JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 2/9/2023 at 1:26 PM, Dhanyel said:

That was from over a year ago but it predicted the United Stated would have a Gross Domestic Product growth of like .5% for 2023 whereas it ended up at 4.9% and blew the doors off of expectations.   Not sure about how the rest of the world truly played out in this regard.

4 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

What I wonder is how the declaration of Peace and Security, or Peace and Safety will go from the average man on the street going "[Insert word here] propaganda!  I don't buy it!" to "I can't believe it!  They actually pulled it off!"  Because the proclamation is supposed to mislead the entire world, even possibly misleading some of the spiritually weaker ones(that's the only way I can figure out how a JW could be misled by that proclamation).  

Do we know people will believe it? I thought there was no expectation on how people would respond to it, just that BtG would be destroyed.

2 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

That was from over a year ago but it predicted the United Stated would have a Gross Domestic Product growth of like .5% for 2023 whereas it ended up at 4.9% and blew the doors off of expectations.   Not sure about how the rest of the world truly played out in this regard.

On the other hand ~  Americans are carrying more debt than ever before.  So, the 'spending' is actually 'borrowing'.

9 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

I think this was interesting in Watchtower 81 11/15 paragraph 19 it says:

Of this we can be certain: The cry of “Peace and security!”—whatever form it takes—does not mean that the underlying condition of this world will have been reversed. Nor does it mean that the nations will disarm or give up their hostile attitudes. “‘There is no peace,’ my God has said, ‘for the wicked ones.’” (Isa. 57:21) It is just that, for the moment, world leaders, out of desperation or because of seeing some selfish advantage in pursuing some new policies, will cry “Peace and security!” in a more pronounced way than before.

This is what Ive thought. In desperation, they will cry Peace and security.

Germany preparing for Russia to start World War 3, leaked war plans reveal

https://nypost.com/2024/01/15/news/germany-preparing-for-russia-to-start-world-war-3/

Europe is preparing for Russian President Vladimir Putin to expand his country’s war in Ukraine and attack NATO ally countries next year, leaked documents published in German newspaper Bild reveal.

According to the outlet — which obtained the classified military information from the German Ministry of Defense — the country’s armed forces are gearing up for a “hybrid” Russian attack in Eastern Europe.

Leaked German documents show leaders are preparing should Russia launch World War 3: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/world/leaked-german-documents-show-leaders-preparing-russia-launch-world-war-reports

Edited by Dhanyel

4 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/15/news/germany-preparing-for-russia-to-start-world-war-3/

Europe is preparing for Russian President Vladimir Putin to expand his country’s war in Ukraine and attack NATO ally countries next year, leaked documents published in German newspaper Bild reveal.

According to the outlet — which obtained the classified military information from the German Ministry of Defense — the country’s armed forces are gearing up for a “hybrid” Russian attack in Eastern Europe.

Is this for real or just fear monger? 

8 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

If this thing is heading to this direction, it is faith strengthening because we are so very close to the end.

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

Leaked German documents show leaders are preparing should Russia launch World War 3: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/world/leaked-german-documents-show-leaders-preparing-russia-launch-world-war-reports

It's time to go to "interior" of "roça" my fellow countryman

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

1 hour ago, Richie said:

If this thing is heading to this direction, it is faith strengthening because we are so very close to the end.

True. I hate this system but sad that I cant do that much in the ministry... working full time and my butt off to pay bills then face the apathy of people in the territory. 

3 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Thanks for the heads-up @Dhanyel. Though is says there “The potential scenario outlines how Russia could start waging war in the Baltics by July”.  So basically these leaked war plans are just outlines for potential scenarios. Which could be or could not be. 

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

Fox news seems to be so  focus on reporting negative. 

I was over there by the station in 2001 and I saw a guy hitting a woman in that area too. Even the place cause bad vibes in that that area. Fox might be demon possessed. 

Edited by Dustparticle

20 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I was over there by the station in 2001 and I saw a guy hitting a woman in that area too. Even the place cause bad vibes in that that area. Fox might be demon possessed. 

Yeah.. sounds like too much exaggeration. 

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

Fox news seems to be so  focus on reporting negative. 

In general, media looks for sensational news to make headlines. They need to make money or "push" some agenda. 

Of course NATO prepares for any eventuality. But how the news agencies present that is completely different  story. 

Russia cannot afford to take on combined NATO, unless they are crazy. Russia  has 4,182 military aircraft compared with Nato's combined 20,633, and 598 military ships compared to Nato's 2,151. ... these are just small reminders that Russia is not that powerful. Plus NATO is more technologically advanced. 

So far Russian army cannot beat a single country that is not part of NATO. 

News media coverage  vs reality is big difference. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Relax. They said;

“The documents are not a prediction but part of worst-case-scenario planning, a common exercise within militaries. A German official called the scenario "extremely unlikely."”

I think this is a deliberate leak to encourage the public to support more military aid to Ukraine. It’s another sign of pushing.

(Tapatalk)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

59 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

In general, media looks for sensational news to make headlines. They need to make money or "push" some agenda. 

Of course NATO prepares for any eventuality. But how the news agencies present that is completely different  story. 

Russia cannot afford to take on combined NATO, unless they are crazy. Russia  has 4,182 military aircraft compared with Nato's combined 20,633, and 598 military ships compared to Nato's 2,151. ... these are just small reminders that Russia is not that powerful. Plus NATO is more technologically advanced. 

So far Russian army cannot beat a single country that is not part of NATO. 

News media coverage  vs reality is big difference. 

Im not easily fooled anymore. 

2 hours ago, Michał said:

Relax. They said;

“The documents are not a prediction but part of worst-case-scenario planning, a common exercise within militaries. A German official called the scenario "extremely unlikely."”

I think this is a deliberate leak to encourage the public to support more military aid to Ukraine. It’s another sign of pushing.

(Tapatalk)

Exactly 

thanks @Michał

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

One of the biggest houses of Satan is being divided

“Those who protest vehemently belong to small ideological groups. A special case are Africans: for them, homosexuality is something ‘bad’ from a cultural point of view, they don’t tolerate it” - pope

"We will never consider blessing homosexuality, as it violates Bible” - pastor

Pope using LGBT to divide African church – Ugandan pastor

The continent will reject any attempts to impose “apostasy” over same-sex marriage, Martin Ssempa believes

Pope responds to African protests against gay blessings

Catholic bishops have rejected a recent Vatican declaration allowing an extra-liturgical rite for same-sex couples

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

On 1/30/2024 at 11:12 AM, Dages said:

Guys, if you know anointed people... 
do you know some who claimed to have been sealed recently ? 🤔 

Just to check something... because my anointed mom did...

Yes as you know David I know of three who have all received their final sealing within the past week to ten days

This could of course be a coincidence, but they are all in their mid 50’s and fit and healthy

You must have some very mixed feelings at the moment…. Extremely happy for your mum but also sad because you’ll miss her

I think the best thing any of us can do right now is leave this in Jehovahs hands because if it’s worldwide then the GB will let us know I’m sure once they are absolutely sure themselves

I would be interested to know if when they do receive their final sealing if they have to let the branch know?

Edited by Anniebea

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.