JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS: 2023 conventions.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:42 AM, Pabo said:

We have been supplied with the dates for a 2023 circuit assemblies

In Portugal they will be in-person

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

In Portugal they will be in-person

I don’t think that means anything. Circuit assemblies for 2020, 2021 and 2022 were also all written to be in-person, but they all ended up being streamed. It seems CAs are always planned for in-person regardless of pandemic or not.

But it is true that with the 2023 regional convention being in-person, the likelyhood of having in-person CA is now more high. The question is if that’s the case, how JW Stream-Studios will be used after that.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, Sepie93 said:

We are pleased to announce that the Governing Body has decided that, Jehovah willing, we will resume in-person regional conventions in 2023.

Brothers, I have a question. When we resumed face-to-face meetings, the brothers of the Governing Body said that they felt Jehovah's hand guiding them in making that decision. However, this time, it seems they didn't put the words in that perspective. "Jehovah willing", that is, it seems that they made the decision without His guidance, sort of "whatever God wants", and now they hope that Jehovah can bless this decision. Am I wrong in the way I understood this sentence?

2 hours ago, Hope said:

Our December 2022 CO Circuit Assembly will be streamed. #quietcheer 🥳

Our May 2023 BR Circuit Assembly will be in person. 😌

Same here

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I just go with the flow...let see what happens in 2023. 

Situation with covid probably will change in 6-8 months from now. (maybe?)

Researchers predict that COVID will become endemic. The term “endemic” may seem unfamiliar to many people. After all, we don’t often describe seasonal illnesses like the cold or flu as endemic. 

An endemic is a constant presence of a disease within a given population. Examples of endemic diseases include influenza, malaria, HIV, and syphilis. 

Consider the seasonal flu, which typically peaks in colder months. Because communities recognize the pattern of flu season, we know how to take protective measures. We can control influenza endemic by washing our hands, getting a flu shot, and staying home when ill. 

If COVID becomes endemic, we will likely see an increase in seasonal efforts to control the disease. For example, people may frequently wear masks during the colder months to slow COVID. Masks may also be requested or required in public transportation, business offices, and other crowded spaces. 

Quarantine restrictions may also become a regular part of life for the workforce. Like staying home with the flu, staying home when you are ill with COVID will protect others from infection. It hasn’t been determined whether employers should require a negative test for employees to return to the office. 

Like many people get a yearly flu shot, yearly COVID boosters could become the new normal. Boosters will be necessary to keep up with the ever-evolving strains of COVID. Ultimately, COVID may never leave us, but vaccines and masks will keep hospitalizations at bay. 

https://www.axiomllc.com/blog/will-covid-end-in-2023/

Important::)

Please do not start Covid-19 discussion here, above info is only once off post (read only )

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

31 minutes ago, Doak said:

"Jehovah willing", that is, it seems that they made the decision without His guidance, sort of "whatever God wants",

They always seek his guidance and pray over matters. 

But how Jehovah answers those prayers is another aspect.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

15 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

They always seek his guidance and pray over matters. 

Perhaps the English translation was not the most reliable with what I wanted to say. I know they always pray to Jehovah and this time was no exception. However, when they announced the return of face-to-face meetings, they indicated that they felt God's guidance in this regard. In this case, it seems the words sounded differently. But like you said, sometimes Jehovah answers us in another way. 😊

8 hours ago, trottigy said:

The hard part will be figuring out how large of a place will be needed. Will there be only 50% in attendance- maybe rent the usual size and if there is only 50% then that leaves room for ones to sit spaced out more.

That's a little like our Kingdom Halls now. Maybe only 50% of the seats are used, but it gives us the necessary space between others whom we do not know.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

That's a little like our Kingdom Halls now. Maybe only 50% of the seats are used, but it gives us the necessary space between others whom we do not know.

I really don’t see seat spacing as something they are worried about. We just had a metro cart meeting with a fully packed Kingdom Hall. There were no seats left and they had to set up extra seats in the back. Social distancing was not an option. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

:eek:  when it is 2023 I'll be another year older  :eek: 

Me too. Although, depending on what date our convention will be scheduled for, I might even be two years older by that time! (I turn one year older in just a few days.)

8 hours ago, Dages said:

Same.

I can't wait to be in 2023. I guess the feeling to be at our assembly hall will be special

I agree. I hope ours will be in our Assembly Hall again. Our last in person convention (2019) was in a rented facility in another city. But I would feel a lot more comfortable if we had a more local convention this time. I don't feel right about reserving a hotel room in another city months in advance if another surge in COVID cases only necessitated cancelling the convention, or prevented me from attending.

On the other hand, next year is still a long way off...

Our October 2022 and our April 2023 Circuit Assemblies are listed as "Location to be determined" - we do have an Assembly Hall for use when in-person is resumed.

Here is a website with some nice pics - scroll down in site to see the pics

https://www.businessyab.com/explore/united_states/florida/volusia_county/daytona_beach/north_tomoka_farms_road/299/assembly-hall-of-jehovahs-witnesses-386-226-1288.html

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 7/14/2022 at 3:20 PM, Thomas Walker said:

Is there something terribly wrong with me, that everyone's glad to hear this except me? 😅

lol your not the only one sense im on dialysis its not recommended for me to take 3 days off so i can get all 3 days of the convention

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Awesome news! If we can meeting in person for the meetings, then the conventions are a no-brainer in my view. 

We all met together at the Assembly Hall for our memorial, I'm looking forward to doing the same thing for the RC next year.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

If the conventions return in the same format as previously, meaning three full days, I am already thinking of plans to attend the program during three (or more) weekends. The Covid era has taken away my last bits and pieces of concentration and ability to sit still for hours on end.

Weekend 1 - Attend Friday program, rest weekend, able to go to work on Monday

Weekend 2 - Attend Saturday program

Weekend 3 - Attend Sunday program, maybe ask for Monday off in order to calm down/rest

Hoping for a hybrid alternative at the very least. Good thing Jesus sees what’s going on in every single congregation member’s life—unlike imperfect people who have tendency to judge.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

11 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

If the conventions return in the same format as previously, meaning three full days, I am already thinking of plans to attend the program during three (or more) weekends. The Covid era has taken away my last bits and pieces of concentration and ability to sit still for hours on end.

Weekend 1 - Attend Friday program, rest weekend, able to go to work on Monday

Weekend 2 - Attend Saturday program

Weekend 3 - Attend Sunday program, maybe ask for Monday off in order to calm down/rest

Hoping for a hybrid alternative at the very least. Good thing Jesus sees what’s going on in every single congregation member’s life—unlike imperfect people who have tendency to judge.

Before this online format I couldn’t absorb all info

i have little concentration ability in the mornings… no notes. Only afternoons

now in this format + magnificent transcripts generously given here I’m able not only to memorize to apply but also to come back later when needed like this mwm with the two faith videos from last year.

Thank you Jehovah!

may this on line format never end for our benefit as well 

1 hour ago, Parale said:

Fortunately over here they have generally broadcast the entire Convention Program on the radio, so it is fairly easy to record and catch up any missing points :)

I generally do that of recording the convention and them listen to it when I am mowing the lawn during the summer.

• 5 weeks later...