JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

capture23.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

Magnitude 6.8 Earthquake Strikes Southern Philippines

April 28, 2017 2:29 PM

The USGS reports the earthquake struck off the southern coast of Mindanao about 50 miles south of General Santos City at 1:23 p.m. Friday Pacific Time (4:23 a.m. Saturday local time).

According to the National Tsunami Warning Center, tsunami waves reaching 0.3 to 1 meter above tide level are possible for some coastlines in the Philippines, and tsunami waves less than 0.3 meters are possible for the coasts of Indonesia, Malaysia, Palau and Yap.

Officials said there is no tsunami threat to Hawaii or the west coast of the United States.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Speaking of Alaska...

A 6.6 just hit there.

A 5.2, a 5.9, and a 5.7 also struck Alaska today.

Plus, there were 4 quakes there this past weekend:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/earthquakes-alaska-4-in-48-hours-weekend/

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Earthquake in Greece and Turkey, 6.1 downgraded from 6.3, one dead.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/13/one-dead-powerful-earthquake-hits-greece-turkey?cx_cid=newsdaily-edm-2017

The epicentre was 15km south of Lesvos, which is where my family is from.  It was the gateway for the refugees coming into Europe from Turkey.  It was felt from the Turkish province of Izmir to Athens.  I'm amazed that there is only one death, since I know how dilapidated those old buildings are in my mum's village.  But it has caused a lot of destruction and homelessness for many.  Even though the locals in Izmir and Greece experience many earthquakes, locals said this one was unexpectedly big.

"The trembling was really bad. Everything in my clinic started shaking wildly, we all ran outside with the patients," said Didem Eris, a 50-year-old dentist in Izmir's Karsiyaka district. "We are very used to earthquakes as people of Izmir but this one was different. I thought to myself that this time we were going to die."

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Earthquake in Greece and Turkey, 6.1 downgraded from 6.3, one dead.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/13/one-dead-powerful-earthquake-hits-greece-turkey?cx_cid=newsdaily-edm-2017

The epicentre was 15km south of Lesvos, which is where my family is from.  It was the gateway for the refugees coming into Europe from Turkey.  It was felt from the Turkish province of Izmir to Athens.  I'm amazed that there is only one death, since I know how dilapidated those old buildings are in my mum's village.  But it has caused a lot of destruction and homelessness for many.  Even though the locals in Izmir and Greece experience many earthquakes, locals said this one was unexpectedly big.

"The trembling was really bad. Everything in my clinic started shaking wildly, we all ran outside with the patients," said Didem Eris, a 50-year-old dentist in Izmir's Karsiyaka district. "We are very used to earthquakes as people of Izmir but this one was different. I thought to myself that this time we were going to die."

I was just watching a video of the chaotic aftermath. So much destruction and some of those old building just seemed to disintergrate. I am surprised that only one person died and only 10 were injured.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

There was no reported damage or injuries at refugee camps on Lesbos or the nearby island of Chios.

Both islands saw a major influx of migrants leaving from Turkey in 2015, and about 8,000 remain in limbo in Lesbos and Chios as they await news on their asylum applications.

Top Stories: Magnitude-6.2 quake rocks Greek island of Lesbos to rubble

Four missing after tsunami strikes Greenland coast after a magnitude four earthquake caused the tsunami.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40320629

Again, another one of these phenomena that is unprecedented: "Meteorologist Trine Dahl Jensen told Danish news agency Ritzau that for such an earthquake to hit Greenland was "not normal", as she warned of the risk of aftershocks."

Dutchsinse seems to think it must have been a giant chunk of ice breaking off into the ocean that caused the big wave.

According to him, a 4.0 is incapable of creating a tsunami.

Powerful earthquake shakes Guatemala and El Salvador

A major earthquake struck off the coast of Guatemala on Thursday, damaging buildings and downing trees as well as causing powerful tremors in neighboring El Salvador. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

The quake, measured at a magnitude of 6.8 by the U.S. Geological Survey, struck 38 kilometers (24 miles) southwest of Puerto San Jose at a depth of 46.8 kilometers.

A deeper earthquake of similar magnitude struck the interior of Guatemala last week, killing at least two people and damaging buildings.

http://www.eldiario.ec/noticias-manabi-ecuador/438482-al-menos-cuatro-temblores-se-han-registrado-en-manabi-tras-sismo-de-63-grados-de-magnitud/

Since the major 7.8 earthquake of April 2016 here in Ecuador, we continue to have aftershocks or temblors.  Yesterday afternoon there was a 6.3  that shook us for a while. I didn't realize that others followed until I read the local news this morning.

5 hours ago, Woodland said:

So many earth quakes that we never here anything about.

That's a thing that I've noticed for a while now... the main stream media seems to give us only filtered information. We don't hear anything anymore about the nuclear disaster in Fukushima. While the government forces their people to come back, or they will loose their civil rights (or something like that). But the situation up there haven't been solved since the nuclear disaster, it even got worse. The nuclear power plant is still leaking... and worse then ever.

Here is a youtube movie about natural disasters that happened on June 27 and 28 2017. But never got reported on the news over here.

https://youtu.be/gssm4laTxrw

And this is a movie from Pastor Paul Begley that keeps track of animal deaths throughout the years. In this youtube movie he only reports about the deaths in June. But I never heard about it on the news.

https://youtu.be/0ieVYGZ-sWo

I've seen more of these items, and it disturbs me that the news media doesn't talk about it. Cause it could certainly open up peoples eyes. But that's just what Satan wants... he will manipulate the croud by giving them another picture of what really happens. That's why people still keep telling us that this happens for decades. People really got blindfolded, I really feel sorry for them.

That's a thing that I've noticed for a while now... the main stream media seems to give us only filtered information. We don't hear anything anymore about the nuclear disaster in Fukushima. While the government forces their people to come back, or they will loose their civil rights (or something like that). But the situation up there haven't been solved since the nuclear disaster, it even got worse. The nuclear power plant is still leaking... and worse then ever.

Here is a youtube movie about natural disasters that happened on June 27 and 28 2017. But never got reported on the news over here.

And this is a movie from Pastor Paul Begley that keeps track of animal deaths throughout the years. In this youtube movie he only reports about the deaths in June. But I never heard about it on the news.

I've seen more of these items, and it disturbs me that the news media doesn't talk about it. Cause it could certainly open up peoples eyes. But that's just what Satan wants... he will manipulate the croud by giving them another picture of what really happens. That's why people still keep telling us that this happens for decades. People really got blindfolded, I really feel sorry for them.

As a news media outlet, you always have to chose what to talk about. No news media can cover everything, not even non-mainstream media. What you have to do is make sure to get your news from various sources, sources with a great pedigree, but not just those you agree with. And, get your news from more than one country, and in more than one language, if you can. Usually when you dig a little into the "mainstream media does not talk about this" type of stories, you see rather quickly why. Usually there is no story, or it has been covered and you've missed it.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”