JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

We have to take a look from Jehovah's view point. We humans are to limited for that.

There is a lot going on. And when we look back in say 100 years, we will understand how all these things had a play in showing the signs. We can speculate on each world news, how it fits in, but perhaps it's better to focus where we are in the timeline.

Don't forget that there are still regions that are not preached at, Still a few prophesies remain unfulfilled, and we are still finding people in our district. We're not done yet, but as with everything we have seen through the decades, we saw signs that are part of the prophesies, but also things that likely are not.

The only constant that has been clear (at least for most of us) is that the world get's darker and the truth  get's brighter.

We need to focus on our relation with Jehovah, move with the organisation, and trust that everything is going according Jehovah's plan. 

The love that Jehovah is showing, the patience, compassion, makes that we still can get family members, friends and colleagues in the truth. And even though the time IS short, we don't know how short. Next week? Next year? 2025? We don't know.

Live as it comes tomorrow, preach as if we have a few months to reach someone's heart with God's Word!

The signs will still be there, and more will be added with how our work is progressing.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

36 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

Don't forget that there are still regions that are not preached at, Still a few prophesies remain unfulfilled, and we are still finding people in our district. We're not done yet

Looks like we will never be fully done, as about ... 

385,000 babies are born each day according to the UN.

Those who are 15 y.o in 5 years will be adults in their 20's (making decisions for themselves) 

Some territories we can't get into. (North Korea) 

Our witnessing work will be interrupted by GT at some point. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

57 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Those who are 15 y.o in 5 years will be adults in their 20's (making decisions for themselves) 

I think Matthew 10:23 can help us to understand until where and when we can reach the preaching work. Also some public talk outlines (I have few) talk about until where we can reach the people when Armageddon comes. Regarding the timeline, Daniel chapters 11 and 12 help us where we are now. Also, Revelation chapter 16 tells us the timeline of preaching work where we are now, just try to dig them further. These precious truths were gift given by Jehovah in its proper time. Amos 3:7 helps us to understand even few years prior to the fulfilment and GB recognized this that some of us have this gift. But GB is the only mean of Jehovah to pronounce it collectively for the sake of order. But some of us knew some as what were given to the old days like prophet Agabus though he is not a GB. But still, he has to wait from GB direction from Jerusalem. 

7 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I've always envisioned Jehovah acting when the countdown clock hits zero and instantly undoing all of the monkey wrenches Satan has put into his system and causing the cry of peace and security to happen in a way that none of us saw coming.  

I’ve heard this sentiment expressed before, so you’re not the only one who feels this way. However, Jehovah is not going to cause the cry of peace and security to happen, satan will. The cry of peace and security goes against Jehovah’s will, since it promotes human rulership and not his kingdom.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

16 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

And "Everyday about 2000 children aged less than five succumb to diarrhea and every 40 seconds a life is lost", also according to the UN.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

16 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Not just North Korea. How about the Middle East, China, etc? A good amount of Asia has not been reached too. Many of them in those lands might survive Armageddon and give a witness to.

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Not just North Korea. How about the Middle East, China, etc? A good amount of Asia has not been reached too. Many of them in those lands might survive Armageddon and give a witness to.

It was just one example without quoting a long of list of countries. 😉

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

22 hours ago, Rodejong said:

Don't forget that there are still regions that are not preached...

Matt 10:23 "...for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives."

Edited by SteveAus

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Ce système provoque une grande tristesse, une dépression, un esprit imparfait d'imaginer que ce système peut durer encore 15 à 20 ans, ne pas devenir fou est un miracle 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥

When Jesus looked at Jerusalem for one of the last times from earth, just before his death, he wept heartily. He saw the debacle of 70, the horror of the end of the Jewish system. So what did he do? He focused on his mission: the end of his ministry, his dialogue with his Father, the supplications. I remember what Br Morris said in a speech not long ago. It was something like: 'Where we are in time and epochs, we are no longer just praying but begging'. How right he was, our Brother! Let's say we haven't seen everything yet so one day after another, no more. I totally share your feelings, dear Daniel, and am sure it won't be much longer. Let's hold on. With Jehovah's help, we will get there.

Dear brothers, we all know that even though we think that JEHOVAHS day

Little while longer

has delayed, we must put this in mind that Jehovah has appointed the exact date. And the fulfilments of Bible prophecies, ensures us that we are in the last of the last days and that it's just around the corner! 

5 hours ago, Muhindo Nathan said:

Dear brothers, we all know that even though we think that JEHOVAHS day

has delayed, we must put this in mind that Jehovah has appointed the exact date. And the fulfilments of Bible prophecies, ensures us that we are in the last of the last days and that it's just around the corner! 

the sun rise and sets and it’s another day in this system, doubt it will ever end!

On 11/10/2023 at 11:26 AM, Richie said:

Love this topic but I am lazy to write it down here. Why not try to figure out how NATO, UN and European Nations (of course US and Russia are main actors) might also play the actors of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation. From these, we can get a clearer picture and almost seeing the reality of what we are waiting for... By the way, I started giving much attention on this subject since 2007 and now in Jehovah's love things become clearer. 

We can assume they all are playing their part in the scene (1 Cor 7:31).

It's quite interesting that, after listing the 7 main kings, which last is Angloamerican, and the 8th (UN), the Bible tells of "ten kings who have not yer received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour" will give the beast their power.

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not,+ it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction. 12 “The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. 13 These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. 14 These will battle with the Lamb,+ but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings,+ the Lamb will conquer them.+ Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.”+

As RE explains, "in the first century, the ‘ten horns had not yet received a kingdom.’ But now in the Lord’s day, they have “a kingdom,” or political authority. With the collapse of the great colonial empires, particularly since the second world war, many new nations have been born. These, as well as the longer-established powers, must rule with the wild beast for a short period—just “one hour”—before Jehovah brings an end to all worldly political authority at Armageddon."

So, all nations --including nations with no vote at UNSC-- will be main actors for "one hour." To do what? The ten horns on the scarlet-colored wild beast are said to represent ten kings who are to receive authority as kings “one hour” with the wild beast. (Re 17:12) Of Babylon the Great, it is said: “In one hour your judgment has arrived!” (Re 18:10)

And then, kaput! God ends end all.

2 hours ago, Sackedbysapp said:

the sun rise and sets and it’s another day in this system, doubt it will ever end!

The sun rising and setting.  That will never end.  But this system will.  Because of what's going on now with the climate, international lack of relations, and the continued poisoning of the earth, this system will end one way or another.  Jehovah's going to make sure it ends in a way that benefits his people.  Like @truce said, have faith.

3 hours ago, Sackedbysapp said:

Sometimes when my imperfection comes into play and I begin to doubt if the end will ever come. I think about the qualities of our God.  His love, mercy and justice.  How can I say he is a God of Love willing to send his son in our behalf and also think at the same time, that he doesn't have a purpose for those who put faith in him. It would make him a liar and someone that couldn't be trusted. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

6 hours ago, Sackedbysapp said:

Sunrise and setting and rising again has caused you a bit of stress lately 🌄🌅💕

Are you still suffering with your insomnia?

If so that can make a person feel hopeless 😔

Don't forget Isaiah 55:11

"So my word that goes out of my mouth will be.  It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do"

5 hours ago, ChrisW said:

I begin to doubt if the end will ever come

Sometimes I feel like you Chris. :( Because I have to fight with negative thoughts ever since I was a child.

Im negative because I deal bad with delusion. So I assume the worse and if gets better than that, I become very happy.

Now, imagine all christians that have fled from Jerusalem back in 66EC. Waiting all those years for the end of  Jerusalem to come ! :D  "when? oh boy! when??" 

Waiting for GT to come is an assay for later. When GT arrives we might say after "Oh Boy, when does Armagedom come?" "Will it ever arrive?" "Oh: when!!?"

Now are are learning to trust, to wait and to keep busy doing what Jehovah asks us: Preaching, making disciples and cultivating the Spirit fruit to be able to survive GT that is fast aproaching. ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

29 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Because I have to fight with negative thoughts ever since I was a child.

I understand Sofia.  We are so imperfect.  We just don't fully comprehend Jehovah's perfect love and mercy.  How it applies to everything he does. We attribute our feelings and understanding to him. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

On 11/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, Lee49 said:

And then there's them other guys and gals .............................

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joetoscano1/2023/06/01/financial-surveillance-tool-exposes-critical-flaws-in-political-trading-practices/?sh=2d1d54246411

Financial Surveillance Tool Exposes Critical Flaws In Political Trading Practices

He hopes to allow the public to see, learn from, and scrutinize the actions of these politicians with the end goal being to stop politicians from leveraging their power to enrich themselves in unethical, if not illegal, ways while simultaneously increasing financial literacy.

The rich keep getting richer! 🤑

Don’t you also feel that with the latest information on intensifying our efforts in the preaching work means we're very close? (the theme of the assemblies next year, refinements in pioneering hours, refinements in how publishers don’t count time, the new publications, the Annual meeting talks - the ones we'll hear in Jan). These all fulfil Matt 24:14, we'll be preaching til the end.

But also this scripture in Luke 13:6-9, where Jesus was discussing the unproductive fig tree, and how it was given one more year of intense effort of digging and manure to produce fruit - then it was destroyed.

The cross ref is 2 Pet 3:9. Jehovah is not slow. He will deliver on his promise. But with the work suddenly intensifying (along with the other obvious signs), we can see we are definitely on the precipice of that wonderful new world.  Jehovah, being merciful is wanting all righteously disposed to repent. Now or never!