bro 👌

The reason why this and all war is particularly distasteful to Jehovah, and thus to us, is that it involves politics and sovereignty.

“ultimately, was about Russia's identity as a colonial empire.”

Even the Russians know it, as mobilisation has been occurring disproportionately higher in the regions outside of Moscow and St Petersburg.

“Buryatia, Chechnya and Dagestan, where "villages are being emptied" as a sign of Russia's colonialism.

The mobilisation is not being felt in Moscow or St Petersburg.

"It goes to the view of Russia as a colonial empire and the fact that Ukraine for many centuries was governed by Russia," Professor Fruehling said.

"And if you challenge the view that Ukraine is part of Russia, in many ways you actually challenge the view of Russia's existence at the same time. “

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-12/what-if-russia-uses-nuclear-weapons-in-ukraine-nato/101476586

So, always about colonialisation. Psalm chp 2

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The reason why this and all war is particularly distasteful to Jehovah, and thus to us, is that it involves politics and sovereignty.

“ultimately, was about Russia's identity as a colonial empire.”

Even the Russians know it, as mobilisation has been occurring disproportionately higher in the regions outside of Moscow and St Petersburg.

“Buryatia, Chechnya and Dagestan, where "villages are being emptied" as a sign of Russia's colonialism.

The mobilisation is not being felt in Moscow or St Petersburg.

"It goes to the view of Russia as a colonial empire and the fact that Ukraine for many centuries was governed by Russia," Professor Fruehling said.

"And if you challenge the view that Ukraine is part of Russia, in many ways you actually challenge the view of Russia's existence at the same time. “

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-12/what-if-russia-uses-nuclear-weapons-in-ukraine-nato/101476586

So, always about colonialisation. Psalm chp 2

From the Article (very sad):

DA7F6206-9D62-4CA6-AACA-D6FF21C522DE.jpeg.409a61fd7b772336374937b3bd50acc4.jpeg

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

1 hour ago, Michał said:

It’s just an opinion 

do you want my opinion based in a loving God that hás shown to protect his people? It’s not going to happen

We must try not to live in fear

GB says many times most of our fears never come true.

I Have faith 

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It’s just an opinion 

do you want my opinion based in a loving God that hás shown to protect his people? It’s not going to happen

We must try not to live in fear

GB says many times most of our fears never come true.

I Have faith 

In order to settle the issue of Sovereignty once and for all, Jehovah may temporally permit Satan's system to inflict more death.  (Resurrection hope reversers that damage) 

It's wise to be prepared for that. 

I am "prepared" for any eventuality. No surprises for me. 

This world is indeed wicked. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

In order to settle the issue of Sovereignty once and for all, Jehovah may temporally permit Satan's system to inflict more death.  (Resurrection hope reversers that damage) 

Yes I agree

but not a mass destruction war I think

one nuc may trigger another as retaliation 

this is what I’m saying 

otherwise no one could survive

we seem to be at a brink of a major change in the World scenario 

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

we seem to be at a brink of a major change in the World scenario 

No doubt about it...

This is a "movie" of prophecies unfolding in front of our eyes.

It's a privilege to see this and relate those events to resurrected ones in the future.  

56 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Same, I'm ready for nuclear war even.

What can be worse ? :D 

Edited by Dages

It becomes increasingly clear that negotiations with Putin are not on the table, even though Lavarov said they are open to talks 

Here is why: The G7 reiterated that attacks on civilian populations constitute war crimes and pledged to “hold President Putin and those responsible to account”. 

5 hours ago, Michał said:

Now this sort of makes sense.  I've been wondering what practical use could be made of a limited tactical nuclear strike.  Still seems very foolish and impractical, but at least it clearly defines the target and the reason.

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

but not a mass destruction war I think

one nuc may trigger another as retaliation 

Yeah, that's where I'm at, too, in how I can't see the rest of the world continuing to sit back after Russia uses a nuke. If the rest of the world wants to live up to their rhetoric of punishing Putin for war crimes if Russia uses nuclear weapons, then that can only be accomplished with a military invasion of Russia. 

7 hours ago, Hotteok said:

Really beginning to wonder if this doesn’t lead to PS, what will? 

It must.  Somehow.

6 hours ago, Dages said:

remember that PS is a lie from humans.

the attack on BtG is the true starter 

A lie , but also fulfillment of prophesy.  The attack on BtG may be the second domino to fall.  These events may be concurrent.