JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

6 hours ago, cme said:

I won't be on for awhile.  My mom died this morning a few hours after midnight.  Seeking a flight out to florida but, hurricane is impeding me.

Take care.

Sister Carmen, Jehovah loves you very much! I sympathize with you very much. Acts 24:15

imgonline-com-ua-2to1-cSlUG8VEvTl4 (2).jpg

Edited by Andrey

12 minutes ago, bogartd said:

Brother Andrey, is this a new Org song? It's beautiful!

2 hours ago, Andrey said:

Sister Carmen, Jehovah loves you very much! I sympathize with you very much. Acts 24:15

imgonline-com-ua-2to1-cSlUG8VEvTl4 (2).jpg

Sister Donna, no, it's AI.

Until We Meet Again.pdf

...Secondly, we have a section on peace and security - designed in accordance with proposals presented by the Secretary General, under the title of ‘A new agenda for peace’ - to address the whole spectrum, the whole continuum of peace.”

Do It Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pope-francis-criticizes-trump-and-harris-and-says-voters-must-choose-between-lesser-of-two-evils/ar-AA1qx4lC?ocid=socialshare&cvid=067ee4c3b062470da0b74ceef7c70fae&ei=61

Pope Francis criticizes Trump and Harris and says voters must choose between ‘lesser of two evils’

He knows how to make friends...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pope-francis-criticizes-trump-and-harris-and-says-voters-must-choose-between-lesser-of-two-evils/ar-AA1qx4lC?ocid=socialshare&cvid=067ee4c3b062470da0b74ceef7c70fae&ei=61

Pope Francis criticizes Trump and Harris and says voters must choose between ‘lesser of two evils’

And Influence People. 

48 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

….and stay neutral 🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 9/12/2024 at 12:14 PM, sully313 said:

Hey Carmen…this Scripture always helps. I empathize with you deeply. Keep strong we are ALL with you sis!

Luke 20:37,38

He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him

Dear Sister Carmen, So So sorry. Pease enter any thoughts, meanderings, or feelings that you can share. Feel free to message me here at JW talk. I would love to hear (read) any thoughts about your Dear Mother and about how you are dealing with this new trauma. ys,pauline 

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

https://youtu.be/JAwIN8J3RAE

:D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:40 PM, Doak said:

us

On 6/27/2022 at 11:13 PM, New World Explorer said:

Like you David, my focus is on daily walking with Jehovah, and I know that eventually we will reach our destination.:)

What Jehovah prophesied regarding last days and King of the North, has amazing fulfillment today, and is unfolding in front of our eyes. 

When I see wars, pandemics and economic instability ripping this world apart, I can see how human governments will try to "patch" the system and give mankind (false) hope that things will get better by proclaiming Peace and Security. 

We are not far now.  

On 6/27/2022 at 10:40 PM, Doak said:

Hello to all of you, dear brothers!

I'm a young, baptized, newly married brother serving in a congregation in Portugal. Lately I've been feeling a little down, I'm not going to lie. I have known the truth since I was born, and I have always heard that there will be a Great Tribulation and an Armageddon. As I got a little older, I began to hear about the announcement of peace and security that we are all waiting for. The problem is that more than 20 years have passed. And I know that before I was born the brothers already heard about it. I've made so many changes in my life for the end of the system and it seems like it never comes again...

I sometimes hear speeches from the Governing Body (such as Brother Anthony Morris's final speech for the second part of the 2021 Annual Meeting, February 2022 Broadcasting) or read articles in the Watchtower that make me think it won't last longer. than 5 years. Other times, through the news I see, conversations with some brothers or even the organization's projects, I keep thinking that the end is not so close after all.

The Governing Body says the end is "imminent". When someone tells me something is imminent, or about to occur, I usually think it will be in a few days or weeks. In the case of the end, of course I don't think of days or weeks, but the word "imminent" makes me think of 2 or 3 years. Imminent is associated with urgency and it doesn't seem to me that more than 5 years is that imminent for a human being. For humans like us, imminent is something brief that we are about to witness. How long ago did we start hearing the expression "the Last of "the Last Days""?

What if the conflict with the King of the North lasts for a few years (as Jens Stoltenberg, NATO Secretary General, said)? To announce peace and security, the world needs to be at least at peace, and I don't think peace with Russia will be achieved that quickly. I see the war in Ukraine as the tip of the iceberg, which will continue around the world until it reaches the confrontation "King of the North vs King of the South". The announcement of peace and security may not come until a few years from now. And what about the Great Tribulation? It may take even longer to arrive. We still have the prophecy of the "generation that will not pass away", but we have the example of Brother Mark Sanderson who was born in 1965 and is currently 57 years old. For me, 57 is still a relatively young age. It takes 13 years to reach the age of 70 and normally no one dies of old age at 70. Do you understand what I mean? In my former congregation, for example, there was also a brother who took the emblems and who must have been around 40 years old. There are many anointed ones who are still somewhat far from old age.

I'm getting more and more fed up with this system and it never seems to end. Even the Covid-19 pandemic caused me hope, but it's been 2 and a half years of pandemic and nothing has happened. The war with the King of the North also started in February and we are already entering July. Another convention is coming and the question remains: how many more conventions will there be until the end of the system? Like, how many more conventions does the Governing Body have prepared for us to attend (when they are prepared 5 years in advance)? And regarding the Memorial, how many Memorials are we going to attend until the Great Tribulation comes?

We also have the project of the series "The Good News According to Jesus" that started recording on May 20th of this year. If this series can be used in the new world to teach the resurrected about the Bible, then Jehovah will want the series to be released before the system ends, right? Since the series will last about 1000 hours, how many years will it take to finish recording, editing, translating, etc? And what about the new study book "Enjoy Life Forever!"? We will have a worldwide preaching campaign in September to offer Bible studies with this publication, do you think Jehovah would allow the end to come before anyone interested has time to study it and make progress? And the return to face-to-face meetings? Wouldn't it make sense for Jehovah to give us some reasonable time to encourage each other after 2 years away from each other? And as for preaching, do you think the end will come without us getting back to full throttle (not to mention the judgment message)?

Please brothers, tell me your opinions regarding everything I said, regarding current events and how long you think the end is. I need help from a brother who is up to date and who is an active servant of Jehovah.

(This text was originally written in Portuguese from Portugal, I apologize for any errors in the English translation)

It's really heart breaking, but you endured for years without giving up, Jehovah has rewards for you and he does not live you with a fake promises... Remember the word of Jesus"but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short " and things happen in a blink of eyes.. So don't commonly take a day, because a day can bring a lot, just one day every one became a sinner, and just a day we redeemed. So fear a day.... Please don't look at when and how, instead hold on to what, which is what you need to do. 

On 9/14/2024 at 8:40 AM, Idongesit Archibong said:

So don't commonly take a day, because a day can bring a lot, just one day every one became a sinner, and just a day we redeemed. So fear a day.... Please don't look at when and how, instead hold on to what, which is what you need to do. 

I like your comment…. In single day epic changes can take place as you have highlighted. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

https://x.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1834269549371297806

Vladimir Putin issued a stark warning to the West, stating that if Ukraine is permitted to use long-range missiles to strike deep within Russian territory, it would effectively mean that the United States and NATO would become direct enemies of Russia, making them legitimate military targets.

:touche:

An interesting article on the stat of the UN. We know this. Just interesting to see the perspective of the writer. 

https://worldcrunch.com/world-affairs/replace-the-united-nations

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

23 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

An interesting article on the stat of the UN. We know this. Just interesting to see the perspective of the writer. 

Thanks

its a good thing that we have Revelation chapter 17 

there we read that the Scarlet Beast dives into abyss ONLY ONCE 

There won’t be a third version of the league or UN

the actual UN will go straight to the eternal destruction in Armageddon 

If we are at a brick of a WW-3 then fasten your seat belts because we are entering GT sooner than we think 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

25 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

It reinforces the thought that instead of looking at world events that may lead to some peaceful resolution, that we should look at their failure to bring peace. The world needs a global organization that has the authority to bring a global solution. The only earthly organization capable of doing that is the weak UN. It will be interesting to see the world leaders leaning toward giving the UN some real power (teeth). I think we will see that happening one day, it will be very obvious when it happens.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D