JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS: 2023 conventions.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 386 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

We are pleased to announce that the Governing Body has decided that, Jehovah willing, we will resume in-person regional conventions in 2023.

I appreciate the "Jehovah Willing"...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

With the in person meetings and ministry resuming, I expected it to happen. Now the remaining is in person door to door ministry.

I wonder what will this mean for circuit assemblies and online convention arrangements that we have now. Surely this means that the 2023 Regional Convention will be in person. But what about CA? And what about those who want to view it through jw.org like now?

Very Exciting 

BREAKING NEWS 

We are pleased to announce that the Governing Body has decided that, Jehovah willing, we will resume in-person regional conventions in 2023. Branches will now begin scheduling dates and selecting venues. We pray for Jehovah’s rich blessing to be with all those involved in the planning.

Just noticed this topic is already started 

https://jwtalk.net/topic/52749-breaking-news-2023-conventions/

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

19 minutes ago, Hinata said:

And what about those who want to view it through jw.org like now?

I hope it is made available on JW.org just like it is now or at least the first convention is recorded and made available on JWStream.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was thinking of how the convention could be released on video without spoiling it for some people who haven't had their conventions yet, and not making us wait until the last convention happens to release anything on video.  Maybe the "Convention releases" section on JW.org could include the convention videos themselves? 

We are pleased to announce that the Governing Body has decided that, Jehovah willing, we will resume in-person regional conventions in 2023. Branches will now begin scheduling dates and selecting venues. We pray for Jehovah’s rich blessing to be with all those involved in the planning.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

we will resume in-person regional conventions in 2023

They are calling them Regional Conventions again...😁

For someone who was as hopeful as I was for the end to come within the next year, we may have to wait a little longer. It was Jehovah who gave the direction to resume face-to-face conventions, so he will soon know that the time for the end has not yet come. Let's hope it's the last convention!

4 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Is there something terribly wrong with me, that everyone's glad to hear this except me? 😅

Let's just pray that you get to click on "Convention releases", and find a way to truthfully answer yes to "Have you already had your convention?", and get your convention files.  😂

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

I was thinking of how the convention could be released on video without spoiling it for some people who haven't had their conventions yet, and not making us wait until the last convention happens to release anything on video.  Maybe the "Convention releases" section on JW.org could include the convention videos themselves? 

It is very easy to avoid being "spoiled". Simply do not watching anything you don't want to see, yet. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Even in these past years, the RC has been published online in advance of everyone having had the chance to watch it.  It takes minimal self control to avoid clicking the links..😉😐

also - I feel various ways about this development. 😬 But I knew it was coming...

Edited by Hope

1 minute ago, Hope said:

It is very easy to avoid being "spoiled". Simply do not watching anything you don't want to see, yet. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Even in these past years, the RC has been published online in advance of everyone having had the chance to watch it.  It takes minimal self control to avoid clicking the links.. 😐😉

I think I remember having to wait until South Africa had theirs close to December before any videos got released, or am I remembering wrong?

7 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I think I remember having to wait until South Africa had theirs close to December before any videos got released, or am I remembering wrong?

Southern hemisphere (e.g. Brasil or Africa) usually have their RCs in December. But the videos used in the conventions (jwbcov) were used to be released on jw.org in September pre-covid-19.

The very first RCs used to be held in May. Which means for some people, there’re less than a year left for 2023 RC. Possibly, around that time is likely when the RC recording will be uploaded in stream.jw.org for elders and MS.