JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Here is the old reference

“Jehovah’s day” will catch many by surprise [Read 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3] (w19.10 8-9 ¶3-6)

Here is the new one

“Jehovah’s day” will catch many by surprise [Read 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3] (w23.06 8-9 ¶3-5)

I thought it was an interesting change.

Not sure if I see the difference? Help me out with this please ..

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 hours ago, trottigy said:

Note this part:

So, seeing the "sudden destruction" IS how we will know "this is it."

3 hours ago, MChill14 said:

It is of interest, though, that Paul compared the sudden destruction following the cry of “Peace and security!” to the birth pang of a pregnant woman.  The signs often become more and more pronounced until, one day, she feels a sharp pain, a pang, indicating that the hoped-for event—the baby’s birth—has arrived. 

Let's merge these two.   Is anyone suggesting that the woman wasn't really sure she was pregnant until the baby arrived???

It's correct to say that we won't really, for sure, know that 1 Thessalonians 5:3 has been fulfilled until the "sudden destruction".  At that point we will be looking back and understanding what was meant by "whenever it is they are saying 'Peace and Security' ".  Only then will we know what form it took, one big proclamation or a series of proclamations etc.

But is it reasonable to think the woman wouldn't believe she was really pregnant until she could look back after the birth?

The study notes say "Once labor pains begin, a woman knows that an unstoppable process has begun".

w23 October pp. 18-23 par. 10 states:  "Think about these earthshaking events that the Bible foretells. First, the nations will proclaim 'peace and security'.  "Instantly", the great tribulation will begin when the nations attack all false religion".

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

Let's merge these two.   Is anyone suggesting that the woman wasn't really sure she was pregnant until the baby arrived???

It's correct to say that we won't really, for sure, know that 1 Thessalonians 5:3 has been fulfilled until the "sudden destruction".  At that point we will be looking back and understanding what was meant by "whenever it is they are saying 'Peace and Security' ".  Only then will we know what form it took, one big proclamation or a series of proclamations etc.

But is it reasonable to think the woman wouldn't believe she was really pregnant until she could look back after the birth?

The study notes say "Once labor pains begin, a woman knows that an unstoppable process has begun".

w23 October pp. 18-23 par. 10 states:  "Think about these earthshaking events that the Bible foretells. First, the nations will proclaim 'peace and security'.  "Instantly", the great tribulation will begin when the nations attack all false religion".

I understand what you’re saying. And as you said none of us know for sure if what is happening now is the fulfilment or part of the fulfilment of 1 Thess 5:3. I guess we’re still waiting on the positive pregnancy test 😅😅. With our eyes of faith we definitely see the world going from bad to worse, and conditions is the world are deteriorating. This certainly strengthens our faith that we are heading in only one direction. The GT.

Something else I think about. Our brothers taking the lead are called the “faithful and DISCREET slave.” I emphasise the word discreet and some information on the quality of discretion. The SB also has some useful information.

w09 5/15 p. 4 says in part:

Evidence of Discretion and Discernment

The Bible states: “The one keeping his lips in check is acting discreetly.” “The man of broad discernment is one that keeps silent.” 

I can’t see our dear bros who make up the FDS saying that 1 Thess 5:3 is being fulfilled or has been fulfilled until they’re 110% convinced or absolutely SURE that is has infact happened. They’re aren’t going to jump the gun or hastily make any announcement. 

You know I’m sure we had some bros and sis who were convinced that Russia was the King of the North along with its allies before it was announced at the AM. I have no doubt they rejoiced when it was formally announced. We look forward to the day Jehovah by means of his channel enlightens us fully to the unfolding of these momentous events.

Edited by MChill14

36 minutes ago, Doug said:

Here's the basic 9-month period of pregnant woman:

> Conception begins - Beginning of pang of distress. Example... morning sickness, vomiting,... etc. 

> 3 to 4 Months - Critical development. 

> 9th Month - Last month has arrived

> +/- 10 or more days - Probable delivery. 

> Mucus plug release > Amiotic fluid burst out - The start of great distress in the household. 

> Labor day period > On going distress - Might reach several days. 

> Baby delivery > Welcoming happiness😂

Please add if there is something missing🤔

6 hours ago, Doug said:

It's more that she didn't know she was really in labor until she gave birth. Woman go through false labor, sometimes several times - and it feels real each time. It's only when she has given birth that she knows the labor was actually real.

We have heard many false cries of P&S, but we won't know for sure that it's real until BtG is destroyed even though we are still sure that we are in End Times.

10 hours ago, MChill14 said:

Further to my earlier comments…I found the talk at timestamp 49:25

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb_201901_3_VIDEO

Thank you.  This was the video I was thinking about and looking for.  It sums everything up nicely!

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

From what I  see. nations are getting prepared to attack BTG. There's much military exercises going on  around the world. Its for BTG not WW3. 

That is good sis. Because I have to much chocolate and I thought they might go after me when the nations run short on it.

The study notes for Thessalonians refers and compares to the ‘pangs of distress’ described by Jesus for the time of the end. These pangs started in 1914 

just like birth pains on a pregnant woman:Labor pains come suddenly; there is no way of foreknowing the exact day and hour. However, Paul’s metaphor stresses the suddenness and inevitability of the coming destruction. Once labor pains begin, a woman knows that an unstoppable process has begun.—Compare study note on Mt 24:8

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Here in our local we are like to see a glimpse  of what will happend in attack of BtG. There is a religious leader who was wanted by the government, and they send many full geared police. They seized the property of the religion. As i saw the video it gave me a goosebumps.

Edited by mjcabz

5 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

When the Holy Spirit informs the faithful and discreet slave that the prophecy of Thessalonians has been fulfilled, that official channel designated by Jehovah will notify us. I'm looking forward to the next annual meeting or sooner.

Don’t be so sure that we will get an announcement from the GB that peace and security has been fulfilled…..

As has been mentioned, sometimes prophecy is it confirmed fulfilled until AFTER it happens…. things may happen so fast with the destruction of Babylon coming, but the brothers don’t have time to tell us it has been fulfilled. Plus, the brothers have told us that when Babylon is destroyed, we will not need an update for an email or any kind of announcement. We will know for sure.

4 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Don’t be so sure that we will get an announcement from the GB that peace and security has been fulfilled…..

As has been mentioned, sometimes prophecy is it confirmed fulfilled until AFTER it happens…. things may happen so fast with the destruction of Babylon coming, but the brothers don’t have time to tell us it has been fulfilled. Plus, the brothers have told us that when Babylon is destroyed, we will not need an update for an email or any kind of announcement. We will know for sure.

In any case, the designated slave needs to confirm whether it is compliance or not, regardless of what happens, or regardless of our own understanding or discernment, You have to wait for the official channel, with technology it is possible to notify practically in real time.

45 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

In any case, the designated slave needs to confirm whether it is compliance or not, regardless of what happens, or regardless of our own understanding or discernment, You have to wait for the official channel, with technology it is possible to notify practically in real time.

Many times GB said… that everyone will know GT started when nations attack false religion worldwide. Until that time do not expect any announcements as GB is very careful about it. Therefore we have personal responsibility to stay spiritually awake, and wait patiently upon Jehovah. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Personally, I was told in the 80/90s as a kid many times over, we would have to quit our jobs at some point. Like I want that announcement then they can tell us prophecy fulfilled!  :lol1:

I've quit once with nothing to go to. I'll do it again at the jump. LOL

Edited by chuck83

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

On 6/13/2024 at 9:36 PM, Doug said:

No, what is being suggested is ... Women have false labor all the time. The "real" labor isn't known for sure until the water breaks and the baby is starting to push. It's the physical manifestation that "this is it" when the water breaks / BtG is attacked. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

10 hours ago, chuck83 said:

Personally, I was told in the 80/90s as a kid many times over, we would have to quit our jobs at some point. Like I want that announcement then they can tell us prophecy fulfilled!  :lol1:

I've quit once with nothing to go to. I'll do it again at the jump. LOL

Dear brother, Mikey, how I understand you. (tu)